Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

what do u call a paki in a rubish bin?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited due to content

Comments

• Options
    That's not a good joke, that's a racist joke.

Arse.
  • Options
    why? cause i said paki and that means i cam racist? where did i say it was a good joke.
  • Options
    Originally posted by daz jones
    why? cause i said paki and that means i cam racist? where did i say it was a good joke.
    i'm all for paddy jock paki queer... women ...men ...disabled etc jokes ...within reason of course.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    i'm all for paddy jock paki queer... women ...men ...disabled etc jokes ...within reason of course.

Yeh....and I didn't think that was within reason.
  • Options

Yes!

If you dont remove it mods will anyway.
  • Options
    yeah longs they are not damn right nasty. you dont hear many people complain about english, irish, scotsman jokes, or german jokes do you?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tweety
    Yes!

Good to know it's not just me....

And yes you do, so shut up.

Reject.
  • Options
    why is the term paki racist? if someone calls me a fucking paki i would be offened. when my mates crack a paki joke i laugh with them because i find them funny.

of course fat jokes and jokes about people from other countries are funny because we can laugh at them as a whole. someone says a paki joke and their racist. whoops im must be a racist towards my own ethnic group.
  • Options
    sorry but I found it funy, maybe you should have used the term Asian.

I'm sure if it was a joke about blondes or ginger people you wouldnt be saing this.

If it's meant in jest then it's jest.

I'm sure sure most people would laugh in real life. I suppose we're not in real life though.
  • Options
    i'm a 'paki' as you put it and i find that downright offensive. why do you feel the need to put up racist jokes?

and yes, i think jokes against any race or colour are offensive. idiot.:impissed:

and Mr Roll, how was that within reason? What was the reason he posted it?
  • Options
    I've heard the odd paki joke, and rather than being a humourous windup of a friendly neighbour (ie: irish scots welsh) they seem to be targetted at ethnicities in an offensive manner. Don't think the mods would let it fly...
  • Options
    Iiwas making ajoke not trolling u cock.
  • Options
    where did i say it was a good joke.
    lol... do you know any good jokes.

indirectly you stated it.

either way though it wasn't funny. and a joke isn't a joke unless its funny and i didn't even consider any type of facial expression after reading that one.
  • Options
    Racist or not, it was a shite joke. Or perhaps I just don't get it.

I still don't get this whole "insulting your own kind" thingy. I have never called any one a "******/nigga/whatever". Making jokes is fair enough, I find it quite easy to laugh at myself, but why use stupid, offensive words?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Naz
    i'm a 'paki' as you put it and i find that downright offensive. why do you feel the need to put up racist jokes?

and yes, i think jokes against any race or colour are offensive. idiot.:impissed:

and Mr Roll, how was that within reason? What was the reason he posted it?
    well i have to disagree.
    i'm an english man living in a part of wales that is quite hostile to us english invaders ...the english jokes in the pub are relentless!
    the politics are often nasty ...the english here are reffered to by the welsh nationilsts as being no more welcome than foot and mouth ...the english should be wiped out. thats not the jokes thats a very serious side to some of the politics round here.
    i live in the rural farming comunity where few english people are welcome ...do you hear me complaining and whining? no.
    get on with life instead of falling for all this politicaly incorrect fucking rubbish.
    when we are told what we can and cannot laugh at it's gone beyond a joke.
    what was so insulting ...the joke was name based.
    is paki when used in a joke ...any worse than jap ...yank ...brit?
    fucking grow up and get real or you just won't survive this harsh world.
  • Options
    I think a joke is a joke, funny or not. I think these so called "paki" jokes aren't 'sposed to be racist as such, but a kind of pun on their names if you know what I mean?

Kinda like the - What do you call a Russian with 3 nuts? Whodyanic Yabollocov.

