Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

evryfink.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
is it my imagination ...or misfortune ...to hear more and more people speak like this?

Comments

• Options
    Try living in Essex :thumb:
  • Options
    Originally posted by *x*franki chicken*x*
    Try living in Essex :thumb:
    you should hear it with a welsh accent!
  • Options
    I was trying to imagine that...I just can't do it lol!

It's gotta be wierd...
  • Options
    I was trying to imagine that...I just can't do it lol!

It's gotta be wierd...
    it's nuffink realy.
  • Options
    Oh god...that one's a bugger.

Especially when it's "But I ain't done nuffink!!"
  • Options
    on a more serious note ...how can all these people be allowed to leave school talking like this?
    in my day they'd a whacked you round the back of the head till you spoke propper like.
  • Options
    Totally...the only thing I do is miss my t's on occasion (i.e. all the time).
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    on a more serious note ...how can all these people be allowed to leave school talking like this?
    in my day they'd a whacked you round the back of the head till you spoke propper like.

too right. it's a byproduct of the modern generation where it seems to actually be socially acceptable to be a school dropout with no education, no career prospects, no aim in life other than to do as little as possible and make a nuisance out of yourself, and no social aspirations higher than being able to afford a pathetic little car and add a spoiler, neon lights and a ridiculously loud stereo.
  • Options
    Originally posted by dr_carter
    too right. it's a byproduct of the modern generation where it seems to actually be socially acceptable to be a school dropout with no education, no career prospects, no aim in life other than to do as little as possible and make a nuisance out of yourself, and no social aspirations higher than being able to afford a pathetic little car and add a spoiler, neon lights and a ridiculously loud stereo.
    but i hear celebritys talk like this.
  • Options
    but i hear celebritys talk like this.

aye, Jade out of Big Brother was right minging wasnt she :D
  • Options
    Jade Goody deserves a thump. I wish the Sun would stop publishing stuff about her, it gives her the impression that people actually give a shit whether or not she throws herself of Beachy Head.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    aye, Jade out of Big Brother was right minging wasnt she :D
    dunno ...i don't do big bruvver.
  • Options
    dunno ...i don't do big bruvver.

Good for you. Really, why do people give a shit about the most boring and irritating people in the world and their pointless little lives together in a house? I don't really know who's more pathetic, people who go on it or people who watch it.
  • Options
    Good for you. Really, why do people give a shit about the most boring and irritating people in the world and their pointless little lives together in a house? I don't really know who's more pathetic, people who go on it or people who watch it.

Tell you what, you are getting right on my tits you are :mad:
  • Options
    Tell you what, you are getting right on my tits you are :mad:

What've I done now?
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Jade Goody deserves a thump. I wish the Sun would stop publishing stuff about her, it gives her the impression that people actually give a shit whether or not she throws herself of Beachy Head.

for once i think i agree with you.

jade goody does not deserve to be famous for finishing 5th in BB2. she should vanish into oblivion.
  • Options
    Hey...I love BB :(
  • Options
    why do people give a shit about the most boring and irritating people in the world

Would you rather people didn't care about the likes of you?
  • Options
    Hey...I love BB :(

I retract my 'people who watch BB are sad' comment.
    Purely to keep you talking to me :D

I really would like to know what's so fascinating about it tho. It's people in a house! Look around you, it's exactly the same and you don't have to watch the telly for it!
  • Options
    Originally posted by NaCN
    Would you rather people didn't care about the likes of you?

Uncalled for.
  • Options
    It's people living in a house with no contact with the outside world.

It's fascinating, especially when you get people like Ahmed throwing plates :yes:
  • Options
    It's people living in a house with no contact with the outside world.

It's fascinating, especially when you get people like Ahmed throwing plates :yes:

Wow... You actually get to see a grown adult acting like a spoilt toddler? How fascinating.

I still don't get why it's so fantastic.
  • Options

I really would like to know what's so fascinating about it tho. It's people in a house! Look around you, it's exactly the same and you don't have to watch the telly for it!

What programmes do you watch ? What music do you listen to ? What foods do you like ? Where is you most favourite place in the whole world ? What do you wanna be when you grow up ?

I bet I dont like half of what your replies are, so because people like myself watch Big Brother dont make out we are pathetic ok. People have different tastes you know so dont put me down because you dont like my taste in TV programmes.

Thank you.
  • Options
    What programmes do you watch ? What music do you listen to ? What foods do you like ? Where is you most favourite place in the whole world ? What do you wanna be when you grow up ?

I bet I dont like half of what your replies are, so because people like myself watch Big Brother dont make out we are pathetic ok. People have different tastes you know so dont put me down because you dont like my taste in TV programmes.

Thank you.

The thing is, if it was cheap tasteful television I wouldn't mind. However, if a programme attempts to create circumstances to encourage people to fight or have sex, that's rather tasteless and inappropriate. I note that many children follow Big Brother, so I don't really think that it should be the example set to the next generation.
  • Options

Thank you.
    well said girl.
    i love tom waits music ...most people i know cannot for the life of them get their heads round it at all ...does it bovver me ...i don't fink so.
  • Options
    I still don't get why it's so fantastic.

My main reasons this year:

Dan
    Stuart :heart:
  • Options
    My main reasons this year:

Dan
    Stuart :heart:

Who?
  • Options
    *sigh*

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother

It'll probably be on there.
  • Options
    I note that many children follow Big Brother, so I don't really think that it should be the example set to the next generation.

Says you.......Mr Knowitfookinall :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Says you.......Mr Knowitfookinall :rolleyes:

Come on, be realistic here.

How much research has gone into showing that children mimic what they see on television, films and video games?

As a mother, do you really want your children growing up and having tons of fights with people because it was on Big Brother so they see it as alright?