Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

soham murder trail begins ...

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by RWB
    when this lying scumbag is founf guilty he will get all the bloodlust and hate he deserves

one thing I gotta point out though, when he is found guilty what sentence will he get or more to the point how long will he serve ?
  • Options
    makes you wonder about the not guilty verdict he got for rape in 1999 as well doesnt it? :rolleyes:

I dunno how long he gets, anything less than the rest of his life would be disgusting.

Having said that, they knew Roy Whiting was a danger when he was released but couldnt do anything because of his 'human rights' Then he raped and killed a 8 year old. Well done justice system.

He probably serve 25 years, then maybe some other innocent person will have to lose thier life before he is put away for good.
  • Options
    Originally posted by RWB
    makes you wonder about the not guilty verdict he got for rape in 1999 as well doesnt it? :rolleyes:

the charges against him were dropped actually, it didnt go to court
  • Options
    Originally posted by RWB

A girl gets a nosebleed in a house and they go with an adult to clean it up, 10 mins later one fel into the bath (very unlikely according to the analyser in court who said it would have been virtually impossible to fall backwards into the bath in a bathroom huntely size as the girl would have had to have fell sidewides almost)

And what if there was water on the floor from the bath and she slipped on it, or she was dizzy from her nose bleed and couldnt walk straight? There are loads of possibilties.

the other girl screams, Huntley puts his hand over her mouth and..........shes dead as well! I mean he only put his hand over her mouth to stop her screaming and she instantly suffocated.[/B]
    She could have kept on screaming, and ian kept his hand over her mouth till he fort she had calmed down.
    He may have big hands..my dad used to cover my mouth to stop me screaming when i was younger, and yea sometime my nose was blocked by his hand too.
    He may very well have been panicked.

How possible is it that Mr Huntleys events were possible?

"Very Unlikely",

Very Unlikely???

"Well, Impossible."

Anythings possible my dear, even this.

I dont know weather i think he meant to hurt them or not, but i do know that what he has said has happened could have happened. i just dont know. i wasnt there. we will never really know the truth.
  • Options
    Zella lets suppose you came to my door with a nose bleed do you really think I would take you upstairs ?
    Now he has admitted he has basic first aid, I have no first aid knowledge but what I would do with someone who has a nose bleed would be to sit them in a chair and hold their head back, thus to stop the bleeding. If you were the same age as these kids I would have then gone to phone your parent to come to assist if it wouldnt stop. Id also be curious as to wether she had suffered nosebleeds in the past or wether this was her 1st one ever.

I just find most of the story almost unbeleivable i really do.
  • Options
    The point is tho it *could* happen. he could be really dumb and think it was a good idea at the time to take them upstairs.
    Im not saying i believe that tho.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Zella lets suppose you came to my door with a nose bleed do you really think I would take you upstairs ?
    Now he has admitted he has basic first aid, I have no first aid knowledge but what I would do with someone who has a nose bleed would be to sit them in a chair and hold their head back, thus to stop the bleeding. If you were the same age as these kids I would have then gone to phone your parent to come to assist if it wouldnt stop. Id also be curious as to wether she had suffered nosebleeds in the past or wether this was her 1st one ever.

I just find most of the story almost unbeleivable i really do.

actually your not supposed to hold someones head back, your supposed to let it run its course. its dangerous to tilt there head back. sorry to pick, but this is a factor in his story, and he probably didnt want blood all over his carpets, thats why he took her into the bathroom
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby
    actually your not supposed to hold someones head back, your supposed to let it run its course. its dangerous to tilt there head back. sorry to pick, but this is a factor in his story, and he probably didnt want blood all over his carpets, thats why he took her into the bathroom

Well in the olden days thats what they did because I remember my mam doing it to one of my friends.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    Well in the olden days thats what they did because I remember my mam doing it to one of my friends.

if he knew first aid, he wouldnt have done that

sorry to say, not bein bitchy here
  • Options
    Originally posted by RWB

Oh my god man, Oh my fucking god.

Ive have folowed this trail very closely and there is no other verdict than guilty of murder on 2 counts can be given.

my sentiments exactly! hes going down and getting whats coming to him!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Char_Baby if he knew first aid, he wouldnt have done that

We all have opinions, just we differ with this. I just dont beleive his story.
    Also I got it wrong, you put your head forward now backwards, I realised just now when I just looked here again.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Zella
    Anythings possible my dear, even this.

I dont know weather i think he meant to hurt them or not, but i do know that what he has said has happened could have happened. i just dont know. i wasnt there. we will never really know the truth.
    It is up to the jury to decide the likeness of the story. I will not get into much detail until judgement is passed- all I'll say is that the jury can reach a decision based on the evidence and testimony provided.

Just because something could have happened in a certain way does not mean you cannot reach a verdict to the contrary safely. If I were implicated in a similar case and said in the trial that a UFO had landed in the garden and an alien had come in through the window, shot the girls with his ray gun and took off again, could anyone prove me wrong?

The answer is No. Nobody could prove my story wrong. Would this mean that a jury could not reach a guilty verdict safely?
  • Options
    Originally posted by RWB

I .
    cctv footage showed he was a million miles away at the time!
    one very strange and sad individual. he'll get two life sentences i would imagine, with a judges recomendation attached.
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny
    Maxine Carr deserves our sympathy and should be given the chance to live a normal life

I agree, but there is no chance of that happening.
  • Options
    Originally posted by RWB

Not really, and I would love to know why you think that the two are connected...

More reactionary, ill thought out assumptions?
  • Options
    Originally posted by RWB

Not really, for the simple fact that when he was supposedly raping this girl he was seen on a nightclub CCTV camera fifteen miles away, if memory serves me correctly.

Now unless hes more of a man than anyone thought, I think that is conclusive proof...

As for the manslaughter thing, the point is that even if you are keeping up with the case unless you are in the Old Bailey then you do not know the full picture. You can tell from body language if someone is lying or not; the media, even if they were free from bias, could not convey that. I dont necessarily agree with what anybody has said, I just stir occasionally, but it has to be proven beyond all reasonable doubt that he intended to kill or commit GBH. And the testimony of one expert doesnt necessarily do that, I point you in the direction of Roy Meadow.
  • Options
    Originally posted by RWB

I dunno how long he gets, anything less than the rest of his life would be disgusting.

Having said that, they knew Roy Whiting was a danger when he was released but couldnt do anything because of his 'human rights' Then he raped and killed a 8 year old. Well done justice system.

He probably serve 25 years, then maybe some other innocent person will have to lose thier life before he is put away for good.

The case was dropped because of video evidence......case closed and it has nothing to do with the present case. it was only raised as a reason for his reluctance to go to the police and the reason Maxine carr was tricked into telling lies for him.