Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

suicides rates amongst young men

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: suicides rates amongst young men
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent

We don't need preaching to. We need to be allowed to work things out for ourselves. The "right" answer for me is not necessarily the right answer for eveyone.

YOu dont need preaching? :eek2: , you also mention that you can work things out for yourself?

How can you work things out by yourself, if you didnt make yourself?
  • Options
    satan.jpg
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: suicides rates amongst young men
    Originally posted by Mystery Ridah

hmm, listen to this theory, being a devout chrstain i'm sure you've heard the story of adam and eve, if they really were the first two humans on earth and were made by god, who did their children have sex with to procreate, and it is a known fact that if humans inbreed, then they will develop disabilities along the line, 6 billion people later, humans are faster, stronger and smarter than ever, work that one out genius?
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: suicides rates amongst young men

Hmm, problem with that theory is it's reliance on religion again.

Unless you refer to the fact that my parents made me, in which case I would point out that they also educated me and gave me sufficient knowledge and confidence to enable me to form decisions on my own.

Even if you use religion then you will also accept that every decision will be based on the two imposters - good and evil - but that ultimately each man will make his own decisions. If you don't accept that each person is senitient enough to make decisions for themselves, you arguement leads us to the ultimate conclusion that if God determines our decision making then all the "evil" acts in the world are also His fault because man could not impinge on the Will Of God...?
  • Options
    right, i've not posted here before but christ(yes i am using HIS name in vain) you really wound me up. don't call people who consider suicide weak. if anything people who need to rely on a almighty power to control their life are the weak ones. can you not handle making your own mind up? how can we make our minds up for oursleves? by not being slaves to a non-existant idea of perfection that people cannot achive.

have a look at the world around you (assuming GOD "blessed" with eyes) and see if you can't find something that makes you want to leave it

for my part i agree with whoever said i am making the most of my life, cos thats all we can do, and i feel sorry that you are wasting yours in the vain hope that things will be better after

there is no fate but what you make
  • Options
    Re: Re: suicides rates amongst young men
    Suicide is for the weak.

If ever there was a statement to comprehensively display ignorance, it's that one.

It always tickles me that so many religious people have so little compassion. I thought that's what your God was all about.

What's that wonderful Marx quote? Along the lines that Religion is the opiate of the masses?

Welcome to the boards by the way Dloan.

Edited to avoid starting more arguments.
  • Options
    I've just re read my post and in hte interest of not starting a war/being banned for personal coments on my first post i'd like to make this clear:

i don't disagree with religion in general, in many ways if people use it as guidelines for their lives it can work. but thats it, no body can force their opinions or ideas on someone, that includes religion. all i wanted to make clear is that surely in this day and age people cannot be so blind as to say what ridah matey was saying and really mean it. all that can be taken from most religions is the idea of understanding and compassion. half of the "rules" were created as excuses to go to war and are still being used as such. strangely religion kills more people than you would think any god would allow.

quick history lesson: christ was not considered "holy" till the 7th century, just a man with things to say, till the romans idolised him and wrote the bible. but of course thats only a few thousand years after the world was made wasn't it...........

suicide for the weak, pah, try it and see if its easy to do. being blinkered is for the weak
  • Options
    Originally posted by Dloan
    quick history lesson: christ was not considered "holy" till the 7th century, just a man with things to say, till the romans idolised him and wrote the bible.

and your source? are you saying the Romans wrote the old testament as well?

so, even if its just 2000 years you think you can sum it up in a sentence?

the words Christ, messiah, Jesus mean holy, of God, God with us

and Mystery Ridah regarding suicide as being for the weak, that is the kind bigoted attitude and crap that stops young men from actually seeking help

follow the principles of your God and do not marginalise those you don't understand but instead show love and compassion.

ps hellfire preaching doesn't go down too well in this forum
  • Options
    Originally posted by Dloan

quick history lesson: christ was not considered "holy" till the 7th century, just a man with things to say, till the romans idolised him and wrote the bible. but of course thats only a few thousand years after the world was made wasn't it...........

have to correct you here dolan ...the bible is not one big book but 66 small ones ...written over a four and a half thousand year period.
    the romans had buggar all to do with it.
    the last book of the bible ...revelation ...was written by john who was in jail ...thrown in jail by the romans for preaching and writting this stuff.
    sorry mate but the romans didn't write the bible or turn jesus into an idol.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: suicides rates amongst young men
    The only way to heal people "is" to discuss GOD, haha, not to start a bible discussion here, im just saying that those who "do" kill theirself, or thinking about killing theirself, wouldnt be in that solution if they would wake up and understand that, GOD is the only one who cares for you and can heal the pain that you are feeling.