I think people should stop being so PC about crap. Nobody forced you to look at this thread did they?
  • Options
    well i have to disagree.
    i'm an english man living in a part of wales that is quite hostile to us english invaders ...the english jokes in the pub are relentless!
    the politics are often nasty ...the english here are reffered to by the welsh nationilsts as being no more welcome than foot and mouth ...the english should be wiped out. thats not the jokes thats a very serious side to some of the politics round here.
    i live in the rural farming comunity where few english people are welcome ...do you hear me complaining and whining? no.
    get on with life instead of falling for all this politicaly incorrect fucking rubbish.
    when we are told what we can and cannot laugh at it's gone beyond a joke.
    what was so insulting ...the joke was name based.
    is paki when used in a joke ...any worse than jap ...yank ...brit?
    fucking grow up and get real or you just won't survive this harsh world.

so i should just listen to racist jokes and be happy about them? no sir, i think you'll find I shouldn't have to put up with them when i've done nothing to deserve them. as for 'fucking growing up and getting real' or else I won't survive, i've survived plenty so far thanks.

don't make stupid assumptions about people.
  • Options
    round and round and round and round
  • Options
    ...the garden like a teddy bear.......
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky

I'm sure sure most people would laugh in real life.

Yep, even though I didn't think it was a funny joke.

This is the reason we've got such a "them and us" culture in society these days, and I don't think it's even because black and Asian people are too easily offended, because I don't think that's the case one bit.

On the other hand, that's not to say "targets" of jokes like these have no right to be offended, race relations are still a touchy subject. If that's the case then you're well advised to apologise and not do it again.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Naz
    no sir,

He aint no sir....he's just Rolly :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Felix Da Housecat
    I Kinda like the - What do you call a Russian with 3 nuts? Whodyanic Yabollocov.

no ...that doesn't count in this conversation ...but if you'd said 'ruskie' ...they could all attack you for being racist!
  • Options
    no ...that doesn't count in this conversation ...but if you'd said 'ruskie' ...they could all attack you for being racist!

I don't get why you are whining anyway. I'd rather an Asian person complained than some white, middle-aged, middle-class well-to-doer.
  • Options
    How about Brit does that count?
  • Options
    I don't get why you are whining anyway. I'd rather an Asian person complained than some white, middle-aged, middle-class well-to-doer.

Look at the first two posts posted 2 females. :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    I'd rather an Asian person complained than some white, middle-aged, middle-class well-to-doer.

Yes.

I think most sensible people realise that "racist" joke does not equal deeply racist person.

But as I said, if someone gets offended then it should stop, irrespective of whether they need to lighten up. It's not just to do with racism, it's to do with manners and respect.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    Yep, even though I didn't think it was a funny joke.

This is the reason we've got such a "them and us" culture in society these days, and I don't think it's even because black and Asian people are too easily offended, because I don't think that's the case one bit.

On the other hand, that's not to say "targets" of jokes like these have no right to be offended, race relations are still a touchy subject. If that's the case then you're well advised to apologise and not do it again.
    most of my life was spent in a multi racial area ...a huge part of my life is still there ...will be visiting on monday and all this bollox of pussy footing about was started by stupid but well meaning white guardian readers.
    there is offensive racist stuff ...then there are jokes ...the joke in question happened to be crap but the joke itself is now long forgotten ...cos we's back to accusing and labeling people again.

and DOC ...my job here is to whine and moan ...you wait till you have your own surgery and people my age are coming in one after the other ...you'll hear some bloody whinning then!
  • Options
    naz, do you think stuff like "baa baa black sheep" and "half caste" are racist?
  • Options
    it does get silly ...brit pop ...paki pop?
    that is perfectly natural and acceptable ...but not with some of you modern people who seem to want us all to be afraid of feeling we might have said it wrong ...was that word acceptable ...or did i just say the wrong thing ...it's no wonder theres so much racial tension about. no surprise we are segregating ...when the seventies saw a 'gathering' ...of souls from all over the planet!
    i was involved in the anti nazi league music festival in 1975 in moss side ...one of the best summer saturdays in the hot city of my life!
    we were all freinds ...we were all close ...we are all fucking dismayed by this pc confusion and rightousness.
    if you can't take the piss out of your brother ...then he aint your brother. dead simple realy.
  • Options
    Originally posted by superfly
    "baa baa black sheep"

That, yes. Actually, I find that more offensive than calling someone Paki. But that's 'cause of my stepmum.
    Originally posted by superfly
    "half caste"

That, no. Because it's more of a description...that's how I describe my little baby sister to people. And people generally don't use it nastily.

I have a theory. I feel that something should only be classed as racist if it is meant as an insult. I felt that joke was insulting, which is why I feel it is racist.

Although I may be wrong.