Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

do guys think girls have to b stick thin to b sexy?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    theres a good chance this thread could get exciting ...pass the chocolates.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *x*l'il miss socks*x*
    However with me it presents a problem because I have quite curvy hips and stuff, but a 36A bust, so I'm slightly disproportioned.
    But, you're, like, 15, arent' you? You've still got some growing to do yet, and no doubt your bust will get a bit bigger yet. You're right to not worry about it though. There are just as many blokes who like a neater bust, rather than a big one.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by *x*l'il miss socks*x*
    It all depends on the bloke.

However with me it presents a problem because I have quite curvy hips and stuff, but a 36A bust, so I'm slightly disproportioned. I used to get really paranoid about it, but now I think if they don't like it they don't like it, if they do then yay for me! If someone doesn't like what you look like and judges you on that then they aren't really worth talking to!

Wow that's such a great attitude ... well done dear.

And like Mr Wobble says you're only 15 so those Puppies are probablly still growing and if not .... no big deal - whatever your size and shape there's gonna be someone that thinks you're the best thing since sliced bread!! :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    I'm not quite sure how to take that....:eek2:
    Erm, that may have come out wrong. :blush: Not having seen a full length pic of you it's hard to see whether I think you are too skinny, but that pic of your navel does show how thin your waist is - ie very.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    Exactly. So stop whinging you lot. Faith's finally twigged that it's not too important.
    Mind you, your friend may have to watch watch she's eating incase she starts creeping up a size. Mind you, I say that without even seeing her.

Mr_Wobble ;)

If she starts to creep up a size, power to her. Marilyn Monroe was a size 16. Anyway, it's got nothing to do with you. What gives you the right to pass judgement on Faith's friend like that? She might think you shouldn't put any more weight on or you'd be unattractive...how would that make you feel?
  • Options
    Marilyn Monroe was a US 16, which I believe is a UK 14. Which is a normal size IMHO.

I dont prefer any size, to be quite honest. Slim but curvy with quite small breasts would be my "type" if I had to choose, but its quite low down my list of priorities. Physically the face is the most important bit, you can be slim but if you have a face like a sack of chisels then I wouldnt find you attractive.

Personality counts for a lot more than people give it credit for, I dont care how slim and beautiful a girl is, if she hides away in the corner and never says a word then people wont go out with her. Simple as.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Personality counts for a lot more than people give it credit for.

Totally agree, but as we're on the subject...

I don't think you can put an exact size on what's too skinny, it's a lot easier to go on what it looks like. I guess different sizes suit different people in many different ways.

I can't really say what I prefer, because it's not what I look for in a person. But if I had to choose I'd say maybe a little under average (whatever the average is today).

But if I like someone for who they are, I don't care how big/small they are.
  • Options
    Marilyn Monroe was a US 16, which I believe is a UK 14. Which is a normal size IMHO.

Usually US sizes are bigger than their label. For example an American small is a European medium.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Usually US sizes are bigger than their label.

Heheheh is that so they don't feel fat? Sorry to any Americans :(
  • Options
    In answer to the question, you dont have to be a certain size to be sexy :no:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mr_Wobble
    Erm, that may have come out wrong. :blush: Not having seen a full length pic of you it's hard to see whether I think you are too skinny, but that pic of your navel does show how thin your waist is - ie very.

Well thanks for your comments, stud :rolleyes:

I'm sorry that I don't live up to your high standards of what a woman should look like, but hey you don't live up to mine :p
  • Options
    Well, a lot of overweight people are ugly, and a lot of normal sized people are gorgeous. Don't shoot me. But, on the flipside, i have seen loads of gorgeous people who are overweight, and loads of visciously ugly people who have stereotypically perfect sized bodies. Personalities and all that..
  • Options

I'm sorry that I don't live up to your high standards of what a woman should look like, but hey you don't live up to mine :p

meow!
  • Options
    Originally posted by lipsy
    meow!

Well sorry, but the whole topic is about whether size matters and Mr Wobble has just proved that it does by commenting about my size without ever having met me or even seen a proper photo. Why he (or any man) thinks they can make comments when they are far from model material themselves I don't know :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by HunnyPot
    What gives you the right to pass judgement on Faith's friend like that?
    Calm down! Calm down! I did say I'd said that without seeing what she looked like. Some people carry weight better than others, and some don't. Hunnypot, have you got any issues you need to talk about? :D

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options

You're welcome, sexy.
    Hey, who said you didn't live up to my standards? You certainly do. ;)

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by DiamondGeezer
    And like Mr Wobble says you're only 15 so those Puppies are probablly still growing and if not .... no big deal - whatever your size and shape there's gonna be someone that thinks you're the best thing since sliced bread!! :D

Heh :blush: I think I already got one of those to be honest :)

And I had a revelation last night. And today. I actually really like me. As in my body. I was feeling a bit mad this morning so I put on the shortest skirt I own (not exactly miniscule but short enough when you got 3 1/2 foot legs :p) and bright pink fishnets and I looked at me in the mirror and I thought ooooooooooooh cool! I looked rather good if I do say so myself (or as good as you can look when you're wearing a miniskirt and bright pink fishnets in the middle of December :p)! And although my stomach needs toning. Seriously. I still like it. And my chest. And my bum (never saw that one coming) wooooooooooo I feel great! I think it's probably more to do with me feeling good in my head which is even better! Yaaaaaaaaaaaay go me!