I say unto you , that you seek after him in the early life,

Uhm.... :eek2: Actually I was healed by a mixture of councilling, cognitive behavioural therapy and group work. Not by talking about the Christian god (I don't need the guilt of being told I'm a sinner) or by saying ten hail Marys every time I slashed myself.

Sorry... but I've never been perscribed 'GOD' for my condition by a professional, or somebody who's researched depression and knows about it from a medical prospective.

Any proof to back up that statement? Christianity is a faith-based religion, not an encyclopedia.

Anyway... There's quite a bit of research about gender differences and suicide and one thing I found most true (in my experience) is that women have stronger support networks than men and get their problems off their chest easier. Also, Durkheim found with his research that people who weren't married or in relationships were more likely to kill themselves...

Will get back to this after work.
  • Options
    QUOTE] what’s that wonderful Marx quotes? Along the lines that Religion is the opiate of the masses? [/QUOTE]

You got it right

http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/k/karl_marx.html

Religion is the opium of the masses.

It is one of my favourite quotes and I think Marx was right

Religion is a way to control the masses, to stop them from revolting. Life may be shitty but if you behave yourself then the next life will be better. What a load of shit,

I have a low opinion of people who think that God is the answer for all the problems.

Suicide is something I can understand it is a way out and some people feel it is a way to end the pain misery etc that they feel.

Religion can maybe give a person meaning in life but it is not the only solution. also if a person is clincally depressed then medication could help or seeing someone to talk to. But just going to church and praying to God wont solve the problem
  • Options
    Originally posted by marv
    QUOTE] God wont solve the problem
    god helps those who help themselves?
  • Options
    Sorry to break the news to everyone, but im not a christian, infact please do not refer to me as one again. Also i take no part in "christianity"(whatever that is) and who is this Christian GOD that you people sayeth?
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: suicides rates amongst young men
    Originally posted by turlough
    hmm, listen to this theory, being a devout chrstain i'm sure you've heard the story of adam and eve, if they really were the first two humans on earth and were made by god, who did their children have sex with to procreate, and it is a known fact that if humans inbreed, then they will develop disabilities along the line, 6 billion people later, humans are faster, stronger and smarter than ever, work that one out genius?

hmmm, lets break this down.

Cain had sex with another, who is not mention "in direct detail" in the bible. Meaning , GOD said that, "Cain knew wife and "she conceived"

GOD can make who he wants at any given time, that time was given and thus his wife cometh

Also humans are not faster or smarter, nor stronger :lol: , HOw is this time any different then the old time?

This world is the same as it was, in the beginning. What you people calleth "leaders of this world , lack all righteousness into helping another human"

The question comes to mind:

Do you listen to the foolish leaders of this world, or the righteous leaders of the old world?
  • Options
    Neither, I listen to myself.
  • Options
    Sorry to break the news to everyone, but im not a christian, infact please do not refer to me as one again. Also i take no part in "christianity"(whatever that is) and who is this Christian GOD that you people sayeth?

stop being such a loser, you know rightly who this "christain God" is and what christianity is unless you've lived in Mars your whole life which mightn't be far from the truth considering some of the arrogant, stupid things you've said.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: suicides rates amongst young men

Also humans are not faster or smarter, nor stronger :lol: , HOw is this time any different then the old time?

well yes they are, if you watch any sports programmes, world records are being broke all the time in running events, we've made massive gains in our knowledge of space, mathematics, medicine etc, we've invented so many new things in the past century, something cavemen never could have done, its all down to evolution and social conditioning so in conclusion humans ARE smarter, stronger and faster,
  • Options
    hijacked by a single erm idiot in my opinion, if gods your own to it, fair enough, but not everyone happen to believe in a higher being
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: suicides rates amongst young men
    Originally posted by turlough
    well yes they are, if you watch any sports programmes, world records are being broke all the time in running events, we've made massive gains in our knowledge of space, mathematics, medicine etc, we've invented so many new things in the past century, something cavemen never could have done, its all down to evolution and social conditioning so in conclusion humans ARE smarter, stronger and faster,

WTH:crazyeyes Listen man, im glad we all can talk about this and not fight, just shows that we can have different views on this life and not hate.

Also i know that i use to be faster when i was younger, but now im stil fast, but not like i was when i was young. Thats not evolution, thats old age. ha
  • Options
    You're how old? 23?
  • Options

Ahhh... well you were going on about 'GOD'... thus we assumed. Nuff said.
    Do you listen to the foolish leaders of this world, or the righteous leaders of the old world?

As in reverence for the 'ancestors'?
  • Options
    Yea 22, going 23. Evolution is suppose to be a process, that continues over a period of generations(thats what i been told by people on a very active evolution message board). So if we are suppose be getting faster and stronger, more questons has risen up:

Why am i slower then i was couple years ago?

