Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Up to 140 murdered in Madrid by c*nts

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i fucking hate it when people selectively cut and paste bits of what other people right without regard for the context it was written in,
    I stated my reasons why i hope it is Al-Qaeda instead of ETA, would you like me to spell them out again, or would you prefer actually reading my whole post and not just 1 line.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Bacon, you are being a bit obnoxious. Tone it down a bit.....
  • Options
    Originally posted by bacon
    fuck 9/11.

it is the 11th of september, thus 11/9

any logical human, or animal even can see that dates should be written ddmmyy, smallest unit to largest.

americans are fucking retarded, until they learn this, lets keep bombing them.

:lol:

I know I shouldn't, but I find this funny.

The point still stands that 11 September does not translate to 9/11, it translates to 11/9. Unless you're all Yanks now.
  • Options
    I very much doubt that the number of the American emergancy services has anything to do with it.

Surely if it was Al Queda and they wanted to do something on the aniversary wouldnt they just wait till 11th September itself? That would make much more sense.

They might want to attack Spain because of their stance on the war in Iraq. And given that they are slightly lower down the list of targeted countries they may have been a softer target, Al Queda has been going for softer targets of late.
  • Options
    i think that this is the work of ETA or Basque sympathisers, why would Al Qaeda bomb spain, it isn't exactly a hotbed of western oppression, they havde no real motive to attack any spanish target whereas ETA have many, they want freedom from spain and have been subject to sanctions.
  • Options
    News just in from Spain that ETA have spoken and they deny they did it.

I just don't know what to think any more. As far as I'm concerned it could be anything . Perhaps ETA did it but deny responsability to avoid losing support (while at the same time sending a message to the government, which presumably knows or will know who did it). Or perhaps they're telling the truth and they didn't do it at all, in which case it must have been Al Qaida or cells sympathetic to them.

In a bizarre way I almost wish it weren't ETA. We all know they're murdering scumbags, but an atrocity of this magnitude is on a different level and could signal the start of a truly atrocious campaign.

On the other hand if it were Al Qaida that did it we could all, anywhere in Europe be looking at very difficult times indeed.

I just hope those who did it are caught asap.
  • Options
    I've just heard on the news that police found a stolen van with detenators in the back and a video tape with Islamic readings on in a city which the trains passed through. I don't have any links or anything though as i've just heard it.

Also heard that in a London based Arabic newspaper, there were comments about getting revenge on the crusaders who forced the Arabs back to the East after the conquered Spain, which would certainly explain the whole Al Qaida thing.

It's scary stuff. Whoever carried out the attacks, it's disgusting. Poor families. But it's really good to see how united the people of Spain are.

Edited to add:
    Conflicting evidence

But on Thursday the interior minister said a stolen van had been found near the route of the trains containing detonators and a recording of Koranic verses - possibly indicating Islamic militant involvement.

A message purportedly from the Abu Hafs al-Masri Brigades was also sent to a UK-based Arabic newspaper saying it had attacked "America's ally in its war against Islam" on behalf of al-Qaeda.

Found it on BBC News here

(Sorry if it's already been posted up, haven't had time to read the whole thread).
  • Options
    The detonators and Arabic tapes might have been placed there as a decoy by ETA though, in the hope that they would be found just as they deny all responsibility. It has the makings of an ETA style attack, but then also the makings of an AQ attack. Perhaps they are collaborating?
  • Options
    Or planted there by our own intelligence agencies as a plausible tactic to continue capitalising and fueling public sentiment towards the perpetual war on terror which is opening up the floodgates of government contracts for the military industrial complex. remember spanish public opinion was consistently against the Iraq war and increasingly against the expansion of conflicts elsewhere in the region.

Make it look like they are under attack regardless and it's the simplest means of diverting sentiment right into line with the prevailing agenda. Makes one wonder about the bombings in Turkey too, where the public was dead set against aiding the US fight.

Anyone could park a van with some arabic recordings and plausibly incriminating paraphenalia.
  • Options
    Oh oh... Look at what time Clandestine posted (mainland European time that is).

Not taking a dig. Just found it comical with all the relations to the number 9-11 people are making.
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Matadore
    This is why we must continue the War on Terror with all our strength.

The answer lies in killing all the fucking terrorist scum we find.

Opened your eyes a bit eh Aladdin? Slightly less naive now?

:rolleyes:

:lol: The US should stop bullying other countries if it WANTS to stop being a target for terrorists!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Oh oh... Look at what time Clandestine posted
    i have to agree with the possibility clan puts. british inteligence have been found guilty of bombings and blaming the ira!
    if it's eta they'll deal with it internaly ...the security forces do actualy know who these people are but ...good politics at the moment for islamic evidence to be found nearby ...look at 9/11 ...and yes it has become 9/11 because it was american ...what did they find imediately? cars in the carparks of airports with korans ...with islamic tapes ...with islamic id's ...i've never been happy about this.

ALADIN ...glad to hear your family and freinds are ok. when the IRA hit the very heart of manchester ...causing the biggest explosion on british soil since the second world war ...i was out of the country and very relieved to find i knew not a soul who had been killed burned or maimed. my sympathies are with your countrymen.

there is no way alquida would dream of working with a western terrorist group ...come on ...lets get real.
  • Options
    The Arabic readings in the back of the van were a beginners guide to Arabic or something similar....hardly the hallmarks of Al-Qaeda.
  • Options
    I didn't mean the guide was a sign of an Al-Qaeda attack, I mean the co-ordination of it all, with 13 bombs on 4 trains all headed for the same station. ETA attacks are never this well planned. ETA attacks are normally preceeded by warnings. ETA also generally targets political figures, whilst Al-Qaeda targets ordinary civilians to cause panic.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    :lol:

I know I shouldn't, but I find this funny.

