Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Condoms

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by g_angel007
    I think my best moment was I was back from London for the weekend and had booked a hotel room with a girly I was seeing for a bit... We popped into what used to be my local Sainsbury's for a few "supplies" hehehe :D

1 bottle vodka
    1 bottle coke
    1 tube KY Jelly (naughty girly ;) )
    1 box gossamer

;)

Anyhoo, I went to the checkout of a woman I used to work with when I was 17/18 and I think she was more embarrassed by the cheeky grin I gave her... and also by the colour my girly had turned! HAHAHAHAH!

It was only when I got to the car that I realised that in her flusteredness she'd charged me twice for the KY. Needless to say, I let that slide (HHAHAHAHA! Sorry, excuse the pun - I couldn't resist!!) and went away for naughty fun a couple of quid down! Quality.

Ooooooooo - pretty much unembarrassable, me.

i thought you were a girl. :(
  • Options
    White NoiseWhite Noise Posts: 624 Incredible Poster
    Originally posted by wheresmyplacebo
    i actually agree wid you 150% there

i don't, and don't get where your coming from. we all get embaressed doing certain things, specially when it comes to sex. what matters most is actually buying them....!
  • Options
    Originally posted by White Noise
    i don't, and don't get where your coming from. we all get embaressed doing certain things, specially when it comes to sex. what matters most is actually buying them....!
    Maybe I should have said that if you are too embarrased to talk about condoms with the person you are about to sleep with you shouldn't be having sex... I didn't mean to sound so harsh.

I don't get embarrased easily about anything sexual. Except for one KY Jelly buying incident that was very funny in hindsight but not at the time.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Randomgirl
    Maybe I should have said that if you are too embarrased to talk about condoms with the person you are about to sleep with you shouldn't be having sex... I didn't mean to sound so harsh.

ahh, i get where your coming from then :)
  • Options
    i thought you were a girl.

Why the sad face girly?

Nah, am far from being a girly, just like to have a name that leaves people confused! ;)
  • Options
    I buy condoms and am not embarrassed by it at all. I buy them in Asda in bulk as that way they're cheaper, and like sanitary products, tend to join the queue with the youngest checkout guy just to see him squirm... well, you have to have some way of livening up the queueing time!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kate1
    Asda in bulk as that way they're cheaper, and like sanitary products, tend to join the queue with the youngest checkout guy just to see him squirm... well, you have to have some way of livening up the queueing time!

cruel kate, very cruel. i was one of those squirming young guys once :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Randomgirl

I don't get embarrased easily about anything sexual. Except for one KY Jelly buying incident that was very funny in hindsight but not at the time.

Ye if your are not reday to talk about it then you canty really be comfortable with each other and ready to talk about sex- and sex stuff so to speak-

Same as myself im embarressed about little sexually-
    I always buy them myself but think women should have some just n case. Just strange where to look when you see people you know well-family/female friends in a chemist and you with a big family pack, always funny after!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Docter Lurve
    Ye if your are not reday to talk about it then you canty really be comfortable with each other and ready to talk about sex- and sex stuff so to speak-

Same as myself im embarressed about little sexually-
    I always buy them myself but think women should have some just n case. Just strange where to look when you see people you know well-family/female friends in a chemist and you with a big family pack, always funny after!

I'm not even fussed about friends/family seeing me with condoms... both my parents know I'm shagging, so why would i be embarrassed when it's only proof of something they know anyway?
  • Options
    once we had a bet on embaressing the cashiers - best one on the cashiers is going in and buying a cucumber, rubber gloves and tub of vaseline.... now that had an effect! :eek2: look on their face :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kate1
    I'm not even fussed about friends/family seeing me with condoms... both my parents know I'm shagging, so why would i be embarrassed when it's only proof of something they know anyway?
    When I was in Brazil and having sex with my lovely ex-boyfriend I wouldn't buy condoms at our local chemists incase any of my students saw me! Not sure why it was an issue but I always used to stock up when we were away to avoid having to buy them locally.
  • Options
    I can't remember ever feeling embarrassed about buying condoms. I mean nearly everyone does it and yeah, even when i was quite young I was cool with buying them. I did have an older lady refuse to sell them to me once tho. She did end up selling them to me though, I made her see that it was better for her to sell them to me, and have safe sex, rather than to have unprotected sex. I mean do people really think that just buy not selling condoms to younger people, that will prevent them from having sex. I mean what kinda shite logic is that....
  • Options
    the best part about buying condoms is when you're with your other half, and you buy a pack of 18, and the checkout lady looks at you like she might kill you. and you hand over your money and skip off hand-in-hand thinking 'haha, i'm getting some'.
  • Options
    lol!

