Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

second chances

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ......mark your scaring me :eek: lol

people are going to get the wrong idea

love kandy x
  • Options
    Every1 seems 2 think we're at it neway so y dont we give them sumthin 2 gossip about lol :)
  • Options
    em........ok lol!

scary boy keeps looking ahhhhh

love kandy x
  • Options
    I no hes creeping me out 2........ :(

Think he might fancy u lol
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aspartame
    P fuckingM
    You morons.

Also, learn proper English.
    This is not a mobile phone, so don't bloody treat it like one.

dont have to be sooo mean :(
  • Options
    Excuse me but whats up ur ass? We r just havin a laugh!!!!
  • Options
    Relationships are as individual as the individuals in one, so I suppose I'd have to look at my own situation and take it from there. I've cheated before, not proud of it, but it made me realise that I was better off being single, not being unhappy in a relationship, so I'd like to think some good came of it. What's done is done, and I know in my heart, I would never do it again (because I wouldn't put up with being unhappy in a bad relationship in the first place). I can't speak for others. My 2c.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aspartame
    :crying:

Im sorry! didnt mean to upset u, and gr8fcuk is just being mean, hes mean to every1!

4give me?? lol

love kandy x
  • Options
    4give me 2???? Plz :(
  • Options
    get out of my thread. its not here for you to hijack.

he might not even decide he likes me like that, but i think people deserve a second chance. everyone makes mistakes...right?
  • Options
    :no:
  • Options
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    so if someone makes a mistake years ago when they were 14 or 15, for the rest of their live they shouldnt be trusted because they cheated once a LONG time ago?

I thought we were talking about cheating on someone and that same person giving them a second chance? :confused:
  • Options
    Re: second chances
    if someone has cheated in the past, do you think they are more likely to cheat than someone who never has?

and do you think people deserve the chance to regain trust and make amends?

I do think if somebody has cheated in the past theyre more likely to do it again, but having said that, my fella cheated on me and really regretted it i recognised that and has everybody says 'hes now as faithfull as a dog' which is nice to know :D he hasnt hurt me since and its been a year or two now.

Also, i cheated on my fella, learned from it straight away when i saw how hurt he was and now i would never ever ever do it again.

Im so glad i gave him a second chance and even mroe glad he gave me a second chance.

Some people lever learn or change though!
  • Options
    Re: Re: second chances
    Originally posted by lil_minx
    Some people lever learn or change though!

but they should have the chance to change

and faith...i think we are...but im kinda confused now too!
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: second chances
    but they should have the chance to change

i never said they shouldnt, like i said i gave my fella a second chance, but if somebody is obviously not sorry and doesnt regret it ~ then there should be no second chances in that case. They should only get a chance if they want/deserve that chance
  • Options
    Re: Re: Re: Re: second chances
    Originally posted by lil_minx
    i never said they shouldnt

sorry i didnt mean it to sound like i'd challenged you :)
  • Options
    Its ok ***doesnt like being challenged*** :)
  • Options
    Nerdy Science

Prepare yourself for a bit of a lecture....

I recently read an article in the "Economist" which was all about some of the latest scientific theories about love and commitment. It said that one of the leading ideas at present is that there are essentially three parts to love, each controlled by a different part of the brain and by different hormones.

1.) Lust, where all you want to do is stay in bed with each other :naughty:

2.) Romance

and

3.) Long haul love... designed origonally for child-rearing.

Because our brains are compartmentalised like this, it is quite possible to be head-over heels in love with someone but be lusting after another.

Now, I am not saying that this makes cheating right (hell, I'm dead against it!), but it offers a possible explanation. What do you think?

As to my personal experiences, I've cheated on someone (and she probably was cheating on me at the same time), but at that point it was clear to *both* of us that our relationship was all but over anyway.

Should you give someone a second chance?

Well, in general I'm a pretty forgiving person but it would depend on the circumstances.
  • Options
    however much i hate science explaining something like love..

that sounds prettttieeee right. but i'm not goin to say its cus of the fooking brain, but of the soul. yes.

if i cheated on someone i wouldn't really go back to them even if i did feel at times it would 'work'

and after bitchface i will never take back a girl who cheated. ever. there are far too many other people in the world to have to bother.
  • Options
    I'm usually up for giving people second chances. Life is too short and these things happen...I've cheated on boyfriends in the past (not on a grand scale though) and I've also been cheated on. It's not nice, and it depends on the situation whether I take them back or not. But whenever I have cheated, it's meant the relationship is over in my head, cos if I really like the person I don't get myself into situations where I could cheat in the first place.
  • Options
    get out of my thread. its not here for you to hijack.

he might not even decide he likes me like that, but i think people deserve a second chance. everyone makes mistakes...right?

sorry didnt mean to gatecrash your thread! xx

love kandy x