Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

If you know your stuff about Religion please read

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    He was angered by the way the temple had been allowed to become a marketplace rather than just a place of worship (Luke 11 v15-18) Jesus the first anti-capitalist?

He also states that you have to turn away from sin and begin living a different life to see the Kingdom of God (John 3 v15-21)
  • Options
    Originally posted by BlackArab

He also states that you have to turn away from sin and begin living a different life to see the Kingdom of God (John 3 v15-21)
    and if you don't ...matthew 7 v 21 to 23 ...may apply to you.
    "not everyone saying to me lord lord ...will enter into the kingdom".
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    "not everyone saying to me lord lord ...will enter into the kingdom...

Agreed,but may I just add the end to that quote for those without access to a Bible.

...but only he who does the will of my Father"

Regards and Goodnight
  • Options
    "not everyone saying to me lord lord ...will enter into the kingdom...

Agreed,but may I just add the end to that quote for those without access to a Bible.

...but only he who does the will of my Father"

Regards and Goodnight
    as my mum and dad used to say every night ...good night and god bless.
  • Options
    luke 21 vrs 25.
    there will be signs in sun and moon and stars ....

watch on saturday night! total lunar eclipse.

Eclipse begins (Nov. 8) 22:15
    Shadow becomes noticeable 22:50
    Partial eclipse begins 23:32
    Total eclipse begins (Nov. 9) 01:07
    Mid-eclipse 01:19
    Total eclipse ends 01:31
    Partial eclipse ends 03:05
    Eclipse ends 04:22
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Really? I hope it isn't cloudy.... So much celestial activity at the moment, and I'm in London and cant see any of it, its enough to make me want to move!
  • Options
    Originally posted by LadyJade
    Really? I hope it isn't cloudy.... So much celestial activity at the moment, and I'm in London and cant see any of it, its enough to make me want to move!
    go for a bloody drive out of town then!
    if the forcast is clear i believe it will be worth a drive. we have a full lunar eclipse and loads of plasma coming of the sun. we also have the planets in a unique position as related to each other and the sun ...AND ...we have the leonids metoeor shower ...and ON TOP OF ALL THAT WE HAVE A FULL MOON!

very unique. possibly a first. get your arse out of london town if the forcast is clear ...it wont happen again in your lifetime and possibly not for nearly 70'000 yrs.
    am i finaly becoming a nerd ...
  • Options
    well that cannot be right!
    if he loved everyone ...all the sinners together ...why did he smash the temple up and call the religous leaders of his day, hypocrites, sons of satan etc?
    That doesn't mean he didn't love them. Maybe you are making it too complicted?
  • Options
    go for a bloody drive out of town then!
    if the forcast is clear i believe it will be worth a drive. we have a full lunar eclipse and loads of plasma coming of the sun. we also have the planets in a unique position as related to each other and the sun ...AND ...we have the leonids metoeor shower ...and ON TOP OF ALL THAT WE HAVE A FULL MOON!
    hang on a mo...
    ...logically, don't we always have a full moon just before an eclipse? :rolleyes: :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by piccolo
    That doesn't mean he didn't love them. Maybe you are making it too complicted?
    love th person hate the behaviour?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Skateside
    hang on a mo...
    ...logically, don't we always have a full moon just before an eclipse? :rolleyes: :p
    why?
  • Options
    why?
    Because to have a lunar eclipse, we have to get in-between the sun and to moon, since the moon is lit by the sun. So, if we can see the eclipse, we must be on the other side of the planet to the sun, looking at the moon. Thus, the moon will always be full just before an eclipse.
  • Options
    love th person hate the behaviour?
    That's the one.
  • Options
    He was angered by the way the temple had been allowed to become a marketplace rather than just a place of worship (Luke 11 v15-18) Jesus the first anti-capitalist?

I'm a believer that Jesus was simply a communist and he went against the norms and values of the time... which is why he got exectuted.

Oh and the whole 'son of god' thing? I don't believe it to be literal, I see it more as him saying we can all be sons of god if we practice equality and compassion. I see the Bible as really a long poem... kinda like Homer's Odyssey.
  • Options
    Love God.

Love your neighbor as yourself.

The rest is pretty much commentary.

Honestly! How can finite beings infinitely offend an infinite being?
    This whole Hell thing is a really strange idea if God is pure love.

If one thinks homosexuality is wrong that is okay. If you think it is fine then that is okay. You'll find different christian interpretations according to sect. So it comes down to whatever floats your boat!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Murph Redux
    Love God.

Love your neighbor as yourself.

The rest is pretty much commentary.

Honestly! How can finite beings infinitely offend an infinite being?
    This whole Hell thing is a really strange idea if God is pure love.

If one thinks homosexuality is wrong that is okay. If you think it is fine then that is okay. You'll find different christian interpretations according to sect. So it comes down to whatever floats your boat!
    i have no problem whatsoever with gay people ...the question was does the bible. no matter how you look at it the bible has a problem with it. all this how you interpret stuff is bollox!
  • Options
    Originally posted by piccolo
    Yes, you can't have faith without belief.

sorry not got to the end of this yet, so this might have been answered
    Hebrews 11 says

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. 2This is what the ancients were commended for.

so one can believe and not have faith, but faith is about being sure about what you believe
  • Options
    i have no problem whatsoever with gay people ...the question was does the bible. no matter how you look at it the bible has a problem with it. all this how you interpret stuff is bollox!

what an interesting thread

a point that has been kind of mentioned but I feel missed in all this is that homosexual activity (and the Greek for this is actually something like wrongful sexual behaviour) is nearly always listed with loads of other things Paul and others think are wrong. the Bible says sexual immorality is wrong. along with idol worship - (an idol is anything that has more importance than God - ie your car) and that anger and hatred are wrong.

most people in the church aren't gay, but probably do all those other things.

Jesus in Matthew says take the plank of wood out of your own eye before you try and get the dust out of your friends. A sound lesson.

condemning homosexuality is easy for many Christians to do - it takes the heat of them and their sinful lives. The fact that as has been pointed out none are righteous before god. in Romans 6 it says the wages of sin are death - all sin that is, and we are all sinners. In Gods eyes and Jesus, murder is sin, just as is looking at someone lustfully is. Why is looking sin - well James 1 writes that 14. but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed. 15 Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

God is a loving God, and wants that no one will die - that is why he sent his son, so all who want can be saved (John 3)