Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

rape of a thirteen month old girl ...

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think the concept that he may not re-offend needs very close scrutiny as well. A man who rapes a baby is not only evil but clearly disturbed up there. There were no mitigating circumstances, and someone capable of such thing does not appear to use logic in his reasoning; nor is he likely to see the error of his ways.

But even if he really was not going to re-offend, I feel that the sentence should be multiplied by at least 4, with no early release.
  • Options
    I know a few sentences this Lord Reed has given out:

*7 years for a drunk motorist who crashed his car killing the front passenger, his 16 year old pregnant girlfriend.

*Life (with a minimum of 12 yrs without parole) for a man who strangled his wife, then hid her body under the bed for a week.

*He deferred sentencing on a man accused of cruelty/neglect to a small child for 12 months, to "see if this has merely been an unfortunate accident or whether it ought to be viewed as a pattern of behaviour.”

*5 years were given to a man who killed someone else in a drunken row. The other man was stabbed to death.

*He fixed one of Scotlands most notorious murderers penalty at 30 years. The bloke shot dead 3 solidiers in a payroll robbery.
  • Options
    And does no1 find this slightly disturbing?!?!?!? There's being leaniant (sp, brain aint working) in the course of finding the true problem, and then theres plain stupidity... there is something dodgy there
  • Options
    Originally posted by LacyMay
    *He deferred sentencing on a man accused of cruelty/neglect to a small child for 12 months, to "see if this has merely been an unfortunate accident or whether it ought to be viewed as a pattern of behaviour.”

I find this very disturbing, obviously I dont know the case or any information apart from what you have put but deferring sentencing to see if it was merely an accident, thats pretty bad in my books.

I think his record with people who cause harm or suffering to children are not too clever.......In my opinion anyway.

Thanks Lacy :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by BritJames

You've gone off the point of the guy in question and turned on the judge. [/B]

Sorry but a judge has passed sentence, we have every right to start debating the judge who gave sentence. I wanted to know what other sentences he has passed regardless of crime.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo
    I find this very disturbing, obviously I dont know the case or any information apart from what you have put but deferring sentencing to see if it was merely an accident, thats pretty bad in my books.

I think his record with people who cause harm or suffering to children are not too clever.......In my opinion anyway.

Thanks Lacy :)

Link for the story...
  • Options
    I thought the point of this thread was the fact that the sentence was so lenient?
  • Options
    Originally posted by KoolCat
    I thought the point of this thread was the fact that the sentence was so lenient?

Yes and from that, people are discussing whether or not the judge makes a habit of giving out lenient sentences.

When have debates or discussions ever stayed in one place? :confused:
  • Options
    5 years is a disgrace.

The sentence for a man who rapes a 13 month old baby i think should be Capital Punishment, people may say he dosen't deserve death and our society would fall apart if that started to happen but to be honest i don't give a flying fuck, he should have recieved the death penalty or else LIFE and life should mean life.
  • Options
    Originally posted by LacyMay
    Yes and from that, people are discussing whether or not the judge makes a habit of giving out lenient sentences.

yeah exactly. that's what I mean. just that this thread is supposed to be about the judge.

never mind. just read...
    You've gone off the point of the guy in question and turned on the judge.

...and got confused :p
  • Options

:yes:

what, a 12 month accident?

i think the judge may have a screw loose too. or maybe he just hates children.

it would be interesting to know if he has ever sentenced someone who raped an adult woman, and what sentence he gave.
  • Options
    why defer the sentence? I don't understand either.

Treat it as an accident and punish him accordingly. Ipersonally believe it probably was an accident, i.e. not intentional, but caused by a massive case of neglect.

I would imagine and hope though, that the knowledge of what he has done will be enough to stop him being so stupid again. Unfortunately, that doesn't stop his poor daughter being scarred for life.
  • Options
    Thanks Lacy.

I find that case a bit wierd to be honest. Like if I put our Becks in a bath with hot water and she was burned as bad as what the hospital said then the first thing I would have done is dialled 999 for an ambulance, I wouldnt have phoned my sister then took her to hospital. A screaming toddler in agony would be an awful thing to witness Id want HELP straight away.
    It says nothing about him being given a care order or Social Services order to teach him parenting etc which I would have thought that would have been within that link you put up.
    Im not saying it wasnt an accident but sommat just tells me theres something fishy about that case.
  • Options
    Sorry in my book he is just a monster.

He's not. He's a human being. A fucked up nasty one, but human nonetheless. Realising this and trying to find out what makes human beings do nasty things like this is the only way forward.
    To merely dismiss people as being "monsters" is unproductive IMO.
  • Options
    I think that they should have given him the death penalty! they know it was him from the pictures he took, so there would be no room for mistake. The death penalty has not been banned in the country, its just not been used for a very long time because the last time they used it they found out that the so called offender was innocent and they didnt want it happening again, so they stopped useing it. yet there has been no complete ban. you can still be hung if you commit high treason.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Blagsta
    He's not.

In your opinion maybe, Ive given my opinion and I think he's a monster.

So is this where rehabilitation comes in......as normal :rolleyes:
  • Options
    In your opinion maybe, Ive given my opinion and I think he's a monster.

So is this where rehabilitation comes in......as normal :rolleyes:

You can think what you like. He's a human being.
  • Options
    You can think what you like. He's a human being.

ok go on I will let you have the last word on this.

