Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Fuck Buddies

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
who here has got a fuck buddie, or use to have one or wants one?
me and my mate was talking the other day about this and we both dont really want a relationship at the moment with anyone so we were talkin about why dont we be fuck buddies at first i thought yea ok, but now sinces i kinda mention it to my best mate and she said people like that are sluts i dunno if i'm so sure on the idea cos i dont wanna be called that.
whats others opinions about this

Comments

• Options
    Do you reckon it's 'sluttish'?

If she does then that's her opinion. As far as I am concerned fuck buddies don't harm anybody else, even though there is the danger that one (or even both!!) parties could fall for the other!!
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    i have had a fuck buddy and it ended in tears tbh. you should only enter a fuck buddy agreement if you both know the terms and conditions and there is no way one will fall for the other. as long as you both know it is for sex only then that is ok.

try doing a search. the topic has come up loads so there may be something of interest to you somewhere :)
  • Options
    You need to talk to him about it before you decide to become 'fuck buddies' - you need to know whether it means he can see other people at the same time. You also need to make sure emotions don't get involved 'cause then it'll probably end in tears.

I've got 2 people wanting that kinda thing with me at the mo', but I just can't do it. It's not for me. However, it is for some people and it doesn't make you a slag.
  • Options
    ive had fuck buddies in the past and its very very hard not to get emotionally involved! make sure if you do then you're both clear of the terms and conditions!! It doesnt make you a slut at all, it isnt like you're sleeping with everyone in your town, is it??
  • Options
    Having a fuck buddy is sluttish really. Regular sex without the commitment and the effort.

But if it's what you want then fine.
  • Options
    It all depends on the person you are. I don't think you should allow others opinions to infiltrate your beliefs- if it's something your comfortable with, then it doesn't make you a slut or anything. My part time fuck buddy is my ex. We started it first just after we broke up- but being still so emotionally exhausted from our break up, it didn't really work, I got too attached to him and him to me, and it meant we couldn't move on. He got into a relationship which ended all thats sort of stuff, but recently it's started up again. I find now that we accept the other has the right to move on as they wish, but as long as we're both keen then sex is fine. Sometimes it leaves me a lil dazed because naturally, with such physical intimacy with someone you do care for, feelings do sorta drip into the occassion. Be careful- I mean if you're happy to fall for each other then fine if feelings should get involved, but if you feel that feelings will intrude, then it might not be for you. :)
  • Options
    the difference between wanking and fuck buddies are, your making someone else happy too, so i wouldnt say it was sluttish, just some way to relieve the tension together
  • Options
    ermm depends..

i had an ermm fuck buddy for abt 6 months but do reckon it all ends in tears, as soon as there was an emotional attachment there youve gotta say stop...

i think the worse bit is one of the partners finds someone who they actually want to be with ie: a new gf, bf... this leaves the other person either on there own and jealous or still sticking around and jealous either way it gets messy..

example of that would be with mine i had been chatting to girl who had been around for a while and that really liked as soon as things starting getting abit more serious between us i didnt really want the 'fuck' buddy and she just got annoyed all the time because i 'wouldnt' when she wanted to becuase i was always thinking abt this other girl and it no longer felt like the right thing to do..

conclusion: fuck buddys are great if thats what you want but if its a short term fix while you wait for the love of your life then forget it... have a wank! will save heartache in the end....
  • Options
    I dont see the problem with fuck buddies. Ive had a few of them.
    Two were with Ex b/f's. One ended in tears the other just ended cos we both just stoped calling each other.
    My last fuck buddie turned into my current bf:D
  • Options
    Ye just talk about it first set up boundaries and stuff-
    Ie: what happens if U kiss someone else is it just for sex and how close is the current rel and is it worth changing/ ruining etc:

Ive had two, one for about 2 years an ex. Good stuff and worth trying
  • Options
    I have but didn't end pretty... well it was a risk to begin with as he was already seeing someone *cringes* Not something I've been proud of.

Ended coz I knew his girlfriend, and me and her had a row and I told her what me and him were doing behind her back. She didn't believe me and so... I aint seen him since.

Tip: Make sure he/she is actually single and is not planning in seeing anyone serious whilst you have planned this little arrangement.
  • Options
    Welllll as for the matter of whether you should or not i have no opinion. I have a FB at the moment and it gets tough some times but then at others its worth it. You just have to weigh up the risks against the benefits really.

and as for the slut thing. I have a theory.......

People have urges which sometimes need to be taken care of. Fair enough people will say 'do it yourself' BUT I know a lot of people who go out and get really drunk and suddenly think its a wonderful idea to go home with a complete random..... and its a different one every weekend. SOOOO would it not make sense that it would be a lot less slutty to just call ur FB when ur drunk and horny and say 'oi you im comin over' !?!

Sigh i dont think i explain properly.... I tried :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lil_one
    Welllll as for the matter of whether you should or not i have no opinion. I have a FB at the moment and it gets tough some times but then at others its worth it. You just have to weigh up the risks against the benefits really.

and as for the slut thing. I have a theory.......

