Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Goths: Turn on or turn off?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hmm well I hang out at a goth pub but I'm a rocker plain and simple. I think goth guys are very goodlooking but as said earlier sort of, are quite vain.

The guys at the pub all bitch about eachother adn even the girls can be quite unaccepting in the goth culture but the girls at this pub aren't like that.

I think goth girls appeal to guys as they think they will get a bit of kinky sex!
  • Options
    How the hell could anyone find a pale depressed thing attractive?

Take the damn makeup off and go out in the sun! argh! :mad:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jowolvo
    I think goth girls appeal to guys as they think they will get a bit of kinky sex!

true ;)
    **well talking from a little experience :P**
  • Options
    Originally posted by james123
    agree 100%. why would anybody want to dress like that? i believe that the great majority of these people are simply weak minded 'sheep' who have listened to the music etc. and become engulfed in the culture thinking it makes them cool as they are, or think they are, different to everybody else in the way they are living.

excuse me i am a mosher. ok. we are different . i dont see us living the way we do. i dont see u losing ur mother and father and tow of ur best friends and still not change.
  • Options
    i kinda new this wud turn into "moshers suck/trendys are small minded" discussion. oh well. whatcha gonna do eh? think about it this way, if ur so bothered about how sumone else wants to live/dress/walk/talk/dance/whatever, how interesting must your own life be ? :)

as for the real question: yes, goth can be an amazingly sexy look when done correctly. over done it looks abit....stoopid.
  • Options
    i can agree with bob on this one goths can take it a bit far
  • Options
    Originally posted by RNT
    bunch of freaks

fuck off u dick the only freak around here is u fucking prick:mad: :mad: :mad:
  • Options
    Originally posted by kony331
    excuse me i am a mosher. ok. we are different . i dont see us living the way we do. i dont see u losing ur mother and father and tow of ur best friends and still not change.

See this is what pisses me off about people who have problems being regular. They look pale, and ill... And all of a sudden they have a dreadful life and noone knows what they have been through. Their lives are harder than everyone elses and they have been through more shit than every normal person in the world put together. Bullshit.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Chav
    Bullshit.

u doo not have a clue
  • Options
    u doo not have a clue

See what I mean? This is bullshit, going back to what I said about 'noone knows what theyve been through'.

Tell me then whats so bad about your life compared to any other normal person who I've ever met? If I doo not have a clue, enlighten me. Youre just a prime example of people who use their 'misfortune' to their advantage for attention and backup in situations like this. Well im not fucking buying it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaffrin
    you can't classify a whole load of people like that.

Uhh... yeah you can. He's asking if the goth look is a turn on or a turn off, not if the individual people dressing that way are nice looking or not.
    excuse me i am a mosher. ok. we are different .

Take a look again, dumbass. You're all the same as each other!

Seriously, someone tell me the location of the clone factory pumping out all you generic bastards so I can call in an air strike.

Back to the topic... Goth couldn't be more of a turn off. You can't walk down a street in Glasgow without seeing fucking hundreds of the fat, ugly cunts. Sure, there's some with potential. Though sadly, they must come from a part of Glasgow too poor to afford soap and hot water on a regular basis.
  • Options
    :rolleyes:

'goth' is not those fat prepubescent kids in marilyn manson tshirts and baggy jeans. they think they are, but they're not.

'goth' is more about corsets and velvet and lace and beauty.

and if you think a hot girl becomes more or less hot depending on what style of clothes she wears, then not only are you shallow, you're also an idiot.
  • Options
    :rolleyes:

'goth' is not those fat prepubescent kids in marilyn manson tshirts and baggy jeans. they think they are, but they're not.

Yeah, no shit. They get called mini-moshers up here :\
    'goth' is more about corsets and velvet and lace and beauty.

I know what goth is, and as I said, it's a turn off. What's the big deal with corsets anyway? They're fucking hideous!
    and if you think a hot girl becomes more or less hot depending on what style of clothes she wears, then not only are you shallow, you're also an idiot.

You know fine well what I meant when I said some had potential. ie, they're hot, but their style of dress is unattractive.

Oh, and you mean more shallow than judging by their looks instead of their clothes, right?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kiezo
    Oh, and you mean more shallow than judging by their looks instead of their clothes, right?

everyone judges by looks. it's part of human nature.

but thinking that an attractive person has become less attractive just by changing clothes, well, that's just silly.
  • Options

but thinking that an attractive person has become less attractive just by changing clothes, well, that's just silly.

