Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve!

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    Read my post above this then kiss my ass.

No thanks, that wouldn't be natural.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Madgal99
    So now we're comparing paedophilia with homosexuality, that's ridiculous.

I was gonna write "And before anyone starts, no, I'm not comparing paedophillia to homosexuality" but then I thought 'Nah, noone's stupid enough to make that mistake'.
    There's a big difference between opinion and fact as well.

Kinda stating my point now, aintcha?
  • Options
    madgal, maybe its because i have a hangover and a comedown but please get a brain and read posts before you say silly things
  • Options
    No thanks, that wouldn't be natural.

Why? I'm not a girl!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

:lol: good one
  • Options

I didn't say you were. To kiss your rear end wouldn't be natural to me. :rolleyes:
    I was gonna write "And before anyone starts, no, I'm not comparing paedophillia to homosexuality" but then I thought 'Nah, noone's stupid enough to make that mistake'.

Oh well, guess I'm stupid.
  • Options
    I didn't say you were. To kiss your rear end wouldn't be natural to me. :rolleyes:

:banghead:
  • Options
    :banghead:

What's wrong?
  • Options
    you're sort of digging a hole for yourself there madgal
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    you're sort of digging a hole for yourself there madgal

Am I? Better dig faster.
  • Options
    Am I? Better dig faster.

soon it'll be too deep and you'll not get out, if iwas you i'd read this whole thread again in a sensible manner, take in what every sentence means, then make a post and admit you have said some stupid things.
  • Options
    These arguements go round and round in circles, but I feel that i need to interject a comment about how Christians should behave, not how they necessarily do, but how the bible says they should.

Right, first thing is that any christian resorting to the "it's adam and eve, not adam and steve" hasn't studied their bible and has no right to preach on why homosexuality is or is not wrong, they're repeating bollocks.

Second thing, whether homosexuality is right or wrong, whole arguement totally aside, no christian, should ever judge a person by their sin. All sin is equal, saying "jesus christ" cos you stubbed your toe is as bad as murder, there is no sliding chart, you've sinned, that's it, you need to repent. Christians should always react with love toward a person, no matter who that person is. With openness and grace, not with condemnation for their actions.

That's what I've got to say, some christians will tell me to fuck off and die, but really I don't care about what they think of me.
  • Options
    soon it'll be too deep and you'll not get out, if iwas you i'd read this whole thread again in a sensible manner, take in what every sentence means, then make a post and admit you have said some stupid things.

lol. Nah, that might be the sensible thing to do, when did I ever claim to be sensible?

Besides, at this moment in time, I don't see that what I've said is stupid.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    These arguements go round and round in circles, but I feel that i need to interject a comment about how Christians should behave, not how they necessarily do, but how the bible says they should.

Right, first thing is that any christian resorting to the "it's adam and eve, not adam and steve" hasn't studied their bible and has no right to preach on why homosexuality is or is not wrong, they're repeating bollocks.

Second thing, whether homosexuality is right or wrong, whole arguement totally aside, no christian, should ever judge a person by their sin. All sin is equal, saying "jesus christ" cos you stubbed your toe is as bad as murder, there is no sliding chart, you've sinned, that's it, you need to repent. Christians should always react with love toward a person, no matter who that person is. With openness and grace, not with condemnation for their actions.

That's what I've got to say, some christians will tell me to fuck off and die, but really I don't care about what they think of me.

Any sin is meant to be a terrible thing but if you repent then you're fine, it just doesn't wash with me.
  • Options

Besides, at this moment in time, I don't see that what I've said is stupid.

you haven't said nothin like DUH DUH stupid but you clearly haven't thought before you've made some posts, sorry for being a dick, i'm not in the best of moods but i will improve :)
  • Options
    I know exactly what you meant. And yeah, to them it feels natural.

...But it isn't.

Same sex 'relations' have been observed in other species.

So it is 'natural', to a degree.

Next you'd be saying homosexuality is a 'choice'. :yeees:
  • Options
    Any sin is meant to be a terrible thing but if you repent then you're fine, it just doesn't wash with me.

That's fine, I'm not trying to argue the case for redemption, only that my above post should be the way for christians to behave. It's a whole What Would Jesus Do, I'm not seeing Him ever condeming anyone for the things they do, He never did, not one person, the worst scum He hung out with, and not a word of 'you're going to hell' to be found.
  • Options
    What, so in your opinion gay people can have each others babies?

5 year old kids can't have babies either. and I'm sure paedophillia seems perfectly natural to paedophilles... but it doesn't mean it is.

