Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

How clever of Ariel Sharon. I wonder what'll happen next...

Hamas spiritual leader assassinated

Another 'victory' in the so-called war on terror then. Now, let me make something clear first: Ahmed Yassin was a fucking nutter and a scumbag. But what on earth is Israel trying to achieve by this? When are they going to learn that they will never impair- let alone disable- Hamas by assassinating its members?

And yes, Yassin had been responsible for the deaths of Israelis in the past. But not any more, and for a long time at that. So not only Israel makes a mockery of international law once again, it chooses to launch a guided missile on an old and invalid man as he was being pushed on his wheelchair.

Unsurprisingly there has been a massive uproar. Unsurprisingly relations with Israel’s neighbours will have been set back another 10 years. And undoubtedly the IDF has just enlarged the list of would-be suicide bombers by a couple of thousands. Hamas must be very grateful indeed for this MASSIVE boost to its support and membership. What a masterpiece this was…

The tragic news about this is not the death of Yassin. The tragic news will be, god forbid, the deaths of many dozens if not hundreds of innocent Israeli citizens over the next few months as a direct retaliation for the assassination of Yassin. In this respect, Ariel Sharon will have his hands covered in Israeli blood just as much as the suicide bombers themselves.

For the sake of everyone, I truly hope the butcher of Tel Aviv and his fanatic-plagued government are voted out at the next Israeli elections and banished forever.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Al, you should realise by now that Israel and its expansionistic goals are a significant focus of the PNAC agenda and that the doctrine of perpetual war is precisely what they along with the present US administration are intending to fuel. Creating numerous new recruits for organisations which dare to fight back against this hegemonic agenda only provides more people to label "terrorist" (nevermind that we are supporting and aiding (when not perpetrating ourselves) is far greater terrorism and misery to far greater numbers of people around the globe).

Orwell got it right.
  • Options
    Is there any chance that this killing will ever end?
  • Options
    Highly unlikely unless the present status quo is thoroughly overturned by progressivism.
  • Options
    Not without outside intervention, since the people in position to end all of this are not prepared to do so.
  • Options
    So why dont the European governments do all they can to prevent this, surely it is more dangerous than the war on terror, then again it technically is terrorism, surely they should do all they can stop it.
  • Options
    Because even in Europe the status quo remains largely the same as that which drives the US and other rapidly rising nations, namely "what is good for business is good for society".

Shatter that myth in the minds of the spin saturated masses and perhaps those who have perpetrated the most prolific and ongoing evils in the world can be indicted under the very "rule of law" upon which they so readily pontificate with regard to the wrongs of weaker nations.
  • Options
    What a lovely day...

That was what got me up this morning.
    Don't get me wrong, I have already started to tell people "if I die, then you can get my..." for when I visit Israel two weeks from now.

But if anyone dedserved such a death, then it was the dear Yassin.
    Weelchair or no weelchair, only God knows that he deserved much worse than that.
  • Options
    He might have deserved it but I don't think it was a very clever thing to do for many different reasons.

Ultimately a lot of innocent blood is likely to be spilled as a result, rather than the opposite.
  • Options
    He may have deserved it but what about the innocents who will be killed in future revenge attacks.

This has done nothing except create another martyr and recruit more potential suicide bombers.
  • Options
    Unfortunately there probably will.
    But a source of hatred is gone. And with the things he spited out, I really doubt that anyone will match up to him. Thank God.

Now I hope he rottens ín hell with his 72 moustached virgins (who're probably virgins for a reason).
  • Options
    I'm now looking forward to similar condemnation of any Palestinians attacks...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    I'm now looking forward to similar condemnation of any Palestinians attacks...
    Why? Cause someone going to the supermarket can be compared to someone who tells that it's the will of God to kill Jews, and that every Palestinian should be ready to die for the cause?

Not in my world.
  • Options
    No, because the death of this scrote will be used an an excuse to kill more innocent people and yet very little will be said by members of this board about that.

Oh, except to blame te Israelis for it.
  • Options

When haven't they been blaimed for causing their own deaths?
  • Options
    No, because the death of this scrote will be used an an excuse to kill more innocent people and yet very little will be said by members of this board about that.

You have a point. I think the reason for this is that Israel is viewed as a 'western' country. Don't forget they are the ones with all the military hardware, tanks, helicoptors, planes and of course the atomic bomb.

Dealing with terrorism like this doesn't seem the right way to go about it. Imagine if the British had done similar things in certain districts of Belfast? The world would have gone ape.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    When haven't they been blaimed for causing their own deaths?

I'm not saying what Israel did this morning was right, nor am I saying that it will have a positive effect.

I just find it ironic that we can have a thread devoted to the death of a terrorist but we seem to be able to ignore the deaths of innocents. Both lead to revenge attacks, we all know that, but once again Israel is portrayed as "the bad guy".

They attacked this man for a reason, not because he happened to be a Palestinian. Sadly he has just become another martyr and a rally call for terrorism. It was a no-win situation.
  • Options
    It was a no-win situation.

