Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Saddam Captured!!!!!

Just been watching sky news and it appears Saddam Hussain was captured in Tikrit in the early hours of the morning.
http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1115282,00.html
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Not yet confirmed to be him and not one of his doubles but we'll all know soon enough no doubt.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Not yet confirmed to be him and not one of his doubles but we'll all know soon enough no doubt.
    Yes it has. DNA and all :D

*dances around*

Edited to add (aren't I good Clandestine? :flirt: ) Look at the Iraqis celebrating on the streets. That view is pure GOLD!
  • Options
    Given that the capture only occurred this morning and that DNA testing takes days to provide concrete results I find such claims dubious if they have in fact been made already.

No word on any televised coverage of DNA results. Not of course thats its not him and all the better if it is, but DNA testing is not an instantaneous science.
  • Options
    Noone would be surprised to see people dancing in the street. The hatred for Saddam is as palpable as the hatred for foreign occupation.
  • Options
    I'll wait a little while before I'm convinced.

Will this make any big difference to the attacks against Allied forces though? I suspect not.

Although it is good news.
  • Options
    Given the other contrived news that has characterised this occupation (WMD lab finds, etc...) I would concur that a wait and see attitude be maintained. Especially given as I said previously current DNA testing methods still require 5-14 days to establish identity.

We could see in weeks to come that its merely a double, although if it were I wouldnt be surprised if it werent aknowledged publically. Too much political capital to be gained by Bush and co by playing up the capture.
  • Options
    The DNA thing leaves more than one issue Clandestine- Saddam was notoriously paranoid, so I doubt hed have left many handy DNA clues lying around, to be quite honest.

But anyway, I wonder what contrived charge the USA will find to execute him.
  • Options
    Maybe i misread then...

Either way they do have DNA of him, whether it's old or from last night I don't know.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    Maybe i misread then...

Either way they do have DNA of him, whether it's old or from last night I don't know.

I think Clandestine was wrong actually, and DNA can be tested very quickly if they have the equipment there. Which convbeniently they did.

So it probably is him.

But has everyone seen that little cunt Blair on the news, saying that its a wonderful day for the world and that the Iraqis should just be FUCKING GRATEFUL that the wonderful Bushites have saved them from a dictator. My only surprise is that the little f*ggot hasnt claimed that Al Qaeda has been destroyed too :rolleyes:
  • Options
    This is a great day for Iraq , its people and Democracy.

Im not suprised Clandestine doesnt believe its him , after all , dont you believe that the US attacked itself on September 11?
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Matadore

Im not suprised Clandestine doesnt believe its him , after all , dont you believe that the US attacked itself on September 11?

At least he hopes it...

Welcome back to the boards :)
  • Options

They did.

And if it's Saddam they caught,it's about time.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun
    They did.

And if it's Saddam they caught,it's about time.

Yes, cause if you'd personally been in Iraq, then Saddam would have been sitting in a cell a long time ago, along with Bin Laden who you'd caught the 12th of September 2001 in Afghanistan.
  • Options
    Well its good to see the Iraqis celebrating something, not too sure if standing in the street firing an AK47 with all those nervous troops around is a good idea though.
  • Options
  • Options

Its not really, what exactly has changed? Saddam went in May, Halliburton are still overchargiung by US$67million, the US are still running the show. Whats changed with his capture?

dont you believe that the US attacked itself on September 11?

Havent you ever thought how convenient it was that the FBI and the CIA didnt have an inkling that 11/9 was about to happen, even after loads of people had warned them? The US didnt attack itself, but it definitely didnt do very much to stop it, did it?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit

Havent you ever thought how convenient it was that the FBI and the CIA didnt have an inkling that 11/9 was about to happen, even after loads of people had warned them? The US didnt attack itself, but it definitely didnt do very much to stop it, did it?

And what could the US have done? Put an entire nation on "house arrest"? Execute every individual of Mid-east origin, upon detection?

Activiate the miniture nuclear device inserted into the brainstem of every person at birth? But only within those emitting the brain-wave signature of potential terrorist?