Sorry I don't mean to go on about me, I'm just feeeeeeeeeeelin' gooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
  • Options

a US size 16 is actually around a UK size 22.

i think it's more likely she was an old-style UK 16, which is a figure of 36-28-38 according to my vintage pattern. which would be about a modern size 12.

but in her days women were generally different shapes to modern women...

but now i'm rambling.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    a US size 16 is actually around a UK size 22.

i think it's more likely she was an old-style UK 16, which is a figure of 36-28-38 according to my vintage pattern. which would be about a modern size 12.

I stand corrected:)
  • Options
    NO, a woman can be great looking but just an areshole which makes them more unattractive than anything- ie: my ex

Some women look good skinny with small breasts-
    Some look good with curves in the right places. I like both to an extent- but would prefer athletic to be honest-

I think they need the right attitude and personality to be sexy-
    Looks are kinda first impressions really!
  • Options
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    if you think that then you're mistaken. the number of people that think its perfectly acceptable to tell me that i should lose weight amazes me.

:yes: I know what you mean. It really shocked me the first time someone did that. I wouldn't go up to someone and say
    "You need to put on weight, you look too thin", so I don't think it is acceptable for someone to come up to me and say
    "You need to lose weight, you look too fat."
  • Options
    I like this thread. I've been feeling really down and had been trying to lose weight recently but I just don't have the willpower. I know I'm not fat cos I'm only a size 10-12 but I'm really heavy (11 stone) and sometimes I just feel like a big lump.

Having said that, I do like my boobs the size they are (34DD/E), and whenever I've lost weight in the past they've been the first thing to go, so I think I'll just stick to the way I am.

Woohoo I'm going to go get some chocolate to celebrate how wonderfully sexy I am just the way I am.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lisa simpson's saxophone
    Woohoo I'm going to go get some chocolate to celebrate how wonderfully sexy I am just the way I am.

Where as after this thread I wont. Don't anyone go moaning that people only get stick about being too fat, you get as much of a slagging off for being skinny :rolleyes:
  • Options
    I know Faith, I think it's bang out of order for anyone *glares at Mr. Wobble* to make any sort of personal comment about someone's figure whether it's that they're too fat or too thin. I think it must be so frustrating when people say you're 'too skinny' when that's just the way you are. Some people actually eat tonnes of food yet stay incredibly skinny and can't even put on an ounce of weight so it's not right to say to them 'you're too skinny, you should put some weight on' just as it's not right to tell someone to lose weight.

And I'm also unimpressed about what you said about Faith's friend, Mr. Wobble. I don't care how it was meant, you don't say that someone needs to 'watch what they eat' or whatever it was just because they're a certain dress size. It's completely possible to be a size 14 without carrying any excess weight. Comments like that, however harmless, are just going to make people feel shit about themselves if they're sensitive about their figures to start with. So even if you didn't mean it insultingly, it was.

I don't like this thread so much now that I think about it...
  • Options
    the moral of this thread is
    • mr wobble is a horrible horrible man :p
    • weight doesn't matter at all, its all about how pretty the face is.

i agree with that, i've had quite the whole range really......
  • Options
    No, girls don't have to be stick thin. Guys go for different things. I think, biologically, they like child bearing hips. And a flat stomach is supposed to signify that you're not pregnant, so you are (theoretically) available. I read this in a book by the way!

I have never had a stranger tell me I should lose weight (only a nurse, ages ago, which upset me, because although it was true at the time, she said it in quite a mean way). Certain members of my family are obsessed with my weight, perhaps more than I am, and always comment on it, why don't they mind their own business?

Life is too short to diet and worry, as long as I am not hugely, morbidly obese, a few extra pounds doesn't bother me that much.

I think when you get a bit older, people stop being so cruel. When I was at school, the girls there (including myself!) could be really bitchy, especially about peoples weight. It's just competitiveness. And immature teenage boys, the best insults they can come up with, are "frigid" or "fat".

I remember being called fat by teenage boys, when looking back, I was perfectly normal and not at all fat.
  • Options
  • Options
    Originally posted by ~*STRESSED*~
    I believe that to be sexy you have to be stick thin which is why I don't think I'm sexy. I'm not thin. :rolleyes:

Yeah, and youre wrong. So shut up.
  • Options
    If you look at these so called 'super sexy' models, you know the ones which are really thin, then no I would not class them as sexy. Some of them actually look quite ill. I think this is the problem, magazines and the catwalks use really skinny models and then girls automatically 'think' thats what a guy wants.

So if you are slim or even if you are a bit larger if you have a personality that will shine through. No fella wants a 'super sexy' woman if she has no personality. So to all you girls out there try to forget about your weight and just let people see the 'real' you :)

Stick thin to me makes people look poorly.
  • Options
    I'm not a man but I think whether you're a stick insect or a hippopotamus, if your personality is beautiful then that is how others will perceive you, if not at first then at some point, and that is all that will matter to the right guy.