Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Who did you vote for?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    Funny how you won't say. You ashamed? Or worried about the stick you'll get here?

Because of comments like yours. Grow up.
  • Options
    well its gonna have been either UKIP, Tory or BNP.

was it one of those?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Because of comments like yours. Grow up.

Pardon? :confused:
  • Options
    Pardon? :confused:

Re-read your own comment to ladymuch and realise that you sound like a fifth-grader, who should just be ignored, as no matter what he will get told, he'll continue being immature.
  • Options
    Funny how you won't say. You ashamed? Or worried about the stick you'll get here?

no
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Re-read your own comment to ladymuch and realise that you sound like a fifth-grader, who should just be ignored, as no matter what he will get told, he'll continue being immature.

Oh do fuck off. :)

I'm commenting in the fact that ladymuck always avoids direct questions.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    well its gonna have been either UKIP, Tory or BNP.

was it one of those?

That's absolutely none of your business, unless she wants to tell you.

Which she clearly doesn't, so I wouldn't be inclined to force the issue if I were you.
  • Options
    It’s interesting how many people on this board didn’t vote at all, I mean didn’t vote on principle?
    Are there heroes in your country?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bri-namite
    That's absolutely none of your business, unless she wants to tell you.

Which she clearly doesn't, so I wouldn't be inclined to force the issue if I were you.
    I know, I already acknowledged it was a taboo subject. I had no intention of pressing the issue, but i d find it amusing that someone so forthcoming with their extreme views would then be coy about stating who they voted for (If they voted)
  • Options
    I was feeling ill so didn't go down there
    however I was going to vote for Ken, undecided 2nd choice,
    Labour in Europe and London Assembly.

I think it was stupid how I didn't receive info on the candidates until yesterday evening, although I had looked them up on the Internet obviously.
  • Options
    Lib dems won in my area, as usual. Tories came a very close second though. labour trailed quite a long way behind. Hopefully with labour doing so very badly they might just get rid of Blair. hes a bit of a liability it seems.
  • Options
    Originally posted by LabRat
    It’s interesting how many people on this board didn’t vote at all, I mean didn’t vote on principle?
    Are there heroes in your country?
    I didnt vote as I simply dont know enough about it all, I gues im too lazy/interested in other things to find out.
  • Options
    I think its because a lot of the people who are disillusioned with Labour, just didnt vote at all. The people who wanted to make a stand voted something else, so therefore Labour got fuck all votes, Id like to know what the actual turnout was as a percentage of the population.
  • Options
    where did you hear it from?
  • Options
    IWCA won some council seats in Oxford.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    on the news, quite high isn't it?
    yes if thats true. i cant actually find anything about it on the web. Can you post a link.
  • Options

You know, I was avoiding this thread because I don't think that it is something I would answer. I have never told anyone who I vote for, not even my wife.

You can hardly say that I am not vocal in my political comments, and you may think that you can guess who I voted for, but I think it would be a surprised and I don't think that you should assume with ladymuck either.

This comment was beneath you Blagsta.

@ wee wuman. We only had European elections in my ward too and I'm in England. Not all council seats come up at the same time anyway...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    You know, I was avoiding this thread because I don't think that it is something I would answer. I have never told anyone who I vote for, not even my wife.

im really intrigued, not by who you voted for, but the fact your wife doesnt even know :eek: . Do you know who she votes for (when you allow her to vote :p ) or do you never discuss politics?
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    im really intrigued, not by who you voted for, but the fact your wife doesnt even know :eek: . Do you know who she votes for or do you never discuss politics?

I know that she votes Labour, always has, always will. She is the daughter of a Kent Miner and was brought up with that thought. She once said that her Dad would never forgive her if she voted for anyone else. And besides, after the strike she I actually think that she could never vote for anyone else in conscience either.

But no she doesn't know who I vote for and when she asks I'm evasive ("I've voted for the person I put a cross next to" sort of thing). I truly believe that it is a personal thing and I really don't want to get involved in a political discussion with my wife like that. It can only be divisive in a relationship.
    (when you allow her to vote :p )

:p

Funny you should say this though, but in this instance it's more whether I allow her not to vote because she's pretty apathetic about it all. Thing is we live in a strong Labour Ward for local elections and one of the safest Tory seats in the country when it comes to national elections. It's hard to be motivated in the face of such certainties.

I still harass her to vote, as I would everyone here, because you never know if your vote will prove to be important one day.
  • Options
  • Options
    I voted conservative, mainly because they treat the police and their families well, and because I agree with their justice policies.
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3796075.stm

the voter turnout figure is reported as around 40% for the local council elections.
    Thats not bad at all. I thought ittd be lower,
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    I voted conservative, mainly because they treat the police and their families well, and because I agree with their justice policies.
    I know what cops mean when they are babbling of justice. Felt this with my own ribs…
  • Options
    A lot of people on this post seem to slag off people who vote UKIP etc, accusing them of being xenophobes etc. However, some of these same people proudly tell us that they have voted for Respect, who from what I've seen are just as extreme but in the other direction. George Galloway is an ass too!!!

By the way before you presume who i voted for, i voted for labour!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent

You can hardly say that I am not vocal in my political comments, and you may think that you can guess who I voted for, but I think it would be a surprised and I don't think that you should assume with ladymuck either.

This comment was beneath you Blagsta.

I see your point, but as I said - my post was more a comment on how ladymuck always avoids direct questions about her agenda. Something I find highly suspicious.
  • Options
    Originally posted by DJHyde
    A lot of people on this post seem to slag off people who vote UKIP etc, accusing them of being xenophobes etc. However, some of these same people proudly tell us that they have voted for Respect, who from what I've seen are just as extreme but in the other direction. George Galloway is an ass too!!!

By the way before you presume who i voted for, i voted for labour!

I'm not a huge fan of Respect to be honest, and a lot of people on the left aren't either.
  • Options
    Originally posted by LabRat
    I know what cops mean when they are babbling of justice. Felt this with my own ribs…

Does this make sense to anyone? :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    on the news, quite high isn't it?
    No, it's pathetic. It's just higher than usual for local / Euro elections.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Infinite
    I reckon some of them are just trying to get publicity for their causes rather than get elected.
    :yes: A lot of single-issue parties are really pressure groups in the way they behave: they are seeking to raise awareness and probably don't expect to win anything.
  • Options