Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

rape of a thirteen month old girl ...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    So come on then you tell me how you think you can stop others from doing it. Im saying put them away for life and mean life then the message getting sent out is that you will NOT be released to do the same again.
    As you seem to be saying to me get into the mind of someone who rapes babies Im saying if he is released after 2 years then we will still be no way nearer to finding out why he is sick in the head.

I have no idea. I'm not a criminal psychologist. But what I am saying is that dismissing these people as "monsters" is a good way of making sure that nothing gets done about it.
    Im not disputing anyone here is saying that 5 years is too short a sentence so dont start insinuating and speaking for me.

You wrote "and if he is out in 2 years time do you think we will have any insight as to why he did it or how we can stop others from doing it?" which is inferring that thats exactly what KoolCat did mean.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    I have no idea. I'm not a criminal psychologist. But what I am saying is that dismissing these people as "monsters" is a good way of making sure that nothing gets done about it.

You wrote "and if he is out in 2 years time do you think we will have any insight as to why he did it or how we can stop others from doing it?" which is inferring that thats exactly what KoolCat did mean.

Well why try entering a debate if you dont know :confused:
    Im telling you what I think we should do then all you can reply with is the monster thing again. Thats gone, dead and buried in my eyes, we aint going to agree on that so whats the point in keep going back over that issue?

The reason I said the above about 2 years is because thats what he will serve and im saying in 2 years your gonna be nowhere near getting into a mind of someone like this :banghead:

Also even if you did get into the mind of someone like this I dont think they should ever be released.

So I think I have explained myself here, lets have your opinion instead of keep having a go at mine and trying to pull me down with every reply I make.

Thank you :)
  • Options
    Well why try entering a debate if you dont know :confused:

I give up.
    So I think I have explained myself here, lets have your opinion instead of keep having a go at mine and trying to pull me down with every reply I make.

Thank you :)

OK, we'll agree to disagree.
  • Options
    OK, we'll agree to disagree.

Yeah, whatever :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Yeah, whatever :rolleyes:

I was agreeing with your last post and saying that I would leave the agument. I was trying to be civil. You seem to have a problem with that. Why?
  • Options
    I was agreeing with your last post and saying that I would leave the agument. I was trying to be civil. You seem to have a problem with that. Why?

I didnt think this was arguing, its all about debating. If I was arguing I would be :mad: now, but im not , im :D

Anyway shall we just leave it now, let people discuss things if they want to.
  • Options
    The crime is disgusting
    The man is disgusting
    The sentance is disgusting..

I just hope that the psychologists are right and he doesnt reoffend.

It seems that a lot of people in this country are moving away from the idea of punishment entirely. Fuck rehabilitation, prison is supposed to be punishment for your crime and is supposed to keep you away from the rest of the population.

This man should be locked away from the world for the rest of his natural life.
  • Options
    I didnt think this was arguing, its all about debating. If I was arguing I would be :mad: now, but im not im :D

Anyway shall we just leave it now, let people discuss things if they want to.

Debate yes, I chose my words unwisely. But yes, lets leave it. Unless I think you're talking crap again. ;)
  • Options
    Unless I think you're talking crap again. ;)

Which im sure you will do ;)
  • Options
    I don't disagree with strong punishments. This man should have been given far longer than he was in my opinion.

But I think that at the same time, we need to look more generally into why these crimes are happening, rather than just dismissing them as monsters. That just makes us give up on the chance that there might be something we can do about it to prevent it in the future. And this doesn't mean I want to be lenient on the ones who are doing it right now. They deserve a punishment that fits the crime.

I'm not sure I'm wording myself right here. I know what I want to say, but it's not coming out right.
  • Options
    I do think that 5 years is far too lenient a sentence. However, the judge made his decision based on the recommendation of a psychologist - a medical professional. I'm sure the psychologist knows a great deal more about what's going on in that man's head than any of the people on here.

He is not an animal. To describe him as such is unfair to animals. He is a despicable human being.

The problem with cases like these is that people get fair too emotional, and this is where bias sets in. To demand that capital punishment be brought back to deal with this sort of person is a ridiculous statement: we live in a society that has deemed capital punishment as an unsatisfactory punishment.