I hate all this wannabe PC shite where if people disagree there's always someone who goes "But that's just your opinion!". Aye, and in my opinion 2 + 2 = 4. You might have a different opinion on this kind of obscure mathematical problem, but you'd still be wrong.

I didn't say that at all. I said in my opinion being gay is natural.

Paedophiles probably believe what they're doing is natural, in their eyes, it's probably not doing anything wrong. But paedophilia is illegal, homosexuality isn't, so therefore in the eyes of the law there's nothing wrong with it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by chaos_insomniac

Paedophiles probably believe what they're doing is natural, in their eyes, it's probably not doing anything wrong. But paedophilia is illegal, homosexuality isn't, so therefore in the eyes of the law there's nothing wrong with it.

Homosexuality is also between two consenting adults, whereas paedophilia is an assault on someone without the same mental capacity, ability, or legality to consent.
  • Options

committing a sin and just saying sorry is stupid but if you truly repent and make a connection with God (i'm saying this from a christain not personal point of view) then you will be forgiven, does it not seem obvious that some christains deliberately sin so they can repent and pray and all that holy stuff just to make a point to someone, christianity can be a good thing but its just so abused and hung up on externals that its all a load of SHIT.
  • Options
    That's fine, I'm not trying to argue the case for redemption, only that my above post should be the way for christians to behave. It's a whole What Would Jesus Do, I'm not seeing Him ever condeming anyone for the things they do, He never did, not one person, the worst scum He hung out with, and not a word of 'you're going to hell' to be found.

Again, forgive me for being dense but I take it you're a christian?
  • Options
    Again, forgive me for being dense but I take it you're a christian?

yes, that ok is it?
  • Options
    well done chaos_insomniac you speak complete sense
  • Options
    committing a sin and just saying sorry is stupid but if you truly repent and make a connection with God (i'm saying this from a christain not personal point of view) then you will be forgiven, does it not seem obvious that some christains deliberately sin so they can repent and pray and all that holy stuff just to make a point to someone, christianity can be a good thing but its just so abused and hung up on externals that its all a load of SHIT.

How can you 'make a connection' with God? I find it all very hard to believe or comprehend. Why not just be 'good' to start with then you wouldn't have to repent? :lol:
  • Options
    yes, that ok is it?

:eek2: Why wouldn't it be?!
  • Options
    Originally posted by chaos_insomniac

It's not though.

The natural state is one which preserves and continues the species.

The law makes no judgement over the naturalness of a thing though. Homosexuality having the "approval" of the law makes it no more a natural thing than any illegal act, e.g. beastiality.
  • Options
    How can you 'make a connection' with God? I find it all very hard to believe or comprehend. Why not just be 'good' to start with then you wouldn't have to repent? :lol:

Well, you'd think just being good would be the obvious answer.

Just as I side I don't really want to get into this now.

The point is that no-one can do everything that the bible tells us to do 100% of the time. Except for christ, which is why he was able to sacrifice himself. I can admit that I don't behave the way I should, that doesn't mean that by societies value I'm a bad person, I'm just not good enough yet.

I don't think I can explain how having a connection with God works to someone who clearly has no idea how it works. Sorry.

But it does make perfect sense to me, not that it's easy, or that I'm ignorant or stupid. It just all slots into place for me.
  • Options
    :eek2: Why wouldn't it be?!

sorry, funny mood.
  • Options
    Well, you'd think just being good would be the obvious answer.

Just as I side I don't really want to get into this now.

The point is that no-one can do everything that the bible tells us to do 100% of the time. Except for christ, which is why he was able to sacrifice himself. I can admit that I don't behave the way I should, that doesn't mean that by societies value I'm a bad person, I'm just not good enough yet.

I don't think I can explain how having a connection with God works to someone who clearly has no idea how it works. Sorry.

But it does make perfect sense to me, not that it's easy, or that I'm ignorant or stupid. It just all slots into place for me.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to understand, I have no problem with religion, apart from the extremists, then it's a different story. I've just never been able to believe the whole 'God' thing. It would be a bit like still believing in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy. Sorry if anyone didn't know ;)
  • Options

:rolleyes: here's a short rundown on christianity, God said that everybody is born with original sin, therefore, everyone will commit sins, its a part of humanity, this of course is a christain point of view, i was talking about a christain point of view in my original post, something i made clear in that post, therefore, if you sin, which will always happen and you make a connection with god in repenting then you will be forgiven, ok now.