Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Goths: Turn on or turn off?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by the doc horatio
    Though I have never had expriences with Scottish male genitals.....or any genitals for that matter.................

Just keep right on digging...:p
  • Options
    Ok for anyone that has said 'all goths are ugly' take a look at my pic and tell me if you think im ugly.
    I may be a 'goth' if i am forsed to streiotype myself, and i may be depressed and i have a bad home life and a fucked up sister with autism. But i dnt go on about it and dnt say that no one understands and i dnt refuse help and try to attention seek like the lil teeny bopper goths do. I dnt wear much make up, same amout as a 'normal' person, just happens to be in colours that suit me better which is black eyeliner (but not ott) and a lil bit of lippy.
    Also all goths are steriotyped to listen to rock and all that depressing shit. i used to when i was a teeny bopper, but not no more. i like rap, r+b, cheese, trance, dance. Goooooooood music, i personally dnt want to be listening to somthing that will make me feel worse such as 'staind'

ok rant over for now.

Zella
  • Options
    I'm bi and a was seeing this goth girl for 4 months and my god was she sexy to me!!! and even better in bed but as Zella said (i think) way too many issues!!! But i still love her to this day and i get jealous of her other girlf even tho i'm seeing a guy.

~Anya
  • Options
    Sorry Zella, but I reckon you'd look a lot better if you were more mainstream in those pics. There's a cute girl there just trying to get out :)

What I don't like about goths is the attitude the ones I've met seem to have ("I'm so depressed, life is so hard, boohoo"), jesus christ, life is too short to be depressed.
  • Options
    Originally posted by goose
    Sorry Zella, but I reckon you'd look a lot better if you were more mainstream in those pics. There's a cute girl there just trying to get out :)

:yuck: Cute!!! dnt be silly i dnt want to be cute!
  • Options
    What do you want to be?
  • Options
    I want to be me! i like the way i look and i dnt want to be steriotyped but i am. and if that certian type is cussed i will defend it, cos if people see me as that i dnt want them to be insulting me. ok ive confused myself now. so erm...yea!
  • Options
    Well, if you dress like a sheep, then people expect you to behave like a sheep.
  • Options
    i reckon you look good how you are, zella. and i reckon a lot of people will agree with me.

it's not like there aren't enough 'mainstream' girls for the people who disagree...
  • Options
    Well, if you dress like a sheep, then people expect you to behave like a sheep.

But i dnt dress to be like everyone else. i dress in things i like.
    I dnt like colour! at least not on me. red and purple are the only colours i will willingly wear.l
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    i reckon you look good how you are, zella. and i reckon a lot of people will agree with me.
    Thank you! Mwaa!
  • Options
    im sat here in a rugby top and combat pants, sometimes i put on a nice trendy shirt, and my YSL jeans, CK boxers etc.

sometimes i put on baggies, and a chain round my pocket, and a black shirt or top.

sometimes i prance around naked infront of the mirror to the village people (off topic..)

Im a Dj, i play trance, dance, dnb, rnb, rock, indy, ska, cheese, pop. (although the last 2 are around about the same)

whats your point you ask? so your fucked in the head you assume (although blatently true)

the point is i like the look of both, i like the different sounds, and i look and do good with both, anyone who has any doubts feel free to listen to my trance and rock mixes, and there are plenty of pics of me.

Trendies arent the only closed minded ones, the majority of society is.

Open your Mind, Clothes are expression, Music is Life
  • Options
    Get off the drugs :)

Music isn't life for a lot of us.

Also "clothes are expression" - yep, so why would I be interested in someone expressing themselves as a depressed goth? :)
  • Options
    why would I be interested in someone expressing themselves as a depressed goth? :)

you wouldn't, cause you're narrow minded, but most people would see that she's expressing herself as a Zella, and i'm sure a lot of people would find that attractive.

just because someone likes wearing black and red doesn't mean you have to slap a label on them.

'goth' and 'depressed' are not mutually exclusive.
  • Options
    Music isn't life for a lot of us.

Its no wonder that youre so closed-minded then, music is an important part of life.

Also "clothes are expression" - yep, so why would I be interested in someone expressing themselves as a depressed goth? :)

You are confusing teenyboppers with gothic. Gothic is not "woe is me, Marilyn Manson rocks", gothic clothes are all corsets and dark hair and dark makeup and :yum: You dont have to be depressed to be gothic.