Not really.

Why else d'ya think so many people spend shitloads of money on clothes, and hair and beauty products etc? Or get dressed up in the latest designer clothes when out on the pull at the weekends?
  • Options
    fuck off u dick the only freak around here is u fucking prick:mad: :mad: :mad:

We agree on something at least:)
  • Options
    Make-up and clothes do make a difference to how attractive a person is, IMHO, because people dont judge on pure looks, they judge on appearance.

Stick the most goregous girl in a track suit without any make-up and she will look less attractive than in a beautiful long black dress made up to the nines. Shell still be gorgeous, but whether shes attractive or not is a different matter.

Splitting attractiveness into one factor is silly, which I guess is kinda what you meant:)
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    Splitting attractiveness into one factor is silly, which I guess is kinda what you meant:)

i suppose.

the phrases that have come into this thread like 'all goths are ugly'. which is clearly bollocks.

yes, any girl will look better when she's got a little (carefully applied) make up on, and she's done her hair, and is wearing nice clothes.

but saying that those 'nice clothes' have to be of a certain style for her to be attractive is just daft.
  • Options

but saying that those 'nice clothes' have to be of a certain style for her to be attractive is just daft.

I never said they had to be a certain style either, just that 'goth' isn't it. I'm sure you feel the same way about neds.
  • Options
    'all goths are ugly'

bold and upfront, but well said:D
  • Options

Ah, I see the point now:)

Generally though people ony find people who are into similar interests attractive, so if person A is some townie s/he is less likely to find person B attractive if they dress head-to-foot in black.

But anyone who bases everything on this is being dumb, I quite agree.
  • Options

i may sound shallow and materialistic but completely disagree with you. if somebody is dressed in clothing which in no way appeals to you i think you are far less likely to be attracted to them. anyone else agree?
  • Options
    i may sound shallow and materialistic but completely disagree with you. if somebody is dressed in clothing which in no way appeals to you i think you are far less likely to be attracted to them. anyone else agree?

If youre in a cattle market, sorry, nightclub, then Id agree, buit only to a pint. Keira Knighley or Liv Tyler could be wearing a bin bag and Id still be drooling:D
  • Options
    Well, Some elements of a goth are cool..but some can be a complete turn-off in my opinion
    Jez
  • Options
    Make-up and clothes do make a difference to how attractive a person is, IMHO, because people dont judge on pure looks, they judge on appearance.

Stick the most goregous girl in a track suit without any make-up and she will look less attractive than in a beautiful long black dress made up to the nines. Shell still be gorgeous, but whether shes attractive or not is a different matter.

i totally agree:D
  • Options

:no:

i have been out with, in order:

a townie, a hippy, a trendy, a slobby skatery guy, one of those outdoorsy people who wears fleeces and hiking boots all the time, and i don't really know how to describe mr. kaffrin.

and my best friend is a designer clothes type girl. when we're out together people stare.

i just think there's more to people than the clothes they choose.
  • Options
    of course but when you first see somewhere you're likely to judge on appearance, consisting of face, figure, clothes etc and a well dreseed girl is going to attract more attention than one who wears clothes that dont suit her AND HORRIBLE WHITE MAKE UP!
  • Options
    a well dreseed girl is going to attract more attention than one who wears clothes that dont suit her AND HORRIBLE WHITE MAKE UP!

i take it by 'well dressed' you mean 'fashionable'.

for the record, although i don't normally wear either fashionable or 'goth' clothes, i get a LOT more attention from guys when i'm in my PVC corset, army boots and eyeliner. and not just from one style of guy.
  • Options

Generally though people ony find people who are into similar interests attractive, so if person A is some townie s/he is less likely to find person B attractive if they dress head-to-foot in black.

But anyone who bases everything on this is being dumb, I quite agree.

I agree.. with the first bit, but i don't think that anyone who bases everything on that is dumb. First impressions count for a lot, and if you arent instantlly drawn to somebody, and decide that you dont think you'd have too much in common from those first impressions then thats fair enough. Makes sense to me.

Of course, not everyone is like that, such as you Kaffrin, but a lot of people are - people are drawn to others who look similar to them.
  • Options
    Goths are not a turn on in any way, shape or form FOR ME. They aren't ALL ugly, but in my experience, they have been ( though Zella is quite attractive IMO)

It is a bit like saying that all Scottish blokes have big balls and small cocks, just because Billy Connelly (sp) does. Though I have never had expriences with Scottish male genitals.....or any genitals for that matter.................