Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was having a conversation with this guy I work with and we got onto the subject of homosexuality, he said he didn't personally agree with it because it wasn't natural "It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve!" I disagree strongly.

What I wondered was, does anyone actually believe that Eve was made from one of Adam's ribs? :eek2:

I asked the same guy this question and he said that Genesis was a poem made for people so they'd understand, I have no idea what he meant by this and didn't have time to ask him. Does anyone have any idea what the hell he's going on about?

Pointless thread I know but I'm bored.

Comments

• Options
    Re: Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve!
    Originally posted by Madgal99
    I was having a conversation with this guy I work with and we got onto the subject of homosexuality, he said he didn't personally agree with it because it wasn't natural "It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve!" I disagree strongly.

What I wondered was, does anyone actually believe that Eve was made from one of Adam's ribs? :eek2:

I asked the same guy this question and he said that Genesis was a poem made for people so they'd understand, I have no idea what he meant by this and didn't have time to ask him. Does anyone have any idea what the hell he's going on about?

Pointless thread I know but I'm bored.

I don't believe in the Bible. I dont believe Adam or Eve ever existed, well not as the first people made by God anyway, evolution prooved that wrong.

As far as it being a poem is concerned, it sounds like a cover up for the fact that the Bible is wrong :p
  • Options
    Re: Re: Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve!
    Originally posted by chaos_insomniac
    I don't believe in the Bible. I dont believe Adam or Eve ever existed, well not as the first people made by God anyway, evolution prooved that wrong.

As far as it being a poem is concerned, it sounds like a cover up for the fact that the Bible is wrong :p

I thought so too. I remember now why he said it was a poem, I said that the Bible contradicts itself all the time and that was his answer, didn't really make sense.
  • Options
    Right you.

Homosexuality doesn't bother me, but the fact is it isn't natural. If everyone on the planet was gay, any future generations would be slightly fucked.

Also, anyone that actually believes the whole story of Adam and Eve is already gullible enough to believe Eve was made from Adams rib.

The poem thing was pretty self-explanitory too :/
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    Right you.

Homosexuality doesn't bother me, but the fact is it isn't natural. If everyone on the planet was gay, any future generations would be slightly fucked.

Also, anyone that actually believes the whole story of Adam and Eve is already gullible enough to believe Eve was made from Adams rib.

The poem thing was pretty self-explanitory too :/

How was it self explanitory, forgive me for being dense but I still don't know what he meant.

You may think it isn't natural but to some people it is.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve!

The evolution theory, is still a... erm, theory. And not a fact.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve!
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper

yea but it's almost certainly true

anyone every consider the possibility that the Bible is one huge metaphor for life, sort of like a journey from beginning to end, i can't explain it now but i did once when i was off my head on drugs, maybe i will some friday night/saturday morning.
  • Options

You consider that a bad thing? The earth is fucked as it is...

But haven't they dug up fossils from various stages of human evolution, thus proving it exists?
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve!
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper

All we can say is that the evolutionary theory is alot more realistic and has some evidence to support it..... the bit about eve being made from adams rib is craazzzy
  • Options
    How was it self explanitory, forgive me for being dense but I still don't know what he meant.

The people of the time needed the creation of man relayed to them in a way they'd understand - ie, a poem.

Not that I believe any of it, mind.
    You may think it isn't natural but to some people it is.

No, it's not. I explained why. Unless the 'some people' you're refering to are some new kind of gay man that can give birth, mind.
  • Options

No, it's not. I explained why. Unless the 'some people' you're refering to are some new kind of gay man that can give birth, mind. [/B]

No, I didn't mean it like that, to them it feels natural, just like to heterosexuals, that feels natural etc. Sakes. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    You consider that a bad thing?

Fucking right it is. I'm too good looking for my looks to be wasted and not passed on to my kids.
  • Options
    No, I didn't mean it like that, to them it feels natural, just like to heterosexuals, that feels natural etc. Sakes. :rolleyes:

:yes:

It's natural for me. Just because I like men don't mean I am "unnatural".
  • Options
    :yes:

It's natural for me. Just because I like men don't mean I am "unnatural".