Anyone who closes off a whole group of people because theyre wearing black lipstick is rather pathetic IMHO.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin

I would. Brunettes are just delicious *nod*
  • Options
    so why would I be interested in someone expressing themselves as a depressed goth? :)

Yes i am depressed, yes i wear a lot of black. But i wore lots of black before i became depressed. Ive prefured the colour black ever since i was about 9. Ive only become depressed within the last 6 months or so. It has nothing what so ever to do with what i wear. i would still feel the same way no matter what i was wearing. And i dnt show how im feeling when im out. I put on a big smile and deal with it. I dnt make my slef out to be this depressed person to get attention. i dnt show it at all. so moo!
  • Options
    I can't believe the amount of people who get goths and mini-moshers mixed up in this thread. Oh well.

I think, if done well and properly, then gothic girls and guys can look gorgeous. But people should dress to suit themselves. Zella, I think, looks stunning, whether she classes herself as a goth or not, because it suits her. Not Josephine Bloggs down the road, but her.

The one time I did full gothic look (black velvet skirt, black corset, and I already have nearly black hair) I got a lot of attention from men, not just gothic men, but other men as well. And I didn't paint my face white or use black lipstick or draw on my cheeks with eyeliner as some people do. I wore my usual make up-a little black eyeliner, and plum colour lipstick.

Oh, and not all goths are depressed. So there.
  • Options
    Originally posted by MoonShiner

The one time I did full gothic look (black velvet skirt, black corset, and I already have nearly black hair) I got a lot of attention from men, not just gothic men, but other men as well.
    when you say 'attention' was it like..staring as you walk past in the street? or actual come-ons?
  • Options
    owned goose:yeees:

and why on earth would i want to get off the drugs you silly silly person O.o
  • Options
    Just an expression :)

I didn't mean literally get off them.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Its no wonder that youre so closed-minded then, music is an important part of life.

Now you're the one being closed minded. I listen to music constantly, I just didn't agree with the "music is life" comment.

You are csonfuing teenyboppers with gothic. Gothic is not "woe is me, Marilyn Manson rocks", gothic clothes are all corsets and dark hair and dark makeup and :yum: You dont have to be depressed to be gothic.

Anyone who closes off a whole group of people because theyre wearing black lipstick is rather pathetic IMHO.

Ok. Everyone I've met that dresses like that conforms to the stereotype I mentioned. You must be the first that doesn't. ;)
  • Options
    Ok. Everyone I've met that dresses like that conforms to the stereotype I mentioned. You must be the first that doesn't. ;)

:lol:

Im not goth, I dress like I cant be arsed:D

Though goth is sexy, proper goth anyway. Wearing black eyeliner and a Marilyn hoodie aint goth, wearing a short skirt, a tight corset and fishnets is. Yummy.
  • Options
    eheheh goose, i only do weed anyway....honest :rolleyes:
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    as long as they are not 15 year old goths ... turn on :)

actually ... i dont find much that turns me off *thinking now*
  • Options
    Apparently I'm a 'goth'? Depends what you mean. If you're talking about the mansonite sp00ky kids of today then no ta...

But if you're speaking of the sophisticated velvet goths or vampyrice types then hell yeah! *drools* male or female... I'll take both :p
  • Options
    I'm goth, and I tend to go for goth guys over other guys, mainly because I dig skinny guys in makeup *shrugs*

I dunno, take a look. I attached a pic of me and my boyfriend. I'm the one with short dark hair, painted up like the Crow..
  • Options
    sorry - turn off.
  • Options
    Okay...
    what the fork's 'cheese', and is a mosher like a grunger or a goth, or what ? I find that guy goths tend to be very sexay but can come across as being a bit camp (when they're straight) through the amount of time they spend over their appearance. Iv also found they can sometimes take themselves a bit too seriously. Then again the most interesting conversations I have are with my 'goffnick' mate...he's got a wicked sense of humour and enjoys taking the piss out of his stereotype.
    I find gothic girls extremely sexy too, but Im not talking greasy black hair with roots coming through, eyes that look like they'v been punched and walking at a slope because of the amount of chains theyv got dangling off one leg (the same goes for blokes)...Im on about lace, corsets and vintage-stylee like someone mentioned
    so aye
  • Options
    Originally posted by Astral Willow

I dunno, take a look. I attached a pic of me and my boyfriend. I'm the one with short dark hair, painted up like the Crow..

Your mascara's running.