Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Is Israel about to attack Iran?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Oh and nearly forgot - wasn't Tibet after the Korean war?
  • Options
    No, your assumption was that "if they use them again, it'll be justified".
  • Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    if they use them again it will be justified.

Do you know what nukes do? It's not justified, it's, as matadore said, the lesser of two evils, always. That's as good as it's ever going to get. The truly scary thing is that if we really knew how to release the power inside a nuclear weapon it would have an affect like nothing else ever seen. If you think that the explosions caused by the current bomb are big, you havn't seen anything yet.
  • Options
    you claim you have studied it but never high light it?

I have studied it, it's not something I think is relevant. Why don't you start a thread on it, and we'll see where we go.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jim V
    Oh and nearly forgot - wasn't Tibet after the Korean war?

yes, thank you, was having some serious issues finding a time line on china's military activity.
  • Options
    if it was up to me no one would have them...

i am just fed up with you guys always high lighting the states... look else where you claim to know everything about china so what about their WMD and North Koera, India, pakistan etc

We know about the US like. Korea and China are the most secretive nations on earth everything we have on them is patchy or a decade old.

India and Pakistan, like you said, are nice peacful nations now, we'll just have to wait for the peace to collapse before we can realy discuss them.
  • Options
    i am just fed up with you guys always high lighting the states...

Its because those on the left do not see the bigger strategic and tactical picture, they focus on small issues which are of no real importance. With the US, its also a case of 'damned if you do, damned if you dont'.
  • Options
    That is the biggest piece of opiniated tripe ive ever read. If anything the Left spends more time attempting to show the small brained militant Right the long range repercussions of its myopic and simplistic foreign policy agendas to no avail. The sort of surface spin you yourself regurgitate constantly Mat only shows how simplistic a worldview of might makes right the Right all too willingly subscribes to and for which we are returned decade after decade to the same interminable messes in the foreign Policy arena.

It isnt the Left which learns nothing from history and continues to sell arms hand over fist to any nutcase right wing insurgency or unstable government it can get to cough up the finances (which should be spent on their people and their economic development).
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Matadore
    Its because those on the left do not see the bigger strategic and tactical picture
    That being the US government has had an overtly imperialistic, selfish agenda of total power, dominance and control over all other nations on earth, and has been more than happy to use force to achieve this
    they focus on small issues which are of no real importance.
    Such as millions of people being raped, tortured and killed by brutal subhuman fascist monsters? A small price to pay to stop the spread of communism, right?
  • Options
    Stop talking rubbish.
  • Options
    well then isn;t china more dangerous as it is a very secret country? at last the uSA tells us everything there is no porperganda, if there was the trth would finally come out eventually.

No china is not more dangerous because it's a secretive country. Countries have secrets, it's the way it is. The USA does not tell us, being the public everything, it doesn't tell the government everything. Nearly every public statement to come out of every government can be classed as propaganda, because they are trying to make themselves look good.

Incidentally, don't bracket me, and this is directed at everyone, as left wing. I'm not.
  • Options
    wen you have th likes of michael moore though all secrets are told yeah?

What are you talking about now? Who brought michael moore into anything?! WTF has that got to do with anything?
  • Options
    am i know?

yes, you often are.
  • Options
    do you agree that china has many more secrets than the united states?

No, I don't, the point about secrets is that you don't know about them.
  • Options
    same about you

Mature and well thought out response as always lukesh.
  • Options
    As someone who is proud to be considered Left Wing and whom has spent his entire professional life in the foreign policy arena I can confirm firsthand that the Left has far more insight into the inevitable repercussions of a militant foreign policy doctrine than the Right has ever shown any willingness to acknowledge.

The Right is so long in bed with the profiteering and utterly unethical MIC that its only interest is to maintain the status quo of short term profiteering rather than acknowledge the repeatedly demonstrated failures of its militancy and use its brains to craft a constructive and humanocentric foreign policy that seeks to bring real development and opportunity to the world.

Such a policy change would, in the eyes of the Right, threaten the global hegemony of our multinational corporate giants whom they serve slavishly.
  • Options
    so what is this about north koera being the most secreative in the world. :confused:

It is widely considered to be the most secretive in the world.

Read this

Incidentally, it's spelt 'Hypocrite' if you are going to try and insult somene, you can at least spell it right.
  • Options
    your contridcting your self yet again can;t you remember what you said in the other thread?

That's is the most secretive in the world? Where is the contradiction?

And saying 'yet again' is hardly accurate, only once has a conflicting opinion been brought up before, and even then it was only slight.
  • Options
    Such as millions of people being raped, tortured and killed by brutal subhuman fascist monsters?

Overstatement. When compared with Communist dictators, facist ones seem angels by comparison.