The point still stands that 11 September does not translate to 9/11, it translates to 11/9. Unless you're all Yanks now.
    As Mr. Roll has testified, we get the designation from the Americans and all their coverage of that day, and that's how they record it. No-one has described the latest atrocity as 311 yet, although it might be interesting to see what could be made from calculating various 311 day periods, as well as 119 (not that they'll continue to be so predictable if a pattern does emerge). As I have said, not-quite-random timing carries an element of risk, which makes the attacks seem slightly less cowardly. Actually carrying out another attack on September 11th would be pretty dumb, though.
  • Options
    Thanks for the concern Mr Roll (and all others who have expressed it in the last few days). I've just learned my brother in law was on a train about 2 miles out of the station when the bombs went off. His train had to back away from it, and he literally missed the carnage by 2 minutes. My sister was due to be on that platform half hour later. This is a terminus that receives trains from all over the commuter belt. Workers, students, shoppers, mostly from humble working class suburb towns. What a nice ‘legitimate’ target they presented...

The whole thing is turning political now. My sister phoned this morning to get a different perspective on the atrocity because most of the Spanish media is pointing the finger at ETA and leaving little room for other possibilities. Naturally it is in the interest of the Spanish PM to blame ETA and not Al Qaida as the latter would be seen as a revenge for Spain's involvement in a war 91% of the population disagreed with. There is also widespread suspicion that the government is withholding information and that a lot more will be revealed a few days after the election.
  • Options
    Well if it wasn't truly perpetrated by ETA or Al Qaeda (or any faction thereof) you can be certain that no "official" investigation will determine those actually responsible.
  • Options
    Nice to see where the priorities of the wonderful Spanish government lie...

Spanish government 'orders embassies to say ETA did it'

Lest the Spanish dare to think there might be a chance they were targeted for Aznar's love-in with Dubya and his Iraqi adventures... The PP Party mustn't damage the chance of winning the election at any cost obviously.

:rolleyes:
  • Options
    They've said that the bombs were set off by mobile phones..very scary stuff!

Also, five suspects have been arrested. The story's here
  • Options
    yeah - they say they found a mobile phone in a carrier bag with an unexploded bomb!! What a mistake to make! they arrested 5 people who were connected to the phone!!
  • Options
    Always amazing how readily the public will believe that such precision planners seem to leave such convenient and identifying paraphenalia around to be suddenly discovered shortly after these events.

If city police squads had such snap bang wrapups of cases the guinness book of world records would undoubtedly be printing up a new supplement.

But its obviously less hassle to believe such suspects are even plausible than to dig beyond the cover stories.

And the War on Truth continues undeterred.
  • Options
    Apparently Al Qaeda have claimed responsobility(sp?)...

FAO Aladdin and Clandestine, the source might be Israeli. But it's a leftist one with no immedeate interest in blaiming arabs and muslims.
  • Options
    can i just say as a resident of spain, is was not ETA they would have owned up immediately.

2) it was exactly 6 months away from 9/11 .

3) it was exactly 911 day since 9/11

4) people are now being so causous here. gripping on to bags on the train, not taking the train, to going to the shops, all sorts. it's very sureal and unfortunatly on our door step again

5) damn them for going against the majority of the country and going to war: 4 million or somethingon a peace march in malaga, i don't have 1 friend who wasn't there.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    And the War on Truth continues undeterred.

totally agree
  • Options
    Seems to me the Spanish government are damned either way. They obviously don't want to face the prospect that they brought this on their heads by helping to shore up the 'Coalition of the Willing', but the other option means they took their 'eyes off the ball' of a more immediate threat. Isn't the 'War on Terrorism' supposed to be about all terrorism, not just the terrorists who piss off Bush?
  • Options
    The War on Terrorism is about orchestrating public perceptions of fear and outrage sufficiently to ensure that the perpetual gravy train of the MIC doesn't come up against the budgetary axe once again.

We didn't develop sophisticated and planet-wide aparati of state to have it all sit idly by merely collecting data. No, it's far more productive and profitable to help the cause along in a variety of direct and indirect ways.

Of course who is really watching the watchers?

Ah the joys of covert operations and plausible deniability (or plausible diversion as the case may be).
  • Options
    Originally posted by bacon
    fuck 9/11.

it is the 11th of september, thus 11/9

any logical human, or animal even can see that dates should be written ddmmyy, smallest unit to largest.

americans are fucking retarded, until they learn this, lets keep bombing them.

I assumed people this primitive died out sometime after the stone age.

Some people really don't deserve to be called homo sapiens.
  • Options
    Due to 2004 being a leap year, there were 912 days from 11/9/01 to 11/3/04. Not 911.
  • Options
    However we deal with it we have to face facts. We're all a potential target now, fuck what the government has done, we should concentrate on protecting ourselves.
  • Options
    Originally posted by groovechampion
    I assumed people this primitive died out sometime after the stone age.

Some people really don't deserve to be called homo sapiens.
    Yeah? well I agree with the poster who said fuck 9/11 it IS the 11th September or September 11th ...9/11 is a catchy advertising slogan for the bush government. (did he really call Eta the E.T.A?)