Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Le Pen to visit Britain. Should he be allowed to enter?

At the kind invitation of the BNP, the racist pond scum masquerading as a human being known as Jean-Marie le Pen is to visit Britain. Le Pen is to "tour Manchester and the West Midlands" with his English Nazi chums. Story

I know I'll have the 'freedom of speech police' jumping on my back for this but I don't think such a "person" should be allowed to enter the country. If nothing else, simply because his very presence is designed and calculated to increase racial tensions and stir trouble.

I for one would be very happy to "greet" him were he to come within 10 miles of me. I’d imagine there will be no shortage of people prepared to make their feelings known about such a sub-human scumbag disgracing this country with his presence. But no matter… Let there be riots and violence so ‘freedom of speech’ is safeguarded.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah he's a tosser, but we have captain hook here in the country so why stop other scums bags coming in.
  • Options
    Hasnt he been arrested a few times on weapons charges, could that not be used to restrict his entry? Probably not given its the EU.

I'm very much of the opinion that so much of the coverage against the BNP is doing them more good than harm. It makes them out to be a political force, when in real terms they dont deserve any coverage on a national scale.

They are a local news item and only that, by treating them as a big threat we are hyping them up.
  • Options
    I do not think he should be allowed to come because people know what his motives are. If he does visit though there is no reason why normal people can go and protest about his visit where he is.
  • Options
    Should be allowed to enter, and then allowed to feel the consequences of that :)

I don't expect that a man who called Hitler's concentration camps a fine detail of the war, to walk freely without feeling waves of hatred directed at him.
  • Options
    Good chance to show what people in this country really think about people who have views such as his, I welcome the chance this provides to villify this man and his British support.........
  • Options
    Let him visit. You can't allow one set of racist bigots to preach in this country and not let another. Besides which, I think that anybody who listens to the man can see for themselves that its a load of ridiculous nonsense. The best way to destroy people like that is to sit back and let them do it themselves.
  • Options
    What other set of racist bigots?
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    Besides which, I think that anybody who listens to the man can see for themselves that its a load of ridiculous nonsense. The best way to destroy people like that is to sit back and let them do it themselves.

I'd aggree with that and thats why I dont like all the coverage the BNP gets because a lot of it makes them out to be a real political party.
  • Options
    Like bongbudda said, we are hyping the BNP a little too much. They're total vote nationwide in the last general election was 47,129. Anyone with an ounce of sense knows what they really stand for and anyone who doesn't and votes for them based on one policy (Immigration) is IMHO a complete idiot.

Take a look at all their policies and you will see they are nothing more than Blackshirts.

Le Pen coming here wouldn't make that much of a difference. Do the BNP really need this French pillock to fight their battles? They must be desperate.
  • Options
    just a quick fact there are more registered sexoffenders (ca. 100,000) than there are BNP voters over the UK

actually thats really worrying come to think of it :S

we shouldnt give them the hype they're so looking for and just let em get onwith it just to show how truly ignorant andracist they are
  • Options
    Let the cunt in.

But wasn't Farrakhan banned? Bit hypocritical, no?
  • Options
    Let him in, banning him would produce more publicity, which is what they'd love. Bet he doesn't come anywhere near my college though ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Should be allowed to enter, and then allowed to feel the consequences of that :)

I don't expect that a man who called Hitler's concentration camps a fine detail of the war, to walk freely without feeling waves of hatred directed at him.

Um...that is a picture of a tree in your av I hope :eek2:
  • Options
    Originally posted by BlackArab
    Um...that is a picture of a tree in your av I hope :eek2:
    Excuse me for maybe coming across as stupid, but what else could it be? :confused:
  • Options
    If he is invited by the government- of course NO! He will have these all cocktail parties, five star hotels, herds of cops protecting him, free this and free that. Why the hell must you pay for him?
    But if he is invited by Aladdin why not?
    Hey Aladdin! You’d discuss some issues like immigration and stuff. You’d ask him why he doesn’t like it and I’m sure you’d understand his point much clearer. Maybe he is not so bad. Maybe he’s even worse you think he is. But in any case you’d pay for his cocktails, not Lukesh.
  • Options
    I'm not sure I follow you about the paying for his cocktails stuff...

But with regard to understanding Le Pen, I think absolutely everybody understands him very well: he is Nazi white supermacist who would like to kick all non-whites and foreigners out of France and support such actions elsewhere in order to achieve White Supremacy in Europe. He's a Holocaust-denying racist cunt and a total waste of space.