This man is still of some worth to society, he is not a complete dead loss. During and after his punishment, it will be possible to get use out of him. There will be ways of finding out why he did this, how to stop him doing it again, and how to prevent others from commiting similar ill deeds.
  • Options
    Well of course I want the man to be executed, not be lethal injection or hanging, but by being buried or burnt alive. But that won't happen as we live in a "civilised" society. So I hope that this "human being" as some of you refer to him, is not isolated from everyone else, but put into a large cell full of large strong criminals convicted of offences like shoplifting, and that they be told exactly what he did, and what his sentence was.

I cannot believe how evil people can be. A 13 month old baby girl. She probably won't be able to have babies of her own. She was probably screaming in pain the whole way through, wanting her mummy or daddy to save her, as this vile beast was enjoying himself, taking his photos. This will have an effect on her for the rest of her life. Her parents will have to sit her down one day and explain that she lost her virginity as a baby, to a man who raped her and who was only given five years, by a judge, a professional who is supposed to use his position to protect society, and victims of the crimes he deals with. This innocent child has been given a far more serious sentence than this...thing could ever get.

My emotions are indeed getting in the way of my logic, but I do not apologise for that.
  • Options
    Originally posted by squat_tom

The problem with cases like these is that people get fair too emotional, and this is where bias sets in.

and quite rightly too. Of course emotions fly, its a natural thing in my opinion.

I often talk about my Daughter so when I see crimes which involve children I admit I do get highly strung, but does that make me a bad person? I could never imagine how someone could hurt a baby in the way which he has, to rape a baby has to be one of the most serious crimes in the book.

So we all do seem to agree the sentence was ludicrous so what I want to ask now is :
    With getting such a short sentence could this case be looked at again ? Can the parents of this baby appeal against that decision and take it to higher people and let them look at the case again?
    Sorry im not very knowledgable on this but I suspect a few other people have limited knowledge like myself.
  • Options
    the point of this thread was actualy to discuss the sentence ...and the stupid man who gave the sentence. he was not guided in his sentencing by a psycologist. he reads the reports that come in from the shrinks etc ...they have no say in the sentence. the judge had the power to give this man life but becuase some shrink says 'oh i dont ...'think'... he'll do it again' he has for some strange reason used that as an axcuse to be nice to a MONSTER!
    it is the judges worth as a judge that i am questioning.
    what is wrong with refering to a human as a monster ...a pig ...and evil bastard?
    we've all seen horror movies ...this guy proves that reality is far scarier ...there realy are monsterous humans out there. we recently had a vampire in north wales cutting out the heart of an old lady. a self confessed vampire.
    the judge should be removed from his position of responsibility for making such an incorrect judgement. this wasn't some little mistake. this wasn't some minor error of judgement. this was gross failure of duty to the public who pay for his very privaledged lifestyle.
    jeffry archer got four years for telling lies for fucks sake!
  • Options
    I have just been doing some research and came across this from channel four news

So yes it can be appealed against......thank god.
  • Options
    I read in one of the reports that the psychologist told the parents of the child that she wont remember, and that its best if she is never told about the incident, but we all know when shes a bit older someone is bound to mention it, either maliciously or innocently.

I really do feel for children like that, and their familys.
  • Options
    Originally posted by LacyMay

I really do feel for children like that, and their familys.

I know, poor bairn :(
  • Options
    I know, poor bairn :(
    poor peodo ...he'll be in jail for around two years ...
  • Options
    I agree we need to understand the behaviour and psychological workings of peadophiles more...but how could we prevent the behaviour?

Maybe more knowledge would be helpful in sentencing.

Five years really isn't long enough - people get five years for fraud - not really comparable crimes are they?
  • Options
    Originally posted by ElysiumUnknown
    I agree we need to understand the behaviour and psychological workings of peadophiles more...but how could we prevent the behaviour?

Maybe more knowledge would be helpful in sentencing.

