Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

do guys think girls have to b stick thin to b sexy?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    One thing always strimes me about these threads though:

How many people say "nah, its the personality wot matters", especially girls, who then go off and say that they desire slim blokes with good muscle definition.

Just an observation.
  • Options
    Yeh I notice that quite abit too. I was going to explain something about it but Its just gone. Just, just went... :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by ~*STRESSED*~
    I believe that to be sexy you have to be stick thin which is why I don't think I'm sexy. I'm not thin. :rolleyes:

I think confidence is probably the most sexy thing there is?

And someone that is confident in themselves is probably one of the most atractive qualities you can have.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    If you look at these so called 'super sexy' models, you know the ones which are really thin, then no I would not class them as sexy. Some of them actually look quite ill.
    I dont know which ones you mean, but I think most of those skinny models are sexy, I think Kate Moss is gorgeous. I do personally think most people look better slim - especially naked, but its up to the individual what size they want to be (to a certain extent)
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    If you look at these so called 'super sexy' models, you know the ones which are really thin, then no I would not class them as sexy. Some of them actually look quite ill.

have to agree with this.

they don't look too bad on tv and in magazines, cause of the camera adds 10 lbs rule. but in real life they look loads thinner.

i had a lot of dealings with models when i was a fashion student, and although some of them have great figures, a lot of them just look poorly.

there were times we had to change our designs to hide a bit of bone sticking out where it shoudn't.

and for faithy and all the other naturally tiny people - you can really tell when someone is naturally skinny, and when they've been starving themselves. naturally skinny people have normal looking faces, narrow hips, which means their legs are closer together, and they look right at that weight. people who starve themselves have gaunt faces, wider, jutting hips, and big gaps between their legs. if it's natural, it looks good. if it's forced, it looks so, so wrong.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin

and for faithy and all the other naturally tiny people - you can really tell when someone is naturally skinny, and when they've been starving themselves. people who starve themselves have gaunt faces, wider, jutting hips, and big gaps between their legs. if it's natural, it looks good. if it's forced, it looks so, so wrong.

my friend is looking like that :( she's really tall and doesn't eat much so her hip bones jut out and her face is starting to look gaunt :\ its really not attractive!

i agree with what you both said rb and kaffrin.
  • Options
    TV and magazines are not a good way to judge how pretty a girl looks. This is why.

Really skinny girls, naturally or not, do nothing for me at all. But those who are forcedly skinny look really ill, and, to be quite honest, illness is not a sexy look. Naturally skinny girls can look sexy, but they have to dress well to achieve it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    TV and magazines are not a good way to judge how pretty a girl looks. This is why.
    Shit,im so please you showed me this link, I never realised how much things are actually air brushed.
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky
    Shit,im so please you showed me this link, I never realised how much things are actually air brushed.

Neither did I.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    I dont know which ones you mean,

The ones kaffrin talked about.

they just look painfully thin, their faces look kind of drawn in and sometimes the outfits hang on them and you can see all the bones sticking out. Just does not look very nice to me.
  • Options
    My current boyf saw me in the salon were i work some 3 1/2 months ago and i was 7.7stone i had no tits, my hips were sticking out a lil and my face was more defind n now i'm 9stone and so much better but because i was anorexic some yrs ago i'm scared of getting fat but he insists and i believe him "I love you for you, yes I liked your figure when you were skinny but now you are so damn sexy with a lust lil pair of tits!"

I'm also bi and I've been with a skinny girl with gorg boobs and ave. girl with gorg body and a slightly over weight girl and it doesn't make a diff. Same with guys. if you show you're confadent and don't give a ~~~~ THAT is wat is REALLY sexy.

~Anya :p
  • Options
    Do girls think guys have to b stick thin to b sexy?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Capacity
    Do girls think guys have to b stick thin to b sexy?

I'm a guy but I reckon the answer wud be no :p

'traditionally' the sexy girl is a small, petit, thin slim girl with a pretty face etc. and 'traditionally' the sexy guy is a bit rough around the edges, toned chest + stomach, and sometimes a bit of stubble.

However, as has been pointed out many times - every1 varies and the only reason these 'tradition' sexy stereotypes exist is because of what popular writers etc. think. We are too influenced by stories - whether on tv, in books, at the cinema or what else.
  • Options
    Hm. In my experience girls always criticize men who are only attracted to 'thin' girls but women do the exact same thing with guys... which is why I make an amazing effort to stay in good shape.

Tbh I think theres something about sexywelshbabe's posts that are majorly one-sided.