Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Talking about sex to relatives

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone talk about their sex lives with their brothers / sisters mothers or fathers?

At uni this guy was telling us a story of how open the French are about Sex and he said this girl he knows went out on a date and came home and the father says to the daughter at the dinner table

"So how was the sex?"

and she replies it was good.

Like I don't know any parents and kids that are that open.

Comments

• Options
    My mum knows ive had sex.....once. Thats it.
    The only other times when we talk about sex are at sunday lunch with my sisters and even then its just comments about it hidden within comments.
    Oh yea and when my mum got drunk and told me she spits:eek2:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella
    Oh yea and when my mum got drunk and told me she spits:eek2: [/B]

I bet your life is so much better for knowing that :lol:
    Our family dont talk about sex, etc, but my mum's always said she'd buy me johnnies if i needed them. I know that if i had to ask my mum id feel sorta ok with it, as ok as you can feel about talking to yout parents about doin it
  • Options
    Oh yea and when my mum got drunk and told me she spits:eek2:

OH >>> MY >> GOD :eek2:

Does she remember that she told you?

I assume your parents are still together??
  • Options
    :lol: yea she knows she said it. My rents are still together, my dad was there when she told me. haha he was blushing so much even his ears went red. awwww. :lol:
  • Options
    My mums last words to me on the matter : " I TOLD YOU NOT TO DO THAT IN THIS HOUSE!!!" : \
  • Options
    :lol: yea she knows she said it. My rents are still together, my dad was there when she told me. haha he was blushing so much even his ears went red. awwww. :lol:

I'm feeling soo queezy after reading that ...

How old are your folks??
  • Options
    erm..my mums 53 i think and my dads 50, whats makes me laugh even more is that they are both sunday school teachers:lol:
  • Options
    erm..my mums 53 i think and my dads 50, whats makes me laugh even more is that they are both sunday school teachers:lol:

Flipping heck that explains everything!!!

The raunchiest girls were always the ones brought up and schooled by Nuns .. so you must be a right goer!!! :D
  • Options
    Well, I remember my Mum telling me she's never gave my Dad a BJ, poor lad. :(

She knows I have sex regularly, but she doesn't twitter on about it. I natter to my sister who's 11 years older than me about it! She told me that she stopped breast feeding because my bro in law didn't like seeing her tits being sucked on when he wanted to.

So we're pretty close, innit. :D
  • Options
    Nope, didnt even get the birds & bees chat from my parents. Good job i had sense & went on the pill myself.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    i talk to my mum about sex. it is just another line of conversation that comes up sometimes. neither of us are embarrassed either. tis good :)
  • Options
    i talk generally about sex with my mum, no problem. but i don't see the need for specifics, or personal comments.

she does. especially when we have company :crazyeyes
  • Options
    My dad's the typical blustering make a joke out of it public school boy. He finds it hard sometimes to talk seriously about sex but likes to think that he's cool and with it but covers his embarrassment with humour.
    Mum's by far the easiest one to talk to. I'm like Kaffrin though, i can talk easily about sex with my mum but i don't make random comments like "cor mum he sure knows what to do with it".
    My mum's more inclined to make comments. We were sat behind a sports car one day and she decided to inform me "when i was younger i had sex in one of those". With my warped humour i thought it was amusing :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Carolina
    We were sat behind a sports car one day and she decided to inform me "when i was younger i had sex in one of those". With my warped humour i thought it was amusing :D

At Least she didnt decide to inform you that the urban legend about black shlongs is infact a lie...
  • Options
    No way, talking to my mum/dad about it :blush:
  • Options
    Here's what my dad had to say on the matter when I was 13

"Well son..... men and women have.... certain ..... parts....

... the man and woman bring.... these.... parts into play....

... and that's how it's done"

(Great, can I have this chat from someone who's actually HAD sex?) :D
  • Options
    *gone*
  • Options
    I occasionally talk to it about my sister; I remeber being delighted when she informed me she'd had her clitoris pierced :rolleyes:

It's not really talked about, no point I don't think. I don't want to know details, and I doubt my mum does.
  • Options
    I'm 17 and not once have my parents mentioned sex. I have no brothers or sisters either. We don't have sex ed at our school.

It's a wonder I know anything at all.

And that's not good. I learnt it the hard way.:(
  • Options
    Nope, never talk about it to them.
  • Options
    I talk to my mum about it... in detail.. we're best friends so it's just like havin a natter over coffee type thing..

I don't talk about it with dad, although he knows I'm 18 and that it's all natural etc etc. And whenever I say the word 'sex' my sister goes off on one about me being her 'ickle sister' and that I shouldn't be having sex lol. *She's 21 btw* so yeh.. that's how it is avec ma famille!!!

Ilora x
  • Options
    I never even got told about the birds and the bees :rolleyes:

It's quite amazing I know anything :p
  • Options
    I got the Birds and Bees when I was about 9. And me and mum talk about sex, me and dad dont though. He thinks me and mr. moon are at it every time we go into my room.
  • Options
    Hmm occasionally mention it with my Mum. She was very informative and helpful when it came to sexual advise- which was very refreshing. However, I would not share the intimate details of it with. Though I did suggest getting my tongue peirced as a joke and she said "well it would be nice for [girlfriend name removed] at least"

Never talk to my Dad or Brother about it- they are lacking in people skills and so probably wouldn't be able to handle me talking about it.
  • Options
    I don't even discuss sexual matters with my friends let alone my family. I'd just die.
  • Options
    "So anyone Mum. There we were... greased up to the ying yang. And I just eeeentered from behind"

Doesn't really fit does it?
  • Options
    well, i got told sod all except "not in this house ya dont" ... well... atleast it wasn't like Zella, she got told she was from the microwave. :p
  • Options
    My mum knows how many people I've slept with but thats about it, its not something we talk about. My school didn't have sex ed and my mum never talked about it, its a wonder I know anything really. My Dad likes to pretend that I'm still a virgin and will probably keep pretending til the day I get married, or maybe forever.
  • Options
    I was taught about sex from a really early age, I think I was about 2 or something when my mum bought me a book and talked me through it. I think it's the healthiest way - it doesn't seem like a mystery or something that's taboo, it's just natural and another aspect of life.

I'll joke about it with my parents but wouldn't go into detail about my or their sex life - it's just not necessary. If I had a scare I might talk to my mum about it, but not my dad - he'd seem fine about it on the outside but I have a feeling it'd really embarass and upset him! He thinks I'm still his little girl.....:rolleyes: :)
  • Options
    Never really talked about sex with my parents. My Mum once gave me a "wish the ground would open up and swallow me whole" type of lecture about using condoms once. Is it parents jobs to make you feel uncomfortable? :lol:
    When I was in my teens, my Mum got a book about sex from the library and let me "borrow" it. :D Well, it was more a book about where babies come from, and how they're made. Ewww! Some of the pictures haunt me to this day! :crazyeyes :D