very true
  • Options
    Condoms

I find it sooo embarassing. What usually happens is you skulk around Boots waiting for the queue to vanish, grab and run with the condoms carefully hiding them under everything else in your basket, just to get to the till where there's a trainee who takes 10 mins to scan the damn bar code on the condom. She then calls over someone to help her, by which time there's at least 15 people in the queue behind you all sniggering.

Why me?

Anyway, found this helps, I just buy them on line now, have them delivered to my door in plain envelopes AND they're a damn site cheaper!

http://tinyurl.com/dmy2c
  • Options
    only bought them once for a joke, ALWAYS far too embarresed. I'd rather go without sex tbh :p
  • Options
    It's better to go in to a shop and buy condoms, than morning after pill/pregnancy test! prevention is better than cure
  • Options
    billybob87 wrote:
    It's better to go in to a shop and buy condoms, than morning after pill/pregnancy test! prevention is better than cure

Buying one of those pregnancy test kits can be good fun under the right circumstances, unfortunatly they arn't always 100% acurate, even if you wait the correct length of time before using them, my wife knew she was pregnant the morning after, we waited she got sick dizzy, took the test it said negative, tried it again negative, went to the doctors did all the tests there, your not pregnat the doctor said, because of work I had to go away for 3 months, when I got back my wife was having lots of stomach problems, we went to the hospital, and found out she was 4 months pregnant.
  • Options
    Getting back to the subject though, I have never brought condoms from a shop, been tempted to get a pack of extra large ones though and walk up to the most attractive girl on the checkouts, but no the only time I've got condoms it's been from a machine in a pub toilet, luckily girls don't seen to get embarrased about buying them, well the one's i've been with anyway, (and that is is very small sample of the female population).
  • Options
    year old. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    year old. :rolleyes:
    Never felt embarrassed about buying these for some reason. I was the first time, but the assistant who served me didn't even give me a second glance.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Never felt embarrassed about buying these for some reason. I was the first time, but the assistant who served me didn't even give me a second glance.

opened them yet?
  • Options
    I buy them mostly because if my bf's mother ever found condoms in his room she'd kick him out or try to break us up. we try different types, regular, flavoured, ultra sensitive, stuff like that. next we'll be trying the shared sensation ones. :)
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    MrG wrote:
    opened them yet?
    Stop being mean ;<
  • Options
    Haha

We've never had this problem, thanks to good ol' trusty Wal-Mart. We usually end up buying them together but every once in awhile I do it on my own. Most adults, like the cashiers, actually like seeing a couple go through with a box. It means we're being responsible with the choices we make.

~ LilWy
  • Options
    Ive never had to buy them, my boyfriend has always had them, we've gone and gotten them together, a few times though, its not too embarassing.. you know what IS embarassing though

the other night me and my boyfriend were getting it on in his car and a cop came by and made us get out so he could search the car for drugs, and then he emptied my boyfriends pockets and there were condoms in there and the police officer gave them back to him and was like "here hang on to these, it looks like you might need them later"

ha.. it made me laugh
  • Options
    Just buy them on the internet!

There are many decent, secure sites to buy from. Many have 'jumbo' deals which are good value for money. Also look on e-bay

Happy shopping!
  • Options
    hiya

He always bought the condoms when we used them, but the time i went to buy them i went into superdrug, felt a little embarrased aswell then picked up the 1st packet went to the counter and the woman shouted right at the top of her voice to her pal at the back of the shop, "CAN YOU BRING DOWN ANOTHER PACK OF THE SPECIAL OFFER CONDOMS" i went bright red and everyone was looking i was so embarrased i ran out!
    He bought them from then on.... we dont use them now so we dont have a problem!
  • Options
    I would of thought more people would be buying them off the net now seen as how much you save, in money and embarrasment for those of you who are a little shy. but i blush whenever i buy anything sexually, ive no idea why :no:
  • Options
    off the internet? I've never really heard of that. How much cheaper is it?