Precisely.
  • Options

I know exactly what you meant. And yeah, to them it feels natural.

...But it isn't.
  • Options

...But it isn't.

Why isn't it natural, because it's not the 'norm' or because "men and women were made to fit together and make babies" :yeees:
  • Options
    Why isn't it natural, because "men and women were made to fit together and make babies" :yeees:

Uhh... that's pretty much exactly why.
  • Options
    Because natural = nature = sex to reproduce, not for pleasure.
  • Options

...But it isn't.

:yes: i don't mind homosexuality at all but women don't have a womb and men don't have a penis for no reason, it's natural for a man and women to procreate, it's not unnatural for two sexes to have sex but it isn't exactly right is it.
  • Options
    Uhh... that's pretty much exactly why.

Fair enough.
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    :yes: i don't mind homosexuality at all but women don't have a womb and men don't have a penis for no reason, it's natural for a man and women to procreate, it's not unnatural for two sexes to have sex but it isn't exactly right is it.

So now it's not right? Ok then, why is it wrong?
  • Options
    Fair enough. Depends what your definition of natural is really.

WTF!? It doesn't depend on that at all. It's not natural - fact.
  • Options

Not fact. In your opinion. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    So now it's not right? Ok then, why is it wrong?

read the post again, i hate it when people jump to conclusions, where did i say it was wrong, it just said it wasn't exactly right, as in, it's ok to have sex with the same sex but it's not exactly natural as life doesn't come from it and the whole basis to human existence is to carry on and procreate, happy now :)
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve!
    Originally posted by crazy_guy
    All we can say is that the evolutionary theory is alot more realistic and has some evidence to support it..... the bit about eve being made from adams rib is craazzzy

As said the bible is more of a metaphor... Thing is, I believe to hold a lot more truth to it, than people will care to admit.
    Many of the things stated, are things which have only been proved at the 20th century.
    Look at the order of the days of the creation, and compare it to the evolution theory. Same order. Then look at how many thousands of years later, the evolution theory came up.

The Bible I believe is basically a digestive way to explain human beings what went on.
  • Options

We're all entitled to an opinion. If yours is that it's unnatural then like I said, fair enough.
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    read the post again, i hate it when people jump to conclusions, where did i say it was wrong, it just said it wasn't exactly right, as in, it's ok to have sex with the same sex but it's not exactly natural as life doesn't come from it and the whole basis to human existence is to carry on and procreate, happy now :)

Ecstatic.

You actually said - "it's natural for a man and women to procreate, it's not unnatural for two sexes to have sex but it isn't exactly right is it."
  • Options
    Not fact. In your opinion. :rolleyes:

What, so in your opinion gay people can have each others babies?

5 year old kids can't have babies either. and I'm sure paedophillia seems perfectly natural to paedophilles... but it doesn't mean it is.

I hate all this wannabe PC shite where if people disagree there's always someone who goes "But that's just your opinion!". Aye, and in my opinion 2 + 2 = 4. You might have a different opinion on this kind of obscure mathematical problem, but you'd still be wrong.
  • Options
    we are all born with feeling and its not there fault if they are born with feelings towards the same sex. i really dont see why people dislike homosexuals so much - it isnt a catchable diesase
  • Options
    What, so in your opinion gay people can have each others babies?

5 year old kids can't have babies either. and I'm sure paedophillia seems perfectly natural to paedophilles... but it doesn't mean it is.

I hate all this wannabe PC shite where if people disagree there's always someone who goes "But that's just your opinion!". Aye, and in my opinion 2 + 2 = 4. You might have a different opinion on this kind of obscure mathematical problem, but you'd still be wrong.

So now we're comparing paedophilia with homosexuality, that's ridiculous.

There's a big difference between opinion and fact as well.
  • Options
    We're all entitled to an opinion. If yours is that it's unnatural then like I said, fair enough.

Read my post above this then kiss my ass.