Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

This is how caring and compassionate hunting people are

Cuntingside Alliance supporters dump dead animals outside Labour conference

0,,150699,00.jpg

I hope that bunch of bullying, threatening fucking cunts die a most horrible death
:mad:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Bastards. :mad:

This is definitely not going to aid their cause at all.
  • Options
    Well, it's true, there will be. Though I'm not sure that the methods are entirly appropriate. Remember though Aladdin, you need to show some consistency, you can't say that a civilised country doesn't have the death penalty, and then wish that on another person trying to defend their point of view.
  • Options
    I'm not saying they should be executed.

I'm saying I wish they'd die.

Though as usual you're missing the point. Care to comment about this little 'stunt'?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    Well, it's true, there will be. Though I'm not sure that the methods are entirly appropriate. Remember though Aladdin, you need to show some consistency, you can't say that a civilised country doesn't have the death penalty, and then wish that on another person trying to defend their point of view.

I guess if a civilised country doesn't have the death penalty, this means we weren't civilised until 1999...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    I'm not saying they should be executed.

I'm saying I wish they'd die.

Though as usual you're missing the point. Care to comment about this little 'stunt'?

I said I didn't think it was entirely appropriate, even though it's true.
  • Options
    That is fucked up, those people are deft sick, cruel, I really hope hunting is banned now.
  • Options
    Sick, maybe, cruel no, the horse is already dead, it's not like they killed it to make a point. Banning hunting on the actions of a small group is an emotional knee-jerk reaction.
  • Options
    Sick, maybe, cruel no, the horse is already dead, it's not like they killed it to make a point. Banning hunting on the actions of a small group is an emotional knee-jerk reaction.

It is cruel due to the implications, if that was a human being it wouldn't matter if they were already dead or not, it is cruel to use their body in that way.

And I agree this is probably a small, extreme wing of the pro-hunting group, and we shouldn't ban hunting just due to their actions, but i still think it should be banned in general.
  • Options
    I wouldn't put it past them that they didn't kill the horse just for the occasion to be honest. It's not as if hunting people ever gave a shit about the welfare of animals...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    I wouldn't put it past them that they didn't kill the horse just for the occasion to be honest. It's not as if hunting people ever gave a shit about the welfare of animals...

Hunters tend to really like their horses. More to the point, you can prove it, so you shouldn't really say it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by dolly dagger
    It is cruel due to the implications, if that was a human being it wouldn't matter if they were already dead or not, it is cruel to use their body in that way.

And I agree this is probably a small, extreme wing of the pro-hunting group, and we shouldn't ban hunting just due to their actions, but i still think it should be banned in general.

I agree to an extend, I'd be pissed if I came across a dead horse this way. I'm sure that people use dead humans to make a political point, though a reasonable example escapes me. It's a sign of desperation.
  • Options
    It certainly is a sign of desperation because the ban is coming and it appears there is nothing they will be able to do about it.

Their protests are getting them in the news, but it doesnt appear to be turning public opinion in their favour and this certainly wont help.
  • Options
    well from what I hear they are going to continue hunting, so what will be the implications for the people that continue to do so?
  • Options
    horses die, like everything...

i don't see what dumping a horse corpse in the street and sticking a protest board out if it is trying to get at.

are they trying to say that if hunting gets banned they'll kill the horses?
  • Options
    It will be a criminal offense, though I have no idea what the punishment will be. It will be extremely difficult to police it though, even if they did catch the hunt in the act, how're they going to get 50 dogs 20 horses and 20 people into a police van?
  • Options
    Originally posted by big_man_with_a_
    are they trying to say that if hunting gets banned they'll kill the horses?

Theoretically they'd have to because they can't afford to keep them.
  • Options
    No I think it boils down to the fact that farmers are not allowed to bury there dead animals on there own land. Or maybe I am missing the point?
  • Options
    They are supposed to register the deaths and have large animals carted off. Though I'm not familiar with all the ins and outs.
  • Options

so fox hunting brings in shitloads of cash?

fox pelts going for thousands on the black market?

i think not.
  • Options
    I didn't say it brought in shit loads. But if you've got nothing to do with your horse, why keep it? People also hire out horses on hunt days.
  • Options
    so how often are these hunts then? i can hardly believe they only keep the horses for this...
  • Options
    I'm honestly not sure. But something as simple as a regular hire for a hunt can make the difference between keeping a horse, and letting it go. Vet bills can be expensive.
  • Options
    so nobody buys horses nowadays? especially posh, well kept ones?

hard to believe.
  • Options
    I'm honestly not sure. But something as simple as a regular hire for a hunt can make the difference between keeping a horse, and letting it go. Vet bills can be expensive.

That is a sad consequence of banning fox hunting, i didn't think of that element, I am still for a ban, but i hope the gov hope sure the horses are found homes, if they are healthy and able-bodied.
  • Options
    Well the point is that homes really are hard to find for horses. Don't forget there are hundreds of dogs as well. While there will be some homes found many of those dogs will be considered dangerous and only to be handled by an experienced trainer, many will have to be put down.
  • Options
    A basic question which I should know the answer for is, does the farmer pay for each fox killed?

If not, how does the hunt make money?
  • Options
    a lot of farmers are pissed off that the hunt marauds across their land without permission.

how are they getting money to keep horses and dogs in the first place?
  • Options
    Well, it's true, there will be

Really? Why? And why do they care anyway? They have no problem killing other animals.
    I smell the whiff of utter hypocrisy.
  • Options

What a bullshit argument.
  • Options
    IBut if you've got nothing to do with your horse, why keep it?

So they're not really bothered about their animals then? Fucking hypocrites. :mad: