Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

After 18 years of hell, a hero is released

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    To be fair most experts agree that that is nonsense talk, even by Hamas. But in any case, if the full of the West Bank and Gaza were to be returned I'm pretty certain Hamas would dissapear. No Palestinian Authority would never continue with that mantra (in fact, didn't the PA drop it a few years ago?)

As for the rest of 1967, well Jerusalem is certainly a sticking point. I guess some sort of 'international zone' would have to be agreed, perhaps UN controlled. But I believe if the West Bank and Gaza could be sorted out the rest would eventually be agreed upon.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    To be fair most experts agree that that is nonsense talk, even by Hamas. But in any case, if the full of the West Bank and Gaza were to be returned I'm pretty certain Hamas would dissapear. No Palestinian Authority would never continue with that mantra (in fact, didn't the PA drop it a few years ago?)

The PLO charter was never changed, even that was the agreement after Oslo... in 1992.
  • Options
    Since that agreement fell thanks to the backroom reversals of Barak and subsequently Netanyahu (who never intended to honour Oslo from the start) you can hardly cite the Palestinians for their failures. In point of fact, the Palestinians had conceded ever more land than at any time previously in order to cement the agreement but that was not good enough for Mr. Barak.
  • Options
    But in any case, if the full of the West Bank and Gaza were to be returned I'm pretty certain Hamas would dissapear

You know that is not going to happen. Even if Israel gives up all its land required for self defence, Hamas would not stop killing its people. Besides, their orders from Damascus and Tehran dont let them stop.
    perhaps UN controlled.

Dont make me laugh, that pathetic rump of an organisation is completly irrelevent and utterly feeble.
    One country stands out in terms of aggression and hostility during the last 2 decades.

Iraq.
    but that has since annexed massive amounts of land from virtually all countries around it.

Large quantities of which have been returned, for example the Sinai.
    Does the 'vibrant democracy' of Israel, with its appalling catalogue of human right abuses and its Apartheid system

Humans rights abuses? Sure it has some, but so does every country. And id bet you a large sum that the Arab dictatorships surrounding it are much, much worse.

Aparthetid? What planet are you on? Have you ever been to Israel?
    For it has the total, absolute and unconditional support of the USA

Damn right, the USA is the only country with the balls to stand up for what is right.
    And not "every action" but only regarding those issues where the Israeli government is clearly in the wrong.

For Gods sake, look at the hypocrisy...
    Don't make me fucking laugh, there is only one country in the region that not only was created out of thin air (or rather, out of other people's land

Looks like Israel is 'clearly in the wrong' merely by existing.
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Matadore
    You know that is not going to happen. Even if Israel gives up all its land required for self defence, Hamas would not stop killing its people. Besides, their orders from Damascus and Tehran dont let them stop.
    I disagree. Hamas would lose its support. The majority of Palestinians want to be left in peace in their own land.

And please stop talking rubbish about Syria and Iran.

Dont make me laugh, that pathetic rump of an organisation is completly irrelevent and utterly feeble..
    Do you mean the organisation the whole world (bar, surprise surprise, the US and Israel) look up to as the highest authority and the best guide when it comes to international issues?

Despite the best efforts of the US, who don't like to be told it cannot do as it pleases, the UN is here to stay and a trillion times more trustworthy than the US government. How typical of a warmongering US fundamentalist to talk the UN down :rolleyes:

Large quantities of which have been returned, for example the Sinai.
    But large quantities remain.

Humans rights abuses? Sure it has some, but so does every country. And id bet you a large sum that the Arab dictatorships surrounding it are much, much worse.
    No, not any country has human right abuses. How many countries in the West do you see shooting dead unarmed children?
    Aparthetid? What planet are you on? Have you ever been to Israel?
    Do you understand what the Apartheid was about?

Now go check the two-tier citizenship in Israel (i.e. dirty Arabs = inferior to the Jewish race) and the Wall of Shame being built around Palestine.

Damn right, the USA is the only country with the balls to stand up for what is right.
    don't you mean the US is the biggest bully and most dangerous regime there has ever been?

Looks like Israel is 'clearly in the wrong' merely by existing.
    When have I said that?

It looks that in your eyes Israel has never, ever, in a trillion years, done anything that could be considered wrong.

How fucking sad.
  • Options

Now go check the two-tier citizenship in Israel (i.e. dirty Arabs = inferior to the Jewish race) and the Wall of Shame being built around Palestine.

Why do you call it Palestine? The whole conflict is about building a country called that. Thought it was clear by now, that such a country doesn't exist currently.

Either way, regardless of what you might think the general population in Israel don't use analogies as dirty arabs, and never talk of them as inferior.
  • Options
    I never suggested they do. That was directed at commentators both on internet boards such as this and on the general press (not you by the way) who generally persue an agenda of persecution towards the Arab world and acusse them of every crime imaginable. And in the case of Matadore, he himself admitted on these boards to believing Arabs where inferior to Westerners and Jews.

Anyway, Palestine does exist and in fact existed long time before 1948 (if by the slightly different name of British Mandate Palestine). Not that it matters much now...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Either way, regardless of what you might think the general population in Israel don't use analogies as dirty arabs, and never talk of them as inferior.

No, I'm sure they don't, but it appears that the people who count do.

If a Palestinian marries an Israeli than the Israeli is kicked out of Israel. A Palestinian does not have the same social rights or legal rights as an Israeli. Palestinian land is just seized, or it is rendered unusable by such feats of social equality as that great big wall separating the two sides.

The ordinary person may well not do, but the Government of Israel does. And that Government keeps getting elected.
  • Options
  • Options
    Perhaps all those years of solitary confinment have driven the poor man mad Jacqs ;)
  • Options
    Maybe, though to be perfectly honest, I think it began way before he was imprisoned...
  • Options
    He speaks again:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/letters/story/0,3604,1271344,00.html

Would you allow him to leave?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    You are a cold cold man
    No, he is not a cold man, he is an ardent supporter and loyal servant of his lords. He doesn’t know that the main enemy of every country is its own government. So that guy is a hero, not a traitor. Real traitors are people who work for their governments as military officers, cops, social workers and school teachers not speaking about politicians. They all should be sentenced to spend three weeks listening to Brittney Spears.
    PS Aladdin you are a thief as all commies are. I posted about this case some time ago ( three months ago I think) so you’ve stolen my topic. BTW I asked it in more tough form, namely ’what would you Brits say if this story happened in your country and that guy was a British scientist?’
  • Options
    Do you understand what the Apartheid was about?

In Israel, Jews are a majority but the Israeli-Arab minority are still full citizens with voting rights and representation in government. (I wonder how many of the Jews left in neighbouring Arab countries have such rights?)

The situation of Palestinians is very different; like Arab states the PA does not offer equal rights to its population.

Subject to security in place to protect civilians Palestinians from the territories are allowed to work in Israel and receive similar pay and benefits to their Jewish counterparts. They attend schools and universities. None of this was true for South African blacks.

As South Africa’s Minister for Home Affairs, Chief Mangosuthu Buthelezi, said during a visit to Israel in September 2003: “The Israeli regime is not apartheid. It is a unique case of democracy”.

Regarding the refugees; after the 1948 war there were 650,000 Palestinian refugees. Today that number has swelled to 3.7 million. Israel has no obligation to accept all of these. If the oil rich Arab states wanted to resettle Palestinian refugees they could do tomorrow; with 99.9% of Middle East land mass the Arab states would have no problem. The reason there are Palestinian refugees is because the Arabs refused a UN resolution in 1947 which would have created a separate Palestinian state beside Israel.

If Israel has an apartheid state and treats Arabs badly why has the population of Arabs in Israel gone from 180,000 in 1949 to 1,215,000 in 2000? If Israel is so bad to Arabs why do Arabs love to move there? Whilst the Arab population in Israel has rose the Jewish population in Arab countries has almost disappeared. 140,000 Jews in Algeria in 1948, by 2000 less than 100. Egypt – 75,000 in 1948, 200 in 2000. 100,000 Jews in Iran in 1948, less than 20,000 in 2000.

But, anyway please don’t take my word for it – a popular Arab-American explains why Arabs love Israel:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=31947
  • Options
    Originally posted by LabRat
    PS Aladdin you are a thief as all commies are. I posted about this case some time ago ( three months ago I think) so you’ve stolen my topic.
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You're a funny guy labrat, you really are.

BTW I asked it in more tough form, namely ’what would you Brits say if this story happened in your country and that guy was a British scientist?’
    I can't speak for the British people but I'd have no problem with it. At the end of the day he has not compromised or put in danger the security and safety of Israel by blowing the whistle on its illegal stockpiles of WMDs. On the contrary, it has made Israel safer by doing it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Disillusioned
    In Israel, Jews are a majority but the Israeli-Arab minority are still full citizens with voting rights and representation in government. (I wonder how many of the Jews left in neighbouring Arab countries have such rights?)

The situation of Palestinians is very different; like Arab states the PA does not offer equal rights to its population.

Subject to security in place to protect civilians Palestinians from the territories are allowed to work in Israel and receive similar pay and benefits to their Jewish counterparts. They attend schools and universities. None of this was true for South African blacks.

As South Africa’s Minister for Home Affairs, Chief Mangosuthu Buthelezi, said during a visit to Israel in September 2003: “The Israeli regime is not apartheid. It is a unique case of democracy”.

Regarding the refugees; after the 1948 war there were 650,000 Palestinian refugees. Today that number has swelled to 3.7 million. Israel has no obligation to accept all of these. If the oil rich Arab states wanted to resettle Palestinian refugees they could do tomorrow; with 99.9% of Middle East land mass the Arab states would have no problem. The reason there are Palestinian refugees is because the Arabs refused a UN resolution in 1947 which would have created a separate Palestinian state beside Israel.

If Israel has an apartheid state and treats Arabs badly why has the population of Arabs in Israel gone from 180,000 in 1949 to 1,215,000 in 2000? If Israel is so bad to Arabs why do Arabs love to move there? Whilst the Arab population in Israel has rose the Jewish population in Arab countries has almost disappeared. 140,000 Jews in Algeria in 1948, by 2000 less than 100. Egypt – 75,000 in 1948, 200 in 2000. 100,000 Jews in Iran in 1948, less than 20,000 in 2000.

But, anyway please don’t take my word for it – a popular Arab-American explains why Arabs love Israel:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=31947
    The situation might be not as bad as in Apartheid South Africa Disillusioned, but the existance of a two-tier system and the mistreatement of Arabs cannot be denied.

The horrendous and disgraceful recent new laws governing over mixed marriages (Jew and Palestinian in particular) is so hideous it beggars belief. Land rights for Arabs aren't quite the same either as for Jews, are there?
  • Options
    Just to add that I've found the link to the marriage law story:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3152651.stm

I mean, that is beyond Apartheid... That's bordering on the N word to be honest!
  • Options
    What you conveniently fail to note Disillusioned, in your rush to claim that an Arab endorses Israel and supposedly debunks the legitimate historic criticisms against the state of Israel and the zionist movement, is that Farah is an American-Arab Christian who has publically named himself a zionist.

Lest others be unaware, the fundamental support network for the long record of revisionism and the flood of slanted PR backing and justifying the decades upon decades of Zionist brutality (and indeed the real Anti-Semitism - since the indigenous arab peoples are the only true Semites in the region) against the native population from its original militant terrorist campaigns under the Haganah, Irgun and Stern Gang prior to 1948 comes from American Christian Zionists with their skewed apocalyptic belief that the modern state represents the "Israel" of god spoken of in the Book of Revelations.

Quite frankly, Farah is no credible source to make the argument you seek to make. His own right wing ideological basis is well known as is the ideological inbalance of WorldNet Daily (and NewsMax) as any source of balanced analysis.
    As I've pointed out numerous times on my blog, Roger Ailes was an important component of what journalist Trudy Lieberman called, "The Vincent Foster Factory" -- a dirty-tricks operation in which operatives acted like impartial journalists to spread the paranoid tale that the Clintons were responsible for the death of Vince Foster (Lieberman's article for the Columbia Journalism Review focused on the activities of two Scaife-paid alleged humans, Joseph Farah and Christopher Ruddy, both of whom, like Ailes, have written paychecks to O'Reilly; O'Reilly's column used to be carried by Farah's WorldNetDaily and is currently carried by Ruddy's Newsmax). Also, Ailes was executive producer of Rush Limbaugh's short-lived television show in which the host fanned the flames of paranoia surrounding Foster's death.

http://www.americanpolitics.com/20030918Davis.html

If you rely on such patently agenda-driven PR types (who like to disguise themselves as mere objective reporters to gain wider mainstream audience) as credible and truthful analysts simply because they help reinforce the comfortable revisionist dogma sold as historic fact to the unquestioning masses, you only demonstrate your gullibility all the more.
  • Options
    Originally posted by LabRat
    Real traitors are people who work for their governments as social workers and school teachers

You really are quite insane.
  • Options
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You're a funny guy labrat, you really are.
    Thanks. I mean I’m glad you didn’t take it as an offence.
    I can't speak for the British people but I'd have no problem with it. At the end of the day he has not compromised or put in danger the security and safety of Israel by blowing the whistle on its illegal stockpiles of WMDs. On the contrary, it has made Israel safer by doing it. [/B]
    It‘s true. The case ( not too seldom BTW) when I agree with lefties.
  • Options
    Aladdin,

I wonder how Arab countries treat Jews who marry Muslims? Worse is the simple answer. I don’t fully support Israeli marriage law, however once again the UN is singling out Israel as to suggest that Israel is the only country to have laws like this is absurd.

Either way, I do not feel the constant need like the EU and UN do to worry myself with Israeli domestic policy.

Tell me – if Israel treats Arabs so badly why are so many Arabs choosing to move to Israel? 180,000 Arabs in Israel in 1949 to 1,215,000 in 2000 is a massive increase; this growth is due to migration. Surely if Israel treated Arabs appallingly Arabs wouldn’t choose to leave their own country to move there?
  • Options
    Clandestine,

Are you incapable of responding to the article rather than attacking the writer and the source? The fact that you’re unable to counter the article and merely respond by attacking the source shows how groundless your argument is.
  • Options
    Sorry to burst your bubble Disillusioned but knowing the source of a claim is very much a legitimate facet of verifying its credibility as a true accounting or a wholly ideology-endorsing propaganda effort.

WorldNet Daily and NewsMax are both very well known in academic and journalistic circles for entirely contrived and slanted op-ed styled polemic. Hardly a credible source reference im sorry.

Note: WorldNetDaily happens to be the internet based arm of the Washington Times, a sensationalist right wing ragmag owned by none other than Rev. Sun Myung Moon. Still willing to base your analysis on its articles?

As for treating the claims of his op ed piece, the links I have repeatedly provided are replete with factual sourced and annotated references for all facts and figures cited therein, including (in reference to your claims of post 1948 population figures) a much fuller picture which exposes the very reason for such figures stretching back to the late 1800's when Jewish population was a considerable minority of essentially Arab Jews living peaceably with their Arab Muslim neighbours in contradiction to the zionist myth of a "land without a people".

Over 700,000 Palestinians forcibly expelled and countless pre-existing towns and villages levelled to create that myth are part of the documented historic record and even acknowledged snidely by David Ben Gurion, a chief founder of the modern state. The quote was provided in an earlier post which of course you yourself chose to avoid responding to. Another example of the pot calling the kettle black.
  • Options
    As for your Arab migration theory, I suggest you confirm what you seem so ready to accept so long as it reinforces your preconceived position. Those "Arabs" would more than likely be Arab Christians, not Arab Muslims and thus accepted for their pro-zionist beliefs, not their ethnicity or religion.

Makes a big difference in the assertion of endorsement you are attempting to make if you only paint half the picture. A typical PR ploy and intellectually dishonest to the core.
  • Options
    Just to add that I've found the link to the marriage law story:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3152651.stm

I mean, that is beyond Apartheid... That's bordering on the N word to be honest!
    On 31 July the Israeli parliament approved a law preventing Palestinians married to Israelis from gaining Israeli citizenship or residency.

Like in Denmark...
  • Options
    Is it the same in Denmark??? Fucking disgusting fascist racist shit if you ask me...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    As for your Arab migration theory, I suggest you confirm what you seem so ready to accept so long as it reinforces your preconceived position. Those "Arabs" would more than likely be Arab Christians, not Arab Muslims and thus accepted for their pro-zionist beliefs, not their ethnicity or religion.

Makes a big difference in the assertion of endorsement you are attempting to make if you only paint half the picture. A typical PR ploy and intellectually dishonest to the core.

Funny that on my recent trip the group metup with traditional Israeli Arabs (Muslims, not to mention the Druze) and Bedouins, and both parts expressed a joy of being in Israel and not in another Muslim country.

Also the other day they interviewed a young guy who was originally a Palestinian Muslim. Now he has converted to Judaism and protesting against the diseangagement plan.
  • Options
    Is it the same in Denmark??? Fucking disgusting fascist racist shit if you ask me...
    Sorry, just realised that I misread.
    But the process of getting a foreigner into the country is a hard process.
    The Danish part needs to be above 24, the equivalent of 5,000 pounds in an account, and to guarantee that the partner won't be a weight on the state. Not even then is the person guaranteed to stay.
    Know of a couple who had to return to Israel as the connection to Israel was deemed stronger than the one to Denmark, by the state.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Sorry to burst your bubble Disillusioned but knowing the source of a claim is very much a legitimate facet of verifying its credibility as a true accounting or a wholly ideology-endorsing propaganda effort.

Now my good man, after that nice post, can you then please justify posting this link http://members.fortunecity.com/911/palestine/war-criminals.htm
    which doesn't even consist of the name of the writer?