How about re-establishing that tenuous link to reality, and rejoining those not handicapped by an anal/cranial inversion, Kermit?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Globe
    And what could the US have done? Put an entire nation on "house arrest"? Execute every individual of Mid-east origin, upon detection?

Activiate the miniture nuclear device inserted into the brainstem of every person at birth? But only within those emitting the brain-wave signature of potential terrorist?

How about re-establishing that tenuous link to reality, and rejoining those not handicapped by an anal/cranial inversion, Kermit?

It could have started by increasing security at the airports in Boston, surely?
  • Options
    "What could have been done?" is a most specious argument coming from someone who supposedly claims to be an expert in our nation's military capability.

The fact alone that notification of the deviation of course of the planes was made by ATC before the first plane had even hit, compunded by the fact that fighters were well within striking range to intercept in advance of the second tower hit and certainly the Pentagon strike leaves little doubt to those who don't buy the bogus inconsistent coverstory that our fighters were sufficiently delayed in being authorised for launch.

What could have been done?

FAA regulations and standard domestic defence procedure that stipulates all airliners not responsding to immediate calls for course correction once insisted by ATC are to be intercepted and shot down if found to be a threat could well have been followed. If so, likely 9/11 would never have resulted in the deaths of so many and certainly not provided the shock and trauma this admin needed to launch its unlateralist doctrine for unrelated warfare without significant scrutiny.

But we've been through this before and the blind knee jerk reactionaries will remain blind, so its little point rehashing.

Read and decide for yourselves...

http://reactor-core.org/unanswered-questions/Part1B.html
  • Options
    Its not really, what exactly has changed?
    The psychology of the people? Now there must be a mood of relief, and reassurance that he can never return to his old position of power.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Kermit
    It could have started by increasing security at the airports in Boston, surely?

Naw... the whiny ass conspiracy-theorist liberals would have been "inconvenienced" in the far right coup to deprive them of "everything", including their foo-foo water...

Can you not just witness the collaborator throwing a tantrum when his "constitutional rights" are violated by security? :rolleyes: It is a play by Ashcroft to enslave him, I tell you! :lol:

FAA regulations and standard domestic defence procedure that stipulates all airliners not responsding to immediate calls for course correction once insisted by ATC are to be intercepted and shot down if found to be a threat could well have been followed...

Apparently, you are still "out of the loop" concerning the manner in which the aircraft "landed"... the one generally credited to have been grounded by the "encouragement" of the passengers...

Can you say "Air National Guard"? ;) Seems there was an issue of a "missing missile" after a sortie flown... :rolleyes:

But then... to have any more information than what you are allowed? Would belie your immanent status, would it not? :naughty: If you were as "informed" as you claim to be? You would have known this two years ago...

{sarcasm intended, for the benefit of those challenged of discernment}

Yeah, yeah... I can hear your bleating already... :crazyeyes

Self-righteous parasitic infestations - such as yourself - are what compel OPSEC in the first place...
  • Options
    Sad lamentable hypocrit resumes his aggressivistic adolescent blathering, clearly demonstrating that he has not so much as bothered to examine the gaping holes in the pablum he subscribes to as informed opinion. lol.

The questions concern those planes which were allowed to hit their target not the one which crashed in a field.

Just keep right on with your collaborator nonsense Thanatos, you only demonstrate your own collaboration with those posing the greatest threat to our way of life and lack of comprehension both with regard to my position regarding the security of our land as well as the machinations of the political arena and its principle proponents.

But then one wouldnt expect an Oregon redneck to have a clue about much of anything. Bleat on, oh blind sheep - Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!
  • Options
    For those with minds to think, a further indication of the lack of cooperation from this administration into investigations pertaining to just the very aspect cited above...

http://foi.missouri.edu/terrorismfoi/911investigation.html

Seems Thanatos is so out of the loop (as he likes to claim of others) that he is unaware of how many obstacles this administration has put in the way of authorised investigations.

But of course our resident redneck doesnt have enough balance of perspective nor civic duty to ask the tough question, "Just what are you hiding from the American Public Mr. Bush, Mr. Cheney, Mr. Rumsfeld, et al?"