People have urges which sometimes need to be taken care of. Fair enough people will say 'do it yourself' BUT I know a lot of people who go out and get really drunk and suddenly think its a wonderful idea to go home with a complete random..... and its a different one every weekend. SOOOO would it not make sense that it would be a lot less slutty to just call ur FB when ur drunk and horny and say 'oi you im comin over' !?!

Sigh i dont think i explain properly.... I tried :D

Nah I get what you mean... basically it's easier to have sex regularly with that one person -no strings attached- with someone you can trust, rather than just some random guy/girl you meet of the street when you've had one too many. You're actually being more sensible so long as you got your priorites straight with that person and know when it's gone too far.
  • Options
    Re: Fuck Buddies
    Originally posted by Liana
    whats others opinions about this

It's cheaper then a Gym membership and good excercise :D
  • Options
    Didnt half take long enough tho! 2 months of listening to his g/f problems and giving him advice and stuff. Not proud of having to steal him from his girly, but i'm proud he's now my man.
  • Options
    Ive sort of got one at the mo. Its never actually been said what our 'status' is though but hes been seeing other girls and we've never been out on dates or nothing its always just been him coming round mine! Saying that though we do all the cuddley touchy feely crap that u'd do in a relationship!!

So we're sort of unofficial fuck buddies i suppose! Ive got more feelings for him though :( so its really hard when i find out hes been seeing other girls but i know hes alowed so i have to tel myself not to get upset!!

It certainly aint sluttish though so dont worry go for it aslong as you dont let yourself get too involved!
  • Options
    I want a fuck buddy because it sounds like the perfect situation to me - you get the sex etc without all the hassle, moaning, and commitment of a relationship.

Any offers anyone? :naughty::p
  • Options
    I think it only works for people who want cock and fanny action all the time and can't be bothered with romance, trust and love. It only really works if both people are into that. I personally think it's sluttish but then I'm also an old fashioned, old romantic.
  • Options
    Originally posted by HunnyPot
    I think it only works for people who want cock and fanny action all the time and can't be bothered with romance, trust and love.

Which is the point to having a FuckBuddy :yes:

Sluttish? Just coz someone craves for sex rather than romance....

No-no-nooo... a slut is someone who sleeps around with anyone and everyone. When you have a FuckBuddy you rely on them to have safe, uncomplcaited sex.

Nought wrong with that... :D
  • Options
    wow didnt expect so many opinions on this,
    after thinking bout it i might just go for it, i know it could all go bad in the end but that way i will have learned my lesson, at the moment i dont think i would end up with strong feelings for him but dunno what might happen.
    we both want the same thing basically no strings attacted sex but i told him if he sleeps with someone else while we're fuckbuddies i would like to know that way if i feel hurt or anything i'll stop and his agree to do so which is fair enough to me,
    if people wanna call me a slut then oh well aint like i'm sleeping with someone ive just met its someone i'm good friends with and trust
  • Options
    Good on ya hunny :)
    Good idea for him to inform ya if he does sleep with anyone else, to help keep yourself aware of your feelings you could possibly gain for him.

Seem like you got your head screwed on right... all I can say is, hmmm.... have fun :D
  • Options
    i had one for a lil while and at the time it was great but believe me when i say that it can and probably will end in tears
  • Options
    I really don't see how anyone can actually get a fuck buddy.

You just decide to start having sex whenever and then afterwards you play some video games. :confused:

Seems a bit akward to me, but each to his own.
  • Options
    Eh, I think the idea of having a random person that you have sex with is a bit 'weird' to me.
    Sex without emotion is alien to me...
  • Options
    i would love one, im gagging for it, not that im desperate or nothin lol :S
  • Options
    Mine used to be a lad i'd known for nearly 10 years. We got on well with friends, there was a sexual attraction there but i could never have had a relationship with him. So we became FBs. We went out for drinks with each other and enjoyed each others company and both of us enjoyed ourselves. I don't think of it as sluttish as he was the first person i'd slept with in two years and was the only person i slept with all of last year. I felt confident, at ease and comfortable around him as he was a friend above all else. Both of us knew there were no strings attached and it gradually fizzled out in the end and there were no tears or tantrums and we both get on fine. I think we both realised that the sexual attraction had just fizzled out and there was no point in carrying on.
    I saw him with his new g/f the other week, prepared myself to be a bit upset but low and behold there was nothing. Was actually pretty happy that he's found someone.
  • Options
    aaaaaawwwwww ;)
  • Options
    I'd like to have my friend as a fb, as i found out that i have some sort of affection for her. I think she might want it too, but i'm sure not going to try anything soon, cuz i'm not sure how she feels about it and stuff. It's always better to have a true relationship, right?
  • Options
    I think the idea of f***buddies is very VERY wrong, on all counts.

only because I haven't got one :(
  • Options
    I basically have the same opinion as everyone else who replied. Its not for everyone, its not for me, but it doesnt make you a slut. My best friend has one of these but i dont understand how she cant get emotionally involved. Im an old fashioned romantic i guess. Its very rare that these things work out though.If you involve a friend, things get too weird and your friendship will inevitably suffer.If you involve a stranger, your basically just being used for your body, as the mutual respect wont be there. Id just think things through before you get involved in anything and then follow your instincts.:D