Those who support him share his views.
  • Options
    Besides which, I think that anybody who listens to the man can see for themselves that its a load of ridiculous nonsense.
    But anybody who bothers to listen to Le Pen in the first place probably believes what he says anyway; what he says just backs up their preconceptions.
  • Options
    I am afraid to say i do not agree with it, like i did not agree with Abu Hamza, i do not agree that such people are allowed to speak out in this country, stirring racial hatred. I think his views are disgusting, like i think Abu's are, but we want equality we are going to get it! You cant enforce it with one and not with another.

But as its been said before everyone in this country is entitled to "FREE SPEECH" bring him on.

However when he has been in the country, I am sure pople would take matters into their own hands. However their may be police protecting him, they did with Abu Hamza.
  • Options
    Blunkett was on Breakfast with Frost This Morning. He says he would rather Le Pen not be in the country and would not hesitate you use the law against him for stirring racial hatred.
  • Options
    hmm id rather not see him but id rather let these people spurt out their evil and narrow minded views - much like i say to idoits like abu hamza, its best seeing thm where we know they are and can keep an eye on them, and they make a good freakshow too :p
  • Options
    As long as our taxes aren't paying for him to come in and get better treatment, hotels, food and transport than most of us can ever wish for. It was the same with George Bush... the ****. Couldn't he even see he wasn't welcome?

Let the guy in, enough of our cash is wasted on the royals anyway.
    The only reason the BNP is growing because of people like him!

Yup and if anybody protests against them then they can appear on 'Redwatch' and be targets for assult, harassment and whatnot. I think the whole immigration thing, not to mention comics like the Sun may be influencing people?
  • Options
    There are a few reasons why the BNP are growing.
    The tabloid media stirring it up and telling blatant lies, growing disparity between the rich and poor and people looking for a convenient scapegoat, the government's handling of resettlement of asylum seekers (classic divide and rule), the inability of the left to get its act together without petty bitching and finally the ignorance, stupidity and greed of people who vote for them.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    Abu Hamas.

Hamza.
  • Options
    Re: Le Pen to visit Britain. Should he be allowed to enter?
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    At the kind invitation of the BNP, the racist pond scum masquerading as a human being known as Jean-Marie le Pen is to visit Britain. Le Pen is to "tour Manchester and the West Midlands" with his English Nazi chums. Story

I know I'll have the 'freedom of speech police' jumping on my back for this but I don't think such a "person" should be allowed to enter the country. If nothing else, simply because his very presence is designed and calculated to increase racial tensions and stir trouble.

So you don't believe in freedom of expression/speech.

If not fine, but that means the state can censor things you say.

If freedom of expression is to exist in this country, then you can't omit 'offensive' (which is subjective anyhow) opinions.
  • Options
    I believe there is such a thing as a limit to freedom of expression, yes.

The trick is where to draw the line naturally, and of course totalitarian regimes draw it at the wrong place.

But balance can and must be struck between freedom of expression and the prevention of racist/homophobic/xenophobic language.
  • Options
    Because the continuous campaign of smear and lies by the tabloid press has started to take hold (on the simple principle that if you throw mud for long enough, it will stick).

The Tory Party becoming more obsessed with immigration by the day doesn't help either.
  • Options
    bnp wins tower hamlet seat

nearly 11 years ago now
  • Options
    The problem is that within this debate we have two arguements and that seems to be causing the biggest problem in moving this forward.

On one hand, Luke, you're saying that the BNP support is rising as a response to immigration problems that are real.

On the other hand people are pointing out that in their opinion there is a deliberate campaign to create an immigration problem that doesn't really exsist, hence their anger when papers they see as creating this view are quoted as evidence of the problem.

So I suppose the question that needs answering at this point, if most people on the boards are opposed to the increase of support to the BNP, is whether there is a real problem with immigration or just the pretence of a problem for political gain.

And, Luke, you need to stop writing things like '95% of BNP supporters' - it isn't based on any kind of fact and harms any arguement your trying to make. Just right 'a lot of' or 'in my opinion' next time you want to put in a percentage (enless you have a source to back it up)
  • Options
    Originally posted by lukesh
    rubbish.. this sort of comment is one that does not relaise what is happening. Open your eyes... BNP wasn't getting council seats 10 years ago... why are they now?

Oh fuck off.
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.