Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Goths: Turn on or turn off?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This is mainly aimed at the people who don't dress like Goths but all comments are welcome. :)

So how many people are attracted to Goths? I saw a couple today and I thought they were pretty foxy tbh. Maybe because I like women that are a little more mysterious? They wasn't like a Marilin Manson look-a-like though...

Comments

• Options
    A bit of a hint of goth is ok as is a hint of punk. But saying that, it doesnt do much for me.
  • Options
    you can't classify a whole load of people like that.

some goths are hideously ugly, some are drop dead gorgeous.
  • Options
    I get told im a goth, but i think im me. Yes the main colour i wear is black, my hair is black, i wear lots of black eye liner. so thats makes me a goth i guess.
    I do like male goths but i wouldnt date one...waaaaaaaaaaaay to many issuse!

Judge for your slef what you think.
  • Options
    Kaffrin

Ooooooooooh - I like the avatar!!! :)
  • Options
    oooh thank you :D
  • Options
    girl goths can really look stunning sometimes (im not bi or gay but i can appreciate girls) i think because they look different fromt he norm and i can see how guys like the mini kilts and things

goth guys jus look lazy in my opinion!
  • Options
    LOL@Lazy.
  • Options
    How do guy goths look lazy??
    They spend just as much time and effort looking the way they do as the girl goths.
    well the real guy goths do anyway.
  • Options
    i dunno, jus looks like they havent made an effort, all the ones in my school just looked greasy
  • Options
    I think a gothic style can be really sexy, especially on girls - I'm not gay or bi but I still think it can look very attractive. But not overly gothic. I guess I'm quite gothic sometimes. At least, I used to be. My boyfriend says he loved it when I made an effort and did the gothic look and wishes I'd do it more nowadays!
  • Options
    like someone said, depends how good looking they are, but... take very good looking twins(oh my), dress one in trendy clothes, and the other in gothic gear, id probably go for the goth, but DAMN id want both :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by RNT
    bunch of freaks

blatently a trendy :rolleyes:
  • Options
    doesnt do anything for me.

a bloke in a shirt is more my cuppa tea
  • Options
    i prefer a bloke in a thong....

wait... -.-
  • Options
    I used to get the impression that most Goth dudes were Satanic worshippers. True or just a Gothic stereotype?
  • Options
    steriotypical but mildly true, these days you get allsorts of people wearing the clothes to fit in, but 'goth' isnt a word just to describe the persons clothes, its the person himself, as is mosher, and trendy, a mosher is someone who doesnt really care about what people wear what sexuality they are, just who they are, trendies are called so because they judge people by what they wear, goths are generally quiet with deep thoughts of satanic shite, you dont have to dress any particular way to be something, but people do, as they like to be with people who are alike, but yea, thats not working anymore because you get 'fakers' i mean, i alternate between trendy clothes and mosher clothes, but i class myself as a mosher, even though ive just finished a trance mix lol

well thats my twisted way of looking at it :S
  • Options
    No Felix, not true. Yes you get goths who are satan worshippers. You also get satan worshippers who aren't goths in the slightest, and goths who would think satan worship deplorable.

I think you're going too deep into it, Bennie, but I do agree with you - you can have a gothic personality/state of mind and yet never wear black or go anywhere near black eyeliner. You can also get people who dress like goths and still have the 'trendy' state of mind.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella
    Judge for your slef what you think.
    Well I wouldn't say you were a goth at all! Unless you were in disguise at the meet heh ;)

Couldn't fancy a goth guy at all, no way. Just not my thing! :yuck:
  • Options
    im not initially attracted to them, but if he was really fit then yeah
  • Options
    hmmm i could fancy a goth girl....cos they are just like hot.... take the one in the video of marilyn mansons cover of tainted love....she was just soooooooooo hot....but like not a dude...they look :s

btw for the record im no where near being a goth...
  • Options
    Some goths are ugly, some are not.

zella; i don't think your a goth as such.
  • Options
    Some female goths are stunningly gorgeous, like really nice looking.

But a lot of them are ugly freaks of nature.

The ones who I find unattractive, should be lined up and shot. The less goths/neds on our streets, the better :yes:
  • Options
    A hint of goth is quite sexy, or punk for that matter. Full on goths are just weird. Why ae so many goths all screwed up, and think that wearing black, listening to depressing music, and write poetry.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    Theres something really quite sexy about gothic clothes, but as with any sexy clothes its only gorgeous if the lass inside them is gorgeous.

Goths I dont find attractive, theres something quite weird about it all- and the music is shit- but the clothes really are quite sexay. And the fact that most Goths have blaack or dark brown hair certainly helps, because, as everyone knows, brunettes are by far and away the sexiest.

Mmmm, short skirts and fishnets:D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    zella; i don't think your a goth as such.

I agree, though with the pale skin and long black hair its easy to see why people would see you as gothic. Especially if you wear a lot of black:)
  • Options
    Originally posted by lisa simpson's saxophone
    No Felix, not true.

I used to be very interested in gothic culture.. did my reading and gothicism (is that even a word) stemed from satanic-ness. (also not a word)

I think Bennie is spot on.

but what do i know, im not a goth :p thats just from my reading :) having said that, i see myself as a LaVeyan satanist, so do three of my closest friends. I dont listen to gothic music or dress in that way. We listen to drum&bass and dress in clothes that get us labelled as 'pikies'.
  • Options
    Someone tell me what a goth is?

They dont do anything for me unfortunately, whether they're georgeous or not.
  • Options
    goths are ugly :(
  • Options
    agree 100%. why would anybody want to dress like that? i believe that the great majority of these people are simply weak minded 'sheep' who have listened to the music etc. and become engulfed in the culture thinking it makes them cool as they are, or think they are, different to everybody else in the way they are living.
  • Options
    Originally posted by james123
    agree 100%. why would anybody want to dress like that? i believe that the great majority of these people are simply weak minded 'sheep' who have listened to the music etc. and become engulfed in the culture thinking it makes them cool as they are, or think they are, different to everybody else in the way they are living.

Agreed. But I think youre going to get some bashing for that, especially from the gothic minority :D