HOw come humans is not changing into something else:lol: ?

Or for that matter, what aint nothing changing into something else :lol::lol: ?
    (flowers, cats, dogs, the sun(which btw happens to be in the right place), the moon, the heavens, etc)

Everything is the same

HOw come people are dying at a younger age ?

Whereas, in the old time, which we callest the early bible times: The people of the old times was living at a higher age, around 500 and 900 years old

Im sticking with the proof of GOD. hUMANS are not faster or stronger or smarter:

If a man is righteous, this man is smart, if a man is strong, this man power comes from GOD, if a man is smart, his thoughts are from GOD if he is allowed.

*Breaking world records is not important, but healing the sick is*

*A break though in a mathematics &, medicine etc is not important, but knowing the works of GOD and helping others learn THE works of GOD is*

*An invention of new "Material" things is not important, but bringing back the dead and making this person risen back up to see his family and friends is*

*The world that we are living in right now is GOOD, some things are great and some are not, but the way we are living in this world is WRONG, do you not understand that better days are coming?*
  • Options
    Yea 22, going 23. Evolution is suppose to be a process, that continues over a period of generations(thats what i been told by people on a very active evolution message board)
    <rest of bullshit snipped>

Ha ha ha ha! :D

Get an education, for fucks sake. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    My reason in believeing in a God is that I don't think life on earth is the end. It's too easy to say that. How can it be? Where have the planets come from? Space? etc Understand what I mean?
    I believe that when our bodies die, our soul is immortal.

hey it sounds freaky init?

All the answers is located in the bible., and you are right, the earth is here forever, thus A new heaven and a new earth is coming, the home of the righteousness, wherein the righteous ones dwelleth* - 2 Peter Chapter 3 verse 13, Revelation Chapter 21 Vese 1, Isaiah chapter 65 verses 15 , 16 , 17 and 18

The earth was not created in vain, it was made for a purpose, in connecting with the NEW HOLY CITY, which cometh down from heaven unto the earth

Unlike, the christians of this time, will tell you a different story, without reading the bible, my advice dont listen to them and re-read the bible for yourself and ask GOD and The prophet messiah for help to give unto you.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: suicides rates amongst young men
    WTH:crazyeyes Listen man, im glad we all can talk about this and not fight, just shows that we can have different views on this life and not hate.

Also i know that i use to be faster when i was younger, but now im stil fast, but not like i was when i was young. Thats not evolution, thats old age. ha

That's age, not a generalisation of the human race. The point turlough was making is that the human race are evolving, the human race is becoming smarter, faster and stronger. Everyone knows that age slows people down. You really do need to get an education, you seem to be one of the least intelligent people I have ever come across on thesite, and this is coming from a 17 year old :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    Ha ha ha ha! :D

Get an education, for fucks sake. :rolleyes:

I do have a education , and i have a higher education then half of those living in this world today.

Carry on with your ignorance.

Why thou seeketh after the might of man, when Job spoke to seeketh after the will and glory of GOD?

And btw im done with this post, getting a little old and it seems like im wasting my time talking.
  • Options
    You mean you have given up debating because you know you're wrong and can't win this discussion :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: suicides rates amongst young men
    Originally posted by chaos_insomniac
    That's age, not a generalisation of the human race. The point turlough was making is that the human race are evolving, the human race is becoming smarter, faster and stronger. Everyone knows that age slows people down. You really do need to get an education, you seem to be one of the least intelligent people I have ever come across on thesite, and this is coming from a 17 year old :lol:

You say im least intelligent , but i believe and follow GOD and his commandments and laws and i knoweth the truth and i heed unto it.

So yall can label me what you want, you all lack righteousness into understand the will of GOD.
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: suicides rates amongst young men
    You say im least intelligent , but i believe and follow GOD and his commandments and laws and i knoweth the truth and i heed unto it.

So yall can label me what you want, you all lack righteousness into understand the will of GOD.

I said you were one of the least intelligent people I have ever debated with on thesite, yes. That has nothing to do with your religion, but you seem to take every single word of the bible as true. It is a well known fact that God did not create the earth in seven days, nor did God create two people, Adam and Eve, the human race evolved from primates. Therefore in this aspect the bible is in fact wrong. The bible is also very contradictory is many aspects, and is an out-dated book that has rules that almost no one follows anymore. And I do understand "God", but I do not believe that God can be perfectly good, as he denies his followers freedom and happiness in some aspects.

For example, the bible, and many christian opinions, is that homosexual sex is wrong, which therefore means that if I decide to have sex with another man (which I have) I am damned to hell. Is that really fair???

note: there is little point in debating this because it has nothing to do with suicide rates amongst young men.
  • Options
    To quote Bill Hicks: Dinosaurs.

Explain them please.