Five years really isn't long enough - people get five years for fraud - not really comparable crimes are they?
    disect their brains bit by bit to examine them ...but keep them alive for a hundred years ...
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    disect their brains bit by bit to examine them ...but keep them alive for a hundred years ...

But I mean prevent it all, from happening in the first place. I suppose we could prevent those already convicted from re-offending, but how? Because human rights do need to be upheld!

I suppose it's like a cycle, in that some people who are abused as a child themselves, grow up and then do it to children.
  • Options
    Would you like to know what excuse he gave for doing this crime ? I will post it anyway

Stress of working constant nightshift to provide for his family............well thats the best excuse ive ever heard.

Deleted the link because it wont work. It was takn from BBC News Channel.
  • Options
    Would you like to know what excuse he gave for doing this crime ? I will post it anyway

Stress of working constant nightshift to provide for his family............well thats the best excuse ive ever heard.

Deleted the link because it wont work. It was takn from BBC News Channel.

This link ?

I know, dreadful isnt it.

How many people across the country work nightshifts? How many rape babies in their spare time? Not many.

Its also scary to see that this "man" capable of such a hideous crime, appears so normal to outsiders. Father of 3, married, construction worker. Not some seedy 60 yr old bachelor who lures children with lollipops.

I will never understand how someone can try and justify raping a baby, photographing it for his own gratification and at the same time assaulting a 6 year old child, who will remember what has been done to her. Then saying it was cos of stress :no:
  • Options
    chemical castration is painless and removes all sexual desire. if all kiddy fiddlers were sentenced to life but ...if they opted for chemical castration they could be home the next day, maybe the problem would start to be solved, at least as far as reoffending goes.
  • Options
    Yeah thanx again Lacy ;)
  • Options
    This is what I don't understand about the people on this board. You are very much opposed to a programme encouraging the sterilisation of major drug addicts, claiming it to be fascist. Yet, you demand that paedophiles be sterilised and castrated.

How do you differentiate between the two?
  • Options
    Its chemical castration, i.e. an injection lowering the testosterone levels and thus the aggression and sexual drive factors of the convicted criminal that is advocated, not lopping off his genitals.

Further, paedophilia is a sexual crime, having a drug addicition isnt and therefore the latter has no basis as a justification for conning desperate people (who may largely be normal consulting heterosexuals) into permanently surrendering their reproductive rights.

This shouldnt be too difficult to figure out really.

One is situation is an authoritarian con and bribe as a supposed solution to a much more complex problem and the other is a judicial punishment for a sexual crime of heinous proportions.
  • Options
    Originally posted by squat_tom
    This is what I don't understand about the people on this board. You are very much opposed to a programme encouraging the sterilisation of major drug addicts, claiming it to be fascist. Yet, you demand that paedophiles be sterilised and castrated.

How do you differentiate between the two?
    because being a drug addict doesnt mean you abuse children, and also drug addicts can and often do recover. I personally dont see the connection between the two.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    because being a drug addict doesnt mean you abuse children, and also drug addicts can and often do recover. I personally dont see the connection between the two.

Drug addicts abuse drugs and become a serious danger to themselves and others whilst under the influence of drugs. How do you know that there is no greater chance of "recovering" from paedophilic tendencies as there is of "recovering" from a drug addiction?

What if this baby had be killed by a drug addict, would you be so lenient on drug addicts?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Its chemical castration, i.e. an injection lowering the testosterone levels and thus the aggression and sexual drive factors of the convicted criminal that is advocated, not lopping off his genitals.

Further, paedophilia is a sexual crime, having a drug addicition isnt and therefore the latter has no basis as a justification for conning desperate people (who may largely be normal consulting heterosexuals) into permanently surrendering their reproductive rights.

This shouldnt be too difficult to figure out really.

One is situation is an authoritarian con and bribe as a supposed solution to a much more complex problem and the other is a judicial punishment for a sexual crime of heinous proportions.

Where did I say physical castration?

Drug addiction is still very much a heinous crime and affects a great deal more people.

That is only how the stuation stands at this moment in time. What if the State were to decide to sterilise convicted drug abusers as part of their punishment?