Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Saddam Captured!!!!!

124»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by BlackArab
    What for? and when?

Do your own homework.

Anything which I post on this forum will be called "a lie" by your gurus the collaborator and aladdin. Regardless of how accurate it is.

Find the truth for yourself...
  • Options
    The problem for anyone wanting to see Saddam hung is that until the 'Coalition' hands the Iraqis back their country, the death penalty can't be applied. It would be ironic, though, if the Iraqis were to take the backward step of reintroducing the death penalty when Iraq is supposed to be an example of pioneering democracy in the middle east. Of course, in spite of having as much right to call itself a European country as Russia, the democracy it's supposed to resemble is America... hang 'em high!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Globe
    Do your own homework.

Anything which I post on this forum will be called "a lie" by your gurus the collaborator and aladdin. Regardless of how accurate it is.

Find the truth for yourself...

He wasn't asking you, and it's a pretty long winded way of telling us you don't know :lol:
  • Options
    Thanatos admit he hasnt got a clue about anything??? lol.

Not in this lifetime I suspect.
  • Options
    He doesn't seem to know much about anything relevant if it happened after the Regan administration.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Thanatos admit he hasnt got a clue about anything??? lol.

Not in this lifetime I suspect.

If you actually know 1/10th of what you claim, then you know that Hussein was sentenced to death - in Iraq - LONG before he came to power.

Thrill us with your grasp of history, self-proclaimed guru... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    LOL! Back in substanceless and irrelevant form I see Than, and certainly as trollish as ever.

If you have some obscure point to make by referring to something to events prior to Saddam's rise to power, when the train of the discussion concerns his acts whilst in power, then Im sure there are quite a few here who are just salivating to see you demonstrate some capacity for linkage.

Oh and your hate-filled delusions must be slipping towards outright psychosis. I never called myself anyone's guru, nor have any interest whatsoever to be such. "guru" is another of your stock in trade quips, so by definition it was never a "self-proclaimed" status.

Don't worry though, we know youve had trouble expressing coherent thought since the head injury. Just take it slow old man, and don't forget to take your meds.
  • Options
    Anyone else pick up on the rumours that Saddam was captured a few weeks ago by the Kurds and following negotiation wit hthe US was handed over in a "drugged" state at an agreed location?

Or that using the cover of this story breaking, GWB signed Patriot Act II?
  • Options
    I've heard a number of times that Saddam wasn't hiding in that hole: he was a captive. So yes, it might be perfectly possible that he was captured a while back and his captors tried to cut the best possible deal with the US.

What it seems clear is that he was shopped by somebody (as opposed to being found by chance or thanks to US intelligence).

Don't be too surprised if O. bin Laden is "captured" just before the November elections as well.
  • Options
    A bad week for Blair (again)

(Sorry, I thought I might as well use this thread for Iraq news since it's related)

Poor Blair! Just when it seemed things were starting to look up a bit, along comes more humiliation with regard to those elusive WMDs.

Firstly, Paul Bremer rejects Blair's claims that "massive evidence" of clandestine WMDs labs had been found, and describes it as a red herring (later, when he was told it was Bush's faithful poodle who'd made the claims, he backtracked :D ). Bremer rubbishes Blair's claims.

Then it is revealed that Britain's Secret Services embarked in a disinformation campaign in the British Press to "sell" the concept that Saddam had WMDs.

And finally he receives a barrage of criticism, not only from his own MPs but from religious leaders high in the Church, who call him and Bush "vigilantes" amongst many other things and highlight their hypocrisy.

Oh dear dear. Humiliated by vital allies, proven (yet again) a liar and demolished by the second highest official in the Church of England. What has the man done to deserve this?
    :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda

And is it even up to us to decide, shouldnt it be for the Iraqis to decide how to treat him,
    why should it be up to the iraqis? aren't we imposing OUR democratic values on them? british democracy is against the death penalty. the uk won't even deport criminals to countries who have the death penalty.
    but now it's convenient to let them do it their way ...more double standards and crap. and no i haven't read the whole thread so if someones already said this ...tough.
  • Options
    The fact is that if the Allies really want an impartial trial then it will have to be held outside Iraq. I don't think impartiality can be achieved within Iraq when it comes to Saddam Hussein.

But then again, what chances are there of a truly impartial trial when Bush has been announcing to the 4 winds that Saddam deserves to die for his crimes?

I understand why Bush would rather see Saddam dead... and why he would rather the trial is held in Iraq. So much dirty laundry, so many beans to spill... the last thing Bush wants is a truly impartial International War Crimes trial where Saddam will be given a full and fair chance to speak and defend himself.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin

I understand why Bush would rather see Saddam dead... and why he would rather the trial is held in Iraq. So much dirty laundry, so many beans to spill... the last thing Bush wants is a truly impartial International War Crimes trial where Saddam will be given a full and fair chance to speak and defend himself.
    and because of this he may well be shot escaping ...be found hanging, suicide. rebels attacked the building he was in and he's now dead.
    it realy would not surprise me if he dies before he comes to trial.
    but not until the americans have finnished with him.
    i'm waiting for the headline ...SADDAM DEAD!