I am afraid you are correct, does anyone see this conflict ever ending without the complete destruction of one side?
  • Options
    MoK, misunderstood your post to begin with.

Either way, the conflict will end once the Palestinian leaders start encouraging to life and not death.
    Basically Israel is the ones with the military and weapons. They're the ones who have what the Palestinians want.
    So maybe the Palestinians should show some good-will and stop their terror activities and they'll be able to gain what they want.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Either way, the conflict will end once the Palestinian leaders start encouraging to life and not death.

It would be a start.

This is the kind of thing which annoys me:
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Unsurprisingly relations with Israel’s neighbours will have been set back another 10 years.

Not the comment itself, but the message it suggests from Israel's neighbours.

They should be loudly saying, good bye and good riddance. They should be sending the message that actually they support the killing of known terrorists - that negotiation is the means forward and that people who preach violence have no place.

I don't think anyone here thinks respects what Yassin stood for, but we seem to have forgotten that there was no negotiation stance possible with this man. He wanted Israel off the map. Nothing else would do...
  • Options
  • Options
    Actually one's politics will very much determine just whom one considers to be repulsive and animalistic, especially when it comes to this long running conflict.
  • Options
  • Options
    Yes, some of us see both sides as "repulsive and animalistic" in their approach.

Others find excuses for terrorists...
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Actually one's politics will very much determine just whom one considers to be repulsive and animalistic, especially when it comes to this long running conflict.

Why don't you just join him? I'm sure they have more than 72 hairy virgins.

You and your views, won't be missed :)
  • Options
    Why is everyone condemning suicide bombers, whens the last time you've lived beside a massive barrier restricting you from the outside world, when's the last time a helicopter attacked your town, or soldiers shooting at your children, I know if i was a Palestine or even a Jew i'd pick up a gun and fight.
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough
    Why is everyone condemning suicide bombers, whens the last time you've lived beside a massive barrier restricting you from the outside world, when's the last time a helicopter attacked your town, or soldiers shooting at your children, I know if i was a Palestine or even a Jew i'd pick up a gun and fight.

er because suicide bombs kill innocent people, they're not hitting milarty targets, it's civillians, where I come from, that's called murder.
  • Options
    Oh and Israel have never killed an innocent person :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by turlough

Are you for real?

The French experienced the same thing in the 1940's, how many civilians did they kill?

How many times did they drive a truck full of explosives into blocks of flats?

They didn't, because it DOESNT work.

Unless you have the power to SIGNIFICANTLY damage or destroy a country like we have there is no point to attacking civilians, all it does is aggravate the country you have attacked.
    Look what happened to America, they were quite happy sending the odd cruise missile to some unknown training camp, UNTIL Bin Laden decided to destroy a couple of skyscrapers.
    Same with the Israelis, they get suicide bombed so they respond by assasinating someone. When did they even deliberately target civvies?
  • Options
    Well some of us consider the conflict from the perspective of its absolute beginning which commenced with brutal criminal terrorist acts by those Europeans (and non-semites thank you very much) who first came to impose their designs for the creation of the state toward the end of the first World War up until they achieved their goal.

Given the fact that since the very start it is the actual semitic peoples who have been systematically bombed, shot, driven off land their families held for hundreds of years (i know a few such families in fact) or otherwise evicted/deported, one who sides with the victims of perpetual injustice will certainly dismiss the historic revisionism that has been used to dampen all international debate and scrutiny of the truth.

Until people begin to exercise a bit more intellectual honesty by admitting that they too would fight on regardless of odds if it were their families evicted at gunpoint, bombed, sniper attacked, bulldozed etc, as well as their enitre town/city/county or god forbid country were occupied by those whose demonstrated agenda is to grab ever increasing amounts of land, this conflict will continue to be described ad infinitum in terms of poor Israeli victims and terrible Palestinian terrorists (when in fact the true history is precisely the opposite).

In the end if one wishes to be fair, either both sides should be labelled as terrorists or neither side should. If the latter, then what we are dealing with isn't a matter of terrorism, but an ongoing war crime against which Palestinians have been fighting (without any support from the international community and its supposed "rule of law") since the British gave up and left the Irgun to its dirty work.

http://www.wrmea.com/backissues/0196/9601059.html

http://www.mediamonitors.net/harunyahya21.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/events/israel_at_50/history/78601.stm

(I strongly recommend you read carefully the links provided and do some further research, Whowhere, if you have so little knowledge of the numerous cases where "civvies" were purposely targetted by Israelis).

Then go on to read about Sabra and Shatila.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Whowhere
    Same with the Israelis, they get suicide bombed so they respond by assasinating someone. When did they even deliberately target civvies?

yea the Palestinians were quite happy to do a bit of talking but that didn't work either
    you are yet another person fooled by western propaganda, do u genuinely think that the average israeli soldier stands there and says to himself "right now i'm goin to shoot the terrorist out of that crowd of 200 people", get a grip, they shoot anyone in their sight and they don't care, long live the heroes of Palestine.