He's a human being in your eyes :rolleyes:

Now can we move forward and discuss the topic in hand, lets not debate that I think he's something totally different from you.
  • Options
    Re: rape of a thirteen month old girl ...
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    just been reading yesterdays paper ...a bloke just got 5yrs for raping a thirteen month old baby! i cannot comrehend the mans behaviour. i dread to think what its done to the little girl and her family. but 5yrs! the judge that gave the sentence should be struck off and thrown in jail himself. you get 5yrs for nicking a few quid or beating someone up a bit to rough. this man deserved life at the very least. he'll be out in about two years if he behaves himself in jail.
    He stands to be released in three years if he behaves himself (not kicking up a fuss about the crushed glass in his food, for example).

He'll be dead in two years, maybe less.

He'll wish he was dead in two weeks, maybe less.
  • Options
    ok go on I will let you have the last word on this.

He's a human being in your eyes

It *is* on topic. The tabloid representation of the paedophile lurking in the bushes, of peadophiles being "other" (which calling this guy a monster is doing), is totally unhelpful to the situation. It sweeps under the carpet the fact that most child abuse occurs in the family home by relatives or friends of the family. A fact that is too uncomfortable for most people to think about. It also avoids the issue of why people behave in this way and what can maybe be done to avoid people turning out like that.
  • Options
    It *is* on topic. The tabloid representation of the paedophile lurking in the bushes, of peadophiles being "other" (which calling this guy a monster is doing), is totally unhelpful to the situation.

I am not interested in him at this moment, all I can think about is this poor baby that he did it to. Can you imagine what that baby would be like getting raped? can you imagine the screaming of agony she would be in? Can you just imagine that and you tell me he is not an animal........yeah right and your also having a laugh. An animal will cause pain and suffering, like when a dog bites. You get the picture?

So what should we do to him to make sure no sick animal does it to another baby?

Lock him up and throw away the key?
    Let him loose in prison?
    Death penalty?
    Let him feel the pain that he made that baby feel?

I really think he should be locked up for life and it mean LIFE !!!!
    Never let this sick bastard out to do the same again.
  • Options
    I am not interested in him at this moment, all I can think about is this poor baby that he did it to. Can you imagine what that baby would be like getting raped? can you imagine the screaming of agony she would be in? Can you just imagine that and you tell me he is not an animal........yeah right and your also having a laugh. An animal will cause pain and suffering, like when a dog bites. You get the picture?

So what should we do to him to make sure no sick animal does it to another baby?

Lock him up and throw away the key?
    Let him loose in prison?
    Death penalty?
    Let him feel the pain that he made that baby feel?

I really think he should be locked up for life and it mean LIFE !!!!
    Never let this sick bastard out to do the same again.

:rolleyes:

Missed the point entirely. I was trying to enter into a discussion about what can be done in the future to stop this sort of thing happening. If thats too intellectual for you, then just say so.
  • Options
    Re: Re: rape of a thirteen month old girl ...
    Originally posted by Uncle Joe

He'll be dead in two years, maybe less.

I hope he is not dead in 2 years time. I hope every day in that prison he is shitting himself, watching his back, being afraid to even go out for excersise, let him have this overwhelming fear like he subjected this baby too.
  • Options
    :rolleyes:

Missed the point entirely. I was trying to enter into a discussion about what can be done in the future to stop this sort of thing happening. If thats too intellectual for you, then just say so.

Rehabilitation you mean, yeah I said that about 3 posts ago. I knew someone would bring that into it :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Rehabilitation you mean, yeah I said that about 3 posts ago. I knew someone would bring that into it :rolleyes:

Where did I mention rehabilitation? :confused:
  • Options
    I can see where you're both coming from Becky and Blagsta. The man is scum, and probably doesn't even deserve to be called a human being, but at the end of the day, he is a human being and like Blagsta says, we have to work out why this happens and what can be done to stop it.
  • Options
    I can see where you're both coming from Becky and Blagsta. The man is scum, and probably doesn't even deserve to be called a human being, but at the end of the day, he is a human being and like Blagsta says, we have to work out why this happens and what can be done to stop it.

thank you :)

To dismiss certain people as just being "evil" or being "monsters" is too simplify and dismiss a complex problem.
  • Options
    we have to work out why this happens and what can be done to stop it.

and if he is out in 2 years time do you think we will have any insight as to why he did it or how we can stop others from doing it?

All this sentence will do is tell people rape a baby and you will get slapped hands. Two years of your life in the slammer and then get out. Now if it was say LIFE and mean LIFE then that is sending the message out that you will not get away with it, you will be made to pay for your crime.
  • Options
    and if he is out in 2 years time do you think we will have any insight as to why he did it or how we can stop others from doing it?

All this sentence will do is tell people rape a baby and you will get slapped hands. Two years of your life in the slammer and then get out. Now if it was say LIFE and mean LIFE then that is sending the message out that you will not get away with it, you will be made to pay for your crime.

Why don't you try reading what people actually write instead of reading what you thought they wrote?
    No one on this thread is saying that he shouldn't have got a longer sentence. No one is saying that he should be let out in 2 years time.
  • Options
    Why don't you try reading what people actually write instead of reading what you thought they wrote?
    No one on this thread is saying that he shouldn't have got a longer sentence. No one is saying that he should be let out in 2 years time.

So come on then you tell me how you think you can stop others from doing it. Im saying put them away for life and mean life then the message getting sent out is that you will NOT be released to do the same again.
    As you seem to be saying to me get into the mind of someone who rapes babies Im saying if he is released after 2 years then we will still be no way nearer to finding out why he is sick in the head.

Im not disputing anyone here is saying that 5 years is too short a sentence so dont start insinuating and speaking for me.