Something to the tune of 90 million people have died directly because of Marxism-Leninism-Stalinism-Maoism.
  • Options
    Overstatement. When compared with Communist dictators, facist ones seem angels by comparison.

Something to the tune of 90 million people have died directly because of Marxism-Leninism-Stalinism-Maoism.

It's obvious that there are going to be both left and right wing supporters and sympathisers here.

To be fair there is no way you can consider the governments in the USSR or China to be genuinly left wing. Not to say you havn't got a point. But this is going to turn into a left Vs right arguement and really deflect the debate.
  • Options

Only the bombing of the immense majority of those 21 countries had absolutely fuck all to do with the spread of "Marxism-Leninism-Stalinism-Maoism".

Scare mongering bullshit to justify imperialistic crusades and geopolitical world dominance.

I know some folk in deepest Redneck America don't know any better but I'd had thought you Matadore, who has the benefit of living in Britain and can look at the whole issue from the outside, would not fall for such bollocks.
  • Options
    so what is this about north koera being the most secreative in the world. :confused:

North Korea is a secretive nation because it is almost impossible to get information either into or out of the country. It has every right to be secretive.

The United States is not any less secretive, luke. Go and look at the reports of inquiries, with half the words blacked out by the Bush administration because of "security issues".

No administration of any nation can be trusted. This, again, all comes down to the intrinisically anarchistic nature of International Relations. The United States will do what is best for its own socio-economic interests, so will Israel, so will Iran, so will Burkino Faso. There are no considerations of moral or humanitarian concerns, morals are largely an irrelevance in International Relations- the USSR invaded Afghanistan for its own realpolitik reasons, and the US invaded Afghanistan for its own realpolitik reasons. The political colour of the occupier is an irrelevance.
  • Options
    Iran in the news today, story here, people have been arrested for 'spying'
  • Options
    Only the bombing of the immense majority of those 21 countries had absolutely fuck all to do with the spread of "Marxism-Leninism-Stalinism-Maoism".

Wrong, do some reading, do some research. Do not confine your views to left wing pamphlets or newspapers. I recommend 'Vietnam: The Necessary War' by Michael Lind for starters.
    Scare mongering bullshit to justify imperialistic crusades and geopolitical world dominance.

Nope, 50-90 million have died because of the Marxism you so cherish. Does it make you feel proud?
    who has the benefit of living in Britain and can look at the whole issue from the outside, would not fall for such bollocks.

What bollocks? The only bollocks here is you denying the fact that Communism has caused more death than any other political phiolsophy.
    the USSR or China to be genuinly left wing.

Excuse me? Collectives? Kolkose? May Day parades? Class warfare?
  • Options
    Wrong, do some reading, do some research. Do not confine your views to left wing pamphlets or newspapers. I recommend 'Vietnam: The Necessary War' by Michael Lind for starters.
    Yes, maybe I'll do that. Then I'll followed it by "Why Overthrowing the Democratic Government in Chile and Installing a Torturing, Raping, Murdering Scumbag was Necessary to Fight Evil Communism (Even Though Allende was not Communist)" by Henry Kissinger.

Nope, 50-90 million have died because of the Marxism you so cherish. Does it make you feel proud?.
    Only 90 million? I thought it was at least 3 bn people plus the extinction of the dinosaurs.

Would you care proving your statement that I cherish Marxism?

What bollocks? The only bollocks here is you denying the fact that Communism has caused more death than any other political phiolsophy.
    Which has nothing to do with the fact that the US hasn't been bombing countries off right centre to protect the planet from 1,000 years of Global Communism Tyranny, as you absurdly claim.
  • Options
    Aladdin,

You’re proving how scarily out of touch you are with reality by trusting the Iranians with nuclear weapons. To allow the Iranians to have nuclear weapons would be like giving a burglar a set of spare keys.

Iran is run by dangerous Islamic extremists that hate us. I certainly oppose invasion of Iran but I do think Israel would be justified in conducting bombing raids against Iranian nuclear facilities. As Luke said it would save us a job.
  • Options
    The US is currently run by a dangerous extremist who claims God talks to him and dictates his foreign policy, and who has been responsible, together with his predecessors, for more illegal wars, bombings, interferences and invasions than any other government in recent history. Whichever way you look at it the US is an infinitely more dangerous prospect as a nuclear nation than Iran will ever be.

The argument that all those evil Arab countries want to get the bomb to nuke Israel (thus guaranteeing their own destruction and the deaths of hundreds of millions of Arabs and Muslims across the Middle East) doesn't wash I'm afraid.
  • Options
    aladdin won't be happy until Israel doesn't exist.

Don't put words in other's mouth. That goes for you as well Disillusioned no-one has said they'd trust the iranians with nuclear weapons.
  • Options
    aladdin won't be happy until Israel doesn't exist.
    Fuck off you moron.
  • Options
    true though eh?

Do grow up Luke. It's clearly not true.