Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What car do you have?

2»

Comments

• Options
    FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,312 Wise Owl
    leyla26 wrote: »
    Sorry for this being soooo late to reply to, been a busy week

You know about the Peugeot, but at the moment I'm also driving my dad's i10 because he's unwell and don't want it to just sit there so I swap between them because I';m insured to drive both. It's way nicer to drive than mine because the clutch isnt stupidly high, apparently french cars tend to have high clutches but I dont know how true that is! Only thing is it's white so it gets absolutely filthy

Actually can't even drive my Peugeot atm because realised it has a massivecrack in the windscreen and theres too many potholes on the way to work to risk it, so gotta wait for that to get fixed!

@leyla26 no problem about the late reply, I thought you forgot so I was just gonna remind you which is no problem, good surprise to see you reply now though.

I do know about your Peugeot, its a red 108 right ? Definitely not a bad first car or even 2nd. Hyundais are nice, over time they have just got better. I heard Peugeot clutches are high, we had one as a courtesy car and I remember hearing its got a high clutch.

Hopefully you get your car fixed soon and hopefully your dad gets well soon too. Thanks so much for replying too x .
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 839 Part of The Mix Family
    Hey! so I actually got my car after a long time and I’ve got my driving test in June so I’m gonna get loads of practice and hopefully between NOW and then it is a Toyota Yaris and its blue! It’s an automatic. Does anybody else drive an automatic ?Exciting times :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    ebyrne556 wrote: »
    Hey! so I actually got my car after a long time and I’ve got my driving test in June so I’m gonna get loads of practice and hopefully between NOW and then it is a Toyota Yaris and its blue! It’s an automatic. Does anybody else drive an automatic ?Exciting times :)

@ebyrne556 is it a hybrid?
  • Options
    leyla26leyla26 Moderator Posts: 3,515 Community Veteran
    @FordRanger never would forget buddy!

Yeah 108, I definitely can’t complain as it for a first car like im very lucky. I just don’t think I’ll be going for a Peugeot again after this, definitely prefer Hyundais so might end up getting one of those. But I have no reason to get rid of my car, my area isn’t ridiculously hilly so I can get away with the high clutch most of the time. And it’s been good for motorway driving and stuff

My friend essentially gave all her savings and is gonna pay her dad back to get this as her first car because she passed a few months ago! It was really nice to be a passenger in 624r4yuhxq8h.jpeg

I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    edited March 31
    leyla26 wrote: »
    @FordRanger never would forget buddy!

Yeah 108, I definitely can’t complain as it for a first car like im very lucky. I just don’t think I’ll be going for a Peugeot again after this, definitely prefer Hyundais so might end up getting one of those. But I have no reason to get rid of my car, my area isn’t ridiculously hilly so I can get away with the high clutch most of the time. And it’s been good for motorway driving and stuff

My friend essentially gave all her savings and is gonna pay her dad back to get this as her first car because she passed a few months ago! It was really nice to be a passenger in 624r4yuhxq8h.jpeg

@leyla26 that's nice that you wouldn't forget.

Yh, does it have the touch screen too? How long have you had it? I think it's way nicer than the 107 it replaced. Its the pretty much the same car as a citroen c1 and Toyota aygo of thst era. I heard the insurance is one of the cheapest too for new drivers or young people. I would maybe go for a Hyundai over a Peugeot too, maybe depending on the model. The latest 208 looks nice and the 308, I saw one the other day it looks nice. A few of their current line up is nice. Same with Hyundai, they used to be cheap and cheap quality. Also I think Dacia are getting better their current like up have pretty nice interiors and exteriors. They have gone up in price a bit but it is a way better cars and still cheaper than a lot of others.

That Polo is a pretty nice car, especially as a first or second car for a young person. Even for any age its a nice car if it fits their wants and needs.
  • Options
    FordRanger wrote: »

It is indeed hehe

• Options

It is indeed hehe

@ebyrne556 decent car, what year is it ?
  • Options

It is indeed hehe

2023 p sure :)
  • Options
    yana wrote: »
    this is so random but i rlly want a pink car one day. tbh i don't like pink that much i think it's overused a lot but ig it depends on the shade. but basically when i was little i seemed to love cars, especially pink ones. my dad used to go away loads on trips abroad for work and he'd ask me what i wanted and i'd always say 'PINK CAR' and one day he came back with this huge adorable pink toy car like i mean HUGE and it's still in my room i love it so much for some reason idk it just makes me feel so nostalgic i loved that thing so yeah i feel like it'll be cool to get a pink car one day

@yana lbfvjc6te29z.jpg
  • Options

It is indeed hehe

2023 p sure :)

@ebyrne556 that's even better as it's not far off brand new