Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

American Blackouts - Terroism?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
There are power failures all over the North East of America and parts of Canada. No one knows whats gone wrong yet. There are thousands of people in the streets. What do you think is happening? Terroism or just a very big problem with their power grid.

Comments

• Options
    Everything in america gets put down to terrorism at the moment, im guessing its just a power failure. The bush admin declares everything to be terrorism, when only a minute portion of it is...
  • Options
    It's probably just a power failure but hope not.
  • Options
    They're saying there is nothing to point towards terroism but it does seem a bit strange. The power failure is on a massive scale. People trapped in lifts from New York to Toronto.
  • Options
    last i heard was they are saying one power station has developed a fualt which has effected lots of others ...doesn't sound right to me.
    there are no computors, traffic lights, aircon, air traffic control tv etc etc. it's a massive area ...if it's terrorists it's fucking clever and frightenening.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    last i heard was they are saying one power station has developed a fualt which has effected lots of others ...doesn't sound right to me.
    there are no computors, traffic lights, aircon, air traffic control tv etc etc. it's a massive area ...if it's terrorists it's fucking clever and frightenening.

Well i think its terrorist although the americans could make the biggest power fuck up ever
  • Options
    Originally posted by *raver*
    They're saying there is nothing to point towards terroism but it does seem a bit strange. The power failure is on a massive scale. People trapped in lifts from New York to Toronto.

A lot of the places will have emergency batteries backing them up though, such as lifts, computers, air traffic control etc. Theres a lot of technology put in place for events such as this...

I doubt terrorists have the experience, knowledge or capability to be doing something this large a scale though. And even so, Its more of an annoyance than a problem.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Rude_boyz
    Well i think its terrorist although the americans could make the biggest power fuck up ever

Yes, but how could terrorists access multiple power plants undetected?

Im just sceptical of terrorism since the americans launched the "war on terrorism"
  • Options
    come on lets all think straight here please!

This is happening in America.... It must be aliens
  • Options

What is that supposed to mean?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Not So Harmless
    come on lets all think straight here please!

This is happening in America.... It must be aliens

come to think of it, it does remind me of independance day... :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Matadore
    What is that supposed to mean?

Thats what I thought. Did you want it to be terroists?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Shogun

so what do you hope it is then?
  • Options
    I think he phrased it wrong... dunno though.

Its better if it is just a power failure really, if its terrorists 99% of america's population will get the gas masks etc out again...
  • Options
    strange thing is they have a national grid like ours. one power station goes down for whatever reason then the others automaticaly take up the slack. loads of power stations have gone down together or the distribution network has gone down between many of them. very strange.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Doofay
    I think he phrased it wrong... dunno though.

Its better if it is just a power failure really, if its terrorists 99% of america's population will get the gas masks etc out again...

hay thats not a bad thing, this country was doing it in the 40's

The yanks just have to catch up and are starting to realise that there is a big bad world past their seas and it can get them.

They always wounder why there are no bins on the underground or around most of london's tourist attractions.

Thats what 30 odd years of bombing campaigns does to a city i guess...
  • Options
    strange thing is they have a national grid like ours. one power station goes down for whatever reason then the others automaticaly take up the slack. loads of power stations have gone down together or the distribution network has gone down between many of them. very strange.

stop it, your scaring me old man!

Its the aliens!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:nervous:
  • Options
    thousands trapped underground on the subway ...seriously hot apparently.
    oh how fragile our high tech lives are aye!
  • Options
    Surely the important places have generators for power failures...
  • Options
    i just heard this on the radio, its quite scary, i hope its not terrorism...:(
  • Options
    Oh and by the way Shogun, your comment reads like you're saying you hope it IS an act of terrorism, (if it's not what you mean then you've phrased your comment badly) if that's the case then I hope you feel good about yourself for it.. What a shitty and narrow minded thing to say.. I seen first hand how the September 11th incident affected some Americans and it was something I wouldn't wish on anybody.. What a fucked up comment..

I assure you he didnt phrase it wrong , if you read his posts in the politics board you will see his attitude towards America.
  • Options
    Okay i'm mistaken, I don't hope it was terrorism , i know it's not right for innocent people like the american people in September 11th but what about all the other innocent people in Iraq,Afghanistan, Vientam...and other countries where america have sent their troops to wreck havoc...it's called a taste of their own medicine but i wouldn't want at all to see innocent people killed just to get back at Bush and the like or at the hands of Bush.
  • Options
    Bush

Maybe if Bush got sucked into a power station or something.

the world would be a better place
  • Options
    Yawn. All this anti-America crap is just that...crap. Now shut up. Thank Ye.
  • Options
    Okay i'm mistaken, I don't hope it was terrorism , i know it's not right for innocent people like the american people in September 11th but what about all the other innocent people in Iraq,Afghanistan, Vientam...and other countries where america have sent their troops to wreck havoc...it's called a taste of their own medicine but i wouldn't want at all to see innocent people killed just to get back at Bush and the like or at the hands of Bush.

ok he has a point but what about england or anyother country? Every country as done shitty things like that at some point.

America is a young country and its mistakes are alot more fresh then most. thats all.
  • Options
    When I was in Toronto a 3/4 years ago they had several power failures during the day - I think it's just down to bad management of the two country's national grid.

Alot of the electricity in that area comes from Niagra Falls and it probabaly changes with the flow of the water!
  • Options
    Originally posted by LacyMay
    people in general are NOT anti american. anti the corrupt and very dangerous american administration yes. you might not be old enough to remember the election that bush cheated in to get into power but most thinking people in the western world knew that afghanistan and iraq would be invaded if bush came to power. funny how we all knew in advance aye?
  • Options

Hear Hear!
  • Options
    people in general are NOT anti american. anti the corrupt and very dangerous american administration yes. you might not be old enough to remember the election that bush cheated in to get into power but most thinking people in the western world knew that afghanistan and iraq would be invaded if bush came to power. funny how we all knew in advance aye?
    aye it is rolly, not to mention who ended up being the lackeys.

oh and mataodore....why is it old labour same danger, shouldnt it be old labour, no danger?
  • Options
    hahahaha someone noticed my sig.

No , the 'Old Labour' has always been the danger , the hardcore left wingers that were the leaders of the labour party in the 70's and 80's.

Theyre circling like vultures now , planning to remove Blair from power.

If that happens this country will be doomed.
  • Options
    Originally posted by The Matadore
    hahahaha someone noticed my sig.

No , the 'Old Labour' has always been the danger , the hardcore left wingers that were the leaders of the labour party in the 70's and 80's.

Theyre circling like vultures now , planning to remove Blair from power.

If that happens this country will be doomed.

i noticed it a while ago, and this country would be better off without tony and his cronies. Bring back the "hardcore left wingers"anytime.