Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Le Pen to visit Britain. Should he be allowed to enter?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    And...
  • Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    lol answer it then and you need to wash that horrible mouth out again.

Answer what? That BNP weren't getting seats 10 years ago?
    Jim V's already corrected you on that.
    How about engaging with my points.

Oh no, you can't. :rolleyes: Hence - fuck off.
  • Options
    Stop bickering and start debating.
  • Options
    re - November 9th society

"The last time I saw one of those uniforms was at a fetish night in Islington"

that made me laugh

edited to say - stop bickering indeed
  • Options
    and what> you havn'tasked a question.

No. Neither did you.

I'll repeat what I wrote earlier about the causes of the rise of the BNP etc and you can tell me which bits you think are rubbish shall we?

There are a few reasons why the BNP are growing.
    The tabloid media stirring it up and telling blatant lies, growing disparity between the rich and poor and people looking for a convenient scapegoat, the government's handling of resettlement of asylum seekers (classic divide and rule), the inability of the left to get its act together without petty bitching and finally the ignorance, stupidity and greed of people who vote for them.

And did you know that the NF were quite active and big in the late 70's and early 80's and one of the reasons they were beaten was due to them being opposed, idealogically and physically by the left?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jim V
    edited to say - stop bickering indeed

Sorry. :o

But its frustrating when lukesh won't engage with any points, instead mindlessly spouts made up statistics.
  • Options
    lukesh, you're right, Blair is shutting the door after the Eastern Bloc horse has bolted right into our living room.

maybe the figures from Migrationwatch are correct, 54k pa. Whatever he says this 'top to bottom' revision of policy should have happened years ago, not days before May !st

What a major concession, no Council housing to new arrivals, as if anyone expected them to get on a housing list (apart from Roma gypsies perhaps, been here been deported, got the UK=mug t-shirt)

No State benefits for a generation more like it
  • Options
    Hey, our resident fascist BNP troll is back!

Did you go to the dinner in Wales with Le Pen?
  • Options
    BNOP are bigger than ever and you just try and cover that with the NF in the 70's and 80's. Like I have said before BNP will grow to the top if we ignor peoples feelings. Immigration is a shambles why is Blair trying to make us think he is sorting it our again?

Please enage with my points.
    Or shut up.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Originally posted by ladymuck
    What a major concession, no Council housing to new arrivals, as if anyone expected them to get on a housing list (apart from Roma gypsies perhaps, been here been deported, got the UK=mug t-shirt)

That was uncalled for, be careful about how specific your comments are - that one was over the line.
  • Options
    I was basing it on BBC news reports from Slovakia where interviewees (one was the Gomber family ex- Deptford) were indicating they would do precisely that, ie get to UK knowing that the State would provide, knowing there'd be little or no realistic prospects for work

Why is UK allowing this unlike majority of other EU states implementing 7 yr restrictions on movement as allowed?
  • Options
    a) Because all this myth about Britain being flooded with hundreds of thousands of Eastern Europeans is a load of fucking bollocks

b) Because Britain has always been a caring, open-minded country and welcoming country. Racists and associated scumbags who have a problem with this are kindly advised to fuck off and die.
  • Options
    Because Britain has always been a caring, open-minded country and welcoming country

no dogs, no irish, no blacks???
  • Options
    Is that a sign that hungs at your local pub perchance?
  • Options

what?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin

b) Because Britain has always been a caring, open-minded country and welcoming country. Racists and associated scumbags who have a problem with this are kindly advised to fuck off and die.

that's sarcasm?, because I got a few stories about the black and tans and the treatment of the jews that would question that just for starters.
  • Options
    I think you need to clarify your post Ladymuck, I read it as highlighting that England is not at all welcoming at times as opposed to a person opinion?
  • Options

You are right, we weren't always as accomodating as we are now.

Thank god for that.

I suspect though that you would like the approach highlighted above to continue. I'm not sure why, other than because you are scared that the UK may be flooded with immigrants seeks an "easy life".

Now I'm not sure why you might think that, other than because you seem to take a racist approach and because of the media sources you use, but there is little hard evidence that this will actually happen.

Fear is a dangerous thing, it leads to hatred (damn, the Star Wars analogy again), but it's usually based on ignorance. I'd say that this more than applied to many of the comments you make.

Tell me, have you aleays been racist or is it based on something in your past?
  • Options
    Well the whole debate here is about whether people should have that automatic freedom to enter the country. The discussion of the BNP relates to the same issue of freedom and is on topic, well more than most of the threads.

Oh and he has already arrived, so if the thread is to continue the focus will need to change
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jim V
    that's sarcasm?, because I got a few stories about the black and tans and the treatment of the jews that would question that just for starters.
    I'm not suggesting that Britain has been free of racism. There's still plenty today. I was pointing out that Britain has also a history of welcoming people of other cultures and races, unlike some other countries.

That is something to be proud of, not to resent as some people appear to do.
  • Options
    the thing is who we are a laughing stock of the world when it comes to immigration.

Errrrr...where did you get that info from? :confused:

Did you know that only 8% of our workforce are foreign born? Did you know we also have lower levels of foreign born nationals as a proportion of our population than either France or Germany?

Source: Editorial in today's Independent.
  • Options
    and???

Oh for fucks sake. You know.
  • Options
    FACT: We're not first, not second, not third but eighth in the 'who takes the biggest proportion of immigrants' league.

In fact we take peanuts compared with other countries.
  • Options
    I think you need to clarify your post Ladymuck, I read it as highlighting that England is not at all welcoming at times as opposed to a person opinion?

I thought it was an obvious rebuttal of Aladdin's grandiose assertion that UK has historically thrown open its doors to immigrants

As for the tabloid press influencing public opinion, that's doubtful, the Daily Mail has, I recall from a TV discussion a surprising number of Labour voters.

No reason on earth why UK has had the highest asylum nos in Europe other than they know where the going's good

Do some of you not follow politics, have you forgotten the Moxon/Beverly Hughes debacle or would you rather trot out slogans? The Public may well have taken it all on board and lost faith in Blair's ability to control UK's borders.

It matters a lot who lives here
  • Options
    No reason on earth why UK has had the highest asylum nos in Europe other than they know where the going's good

Errrrr...it hasn't. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    It matters a lot who lives here

Yeah and I wish people like you would fuck off. :mad:
  • Options
    Blagsta
    Yeah and I wish people like you would fuck off

zzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    Is that the sound of you and your fascist friends buzzing off?

Good.

BTW, you know full well that we don't have the highest immigration, so why do you peddle such lies?
  • Options
    UNHCR report on asylum into UK

Blagsta
    BTW, you know full well that we don't have the highest immigration, so why do you peddle such lies?

Didn't say immigration

Like shooting fish in a barrel:lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    it aint that bad, this country is historically known as a place to accept political refugees and economic migrants, almost european equivilient of american dream but as it says, its a dream and doesnt necesserily come true
    it the classic"the grass is always greener on other side" idea

and asi keep saying its shown they come here because we have a healthier job market and less benefits than france or germany which is why hey dont stop there because theres less chance of the GETTING A JOB THERE and so they must want to work here
This discussion has been closed.