Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Mother "Has Sex" With Son...

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Fiend_85
    Bare in mind that the reason such relationships are illegal, is because of the risks of genetic diseases and deformaties being passed onto potential children/younger siblings.

It is actually because of the "moral" aspect, something which was also present in the illegality of homosexuality.

If mother and son made the rational free choice to have sex with each other, and they are of the legal age to make such a decision, then that decision is of no concern of anyone other than themselves.

Does it affect you? No.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    It is actually because of the "moral" aspect, something which was also present in the illegality of homosexuality.

If mother and son made the rational free choice to have sex with each other, and they are of the legal age to make such a decision, then that decision is of no concern of anyone other than themselves.

Does it affect you? No.

Actually, it became moral, because many religions realised the problems these relationships were causing and thought they were signs of 'sin' from God.

It doesn't affect me, it shocks me because whether I like it or not, some of my opinions are formed by society (though I have the choice and often do change them), and I also am aware of how genetics work and how the risks are increased by this sort of action,
  • Options
    The trouble with the genetics argument is that it is not illegal for disabled people to have sex. And the disabled are more likely to pass on "deformed" genes than incestuous people are.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaptin pikarrrd
    But what if no offspring are created as a result? That causes no harm!

It does if they come out looking like a pink version of Swamp Thing.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    The trouble with the genetics argument is that it is not illegal for disabled people to have sex. And the disabled are more likely to pass on "deformed" genes than incestuous people are.

Assuming that a person with a disability does not have sex with another person with the SAME disabiltity it does not contain the same risks to the child. Most genetic deformities are caused by recessive genes, and for them to take effect there need to be two of them. It is much more likely for members of the same family to be carrying the same recessive gene than for other non-related people, disability or not.
  • Options
    Also, it is not always the case that incestuous sex is between two concenting adults. As discussed on a previous thread, sex within a family may be because a paedophillic parent or older sibling has someone and somewhere 'safe' to practice their desires, that doesn't mean that the other party involve has consented or enjoys the event.
  • Options
    Actually just a quickie

What's with the speech marks, did this mother have sex with her son or not?!
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaptin pikarrrd
    Incest should be legal!

So what if parents and children have sex? That doesn't necessarily harm others NEITHER DOES IT VIOLATE RIGHTS!!
    You'll be demanding that Morris dancing be legalised next :mad:
  • Options
    It already is legal!:cool: ;)