And the Neo-con "Daisy Chain" happily continues to pat itself on the back and disgrace the memories of the thousands of victims by looking the other way. "Oooh look theres another country where we can go shoot and bomb civilians, that should keep us too busy to ask any questions!" :rolleyes:
  • Options

But then one wouldnt expect an Oregon redneck ...

Never actually been to the United States, have you? ;)

If you had? Then you would be aware that "rednecks" reside across the nation from Oregon. :lol:

Keep up with all of your bullshit deep south aspersions... perhaps... someday... you might even become sufficiently educated to read a map. :lol:

Terrible news, concerning Saddam... :( Where ya gonna get your paychecks, now? Talked to Osama, lately? ;) Perhaps he will let you "come home"...

So entertaining, reading your rants about the lies and distortions coming from the evil one, GWB. Why not go back and read Profiles In Courage, again. You know... the book where JFK writes that "leaders must be courageous enough to lead the sheep to where they need to go, because they are too gutless and ignorant to know or do what is good for them"... Or is it only a "travesty to the Constitution" when a conservative is in the oval office? :lol: If it comes from a liberal? You suck down the swill, with glee...

Again - one LAST time - for the reading and comprehension challenged:

I do not follow ANYONE blindly. I trust politicians only so far as they parallel my perspective. And the only thing worse than a politician? Is a "political activist" or bureaucratic parasite - such as yourself - who feasts off the labor of others, while contributing NOTHING but disorder. Your "efforts" do nothing but empower an enemy committed to the destruction of the western world.

Sheep? :lol: Try that one in the real world, rather than from the safety of hiding on another continent, because you are too gutless to come "home"... Come for a visit in "Oregon"... and let us see how froggy you are, face to face.

{edit} > Still cannot post without a reference to the "neo-con conspiracy", can you?

ROTFLMMFAO! :lol:
  • Options
    The Americans were a bit tactless with their announcement werent they?

"We got him!":rolleyes: Typical
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    The Americans were a bit tactless with their announcement werent they?

"We got him!":rolleyes: Typical

What should they have said? :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Jacqueline the Ripper
    What should they have said? :confused:

I dont know, something more formal prehaps.
  • Options
    yeh, like "we procured his entire living physical mass from whence it did come; a hole in the soil."
  • Options
    Never actually been to the United States, have you?

Born and raised in the US as much as you with a brother in Washington State, so I'm well acquainted with the emotionally challenged Oregon yahoo mentality, thank you very much.

Once again proving you are as inbalanced as you are partisan and clueless as to the machinations of the political arena. You contribute nothing of any intellectual calibre to any discussion you hijack with your typical childish derision. Go back and get an education and perhaps you might find some relief from your perpetually recurrent flashbacks to Nam.

Just keep avoiding any display of critical reasoning, you are so adept at it and it suits the caricature you portray of the standard neo-con neanderthal. We wouldnt want to challenge you beyond your demonstrated capacities. lol.
    I trust politicians only so far as they parallel my perspective

And thus you confirm your hypocrisy, slandering and attacking others for the very willful failure you indeed subscribe to. So long as they pander to your unresolved aggressive tendencies and whip up your self-imposed paranoia, you will not question their intent nor their agenda nor the hollow rhetoric and lies they use to capitalise upon your willing submission.. good little lacky! :lol:

Of course, we see how you spit and cuss and protest your wrongful characterisation whilst presuming, as you ever do, to know anything about anyone you choose to flame. I am not a bureaucrat, I work within no administration. I do work with adminsitrations and agencies as an external contracting analyst but then who needs to be accurate when your only concern is where the protagonists of your militant delusions will throw the next whoop ass party.

No Than, you spout the drivel that could be just as easily and far more elequently suffered through by switiching to The O'Reilly Factor or any number of neo-con pundits polluting and dulling the minds of the nation. Youre qa washed out wannabe with an axe to grind and zero involvement in the circles that matter.

But you do live up to the stereotype and thus are all too easily dismissed as another misinformed and hate-filled Bushbot.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Renzokuken
    I dont know, something more formal prehaps.
    Why wrap it in?
    It's a good thing, and it's best to be as clear about it as possible.
    Formalities and elevated language is only good when dealing with the bad things going on.