Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What car do you have?

FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,450 Wise Owl
Im bored so thought I'd ask what cars you guys have for anyone who's got one.
«1

Comments

  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,956 Extreme Poster
    Hey. I don't have any car, I don't even have a driving licence yet which is kinda embarrassing since I'm 20 and all my friends already have one :sweat_smile: What car do you have? (Bare in mind I'm not very knowledgeable about cars, sorry haha)
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,450 Wise Owl
    JJLemon18 wrote: »
    Hey. I don't have any car, I don't even have a driving licence yet which is kinda embarrassing since I'm 20 and all my friends already have one :sweat_smile: What car do you have? (Bare in mind I'm not very knowledgeable about cars, sorry haha)

    It's not embarrassing like it's expensive to learn to drive and run a car. I just have a Ford Fiesta.
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,956 Extreme Poster
    @FordRanger That's cool. My dad has a ford c max and its pretty nice.
    Yea it is expensive, also I doubt I'd be capable driving a car properly, I can't focus or do many things at once so I'm worried about even trying. But people keep making fun of me for it haha, my parents keep telling me that I should start getting my licence soon and are comparing me to so many other people who have already got one. Its kinda frustrating tbh.
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,450 Wise Owl
    JJLemon18 wrote: »
    @FordRanger That's cool. My dad has a ford c max and its pretty nice.
    Yea it is expensive, also I doubt I'd be capable driving a car properly, I can't focus or do many things at once so I'm worried about even trying. But people keep making fun of me for it haha, my parents keep telling me that I should start getting my licence soon and are comparing me to so many other people who have already got one. Its kinda frustrating tbh.

    @JJLemon18 nice do you know what year the C Max is?

    You could maybe do automatic but you don't know unless you try it, you might be good. There's no rush to get a licence
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,956 Extreme Poster
    @FordRanger oof can't remember, I will check later and let you know.
    Thanks, you're right I should probably try it. Right now though I have a lot other things on my mind so I doubt I'll get to it any time soon.
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 897 Part of The Mix Family
    Heya Hmm idk what car im going to go for after I eventually pass my test haha. Im finding it so hard to learn but ill get their aha How did u find it/how r others finding it. I agree automatic definelty has helped reduce my worries about trying it and does take the pressure off the gear learning etc plus most cars will probably b automatic in the future. Worth giving it a go tho id recommend :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,450 Wise Owl
    edited June 2023
    ebyrne556 wrote: »
    Heya Hmm idk what car im going to go for after I eventually pass my test haha. Im finding it so hard to learn but ill get their aha How did u find it/how r others finding it. I agree automatic definelty has helped reduce my worries about trying it and does take the pressure off the gear learning etc plus most cars will probably b automatic in the future. Worth giving it a go tho id recommend :)

    @ebyrne556 I found it hard it first but was ok after I got the right instructor
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,159 Community Veteran
    JJLemon18 wrote: »
    Hey. I don't have any car, I don't even have a driving licence yet which is kinda embarrassing since I'm 20 and all my friends already have one :sweat_smile: What car do you have? (Bare in mind I'm not very knowledgeable about cars, sorry haha)

    I also don't have a car either yet as I haven't got my actual provisional license and stuff yet. But when I do I might get a mini cooper or a ford as they are nice cars. My family though do own a picasso car which we have had for a while now. So I think we might be looking for another one at some point which is exciting too.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,450 Wise Owl
    Amy22 wrote: »
    JJLemon18 wrote: »
    Hey. I don't have any car, I don't even have a driving licence yet which is kinda embarrassing since I'm 20 and all my friends already have one :sweat_smile: What car do you have? (Bare in mind I'm not very knowledgeable about cars, sorry haha)

    I also don't have a car either yet as I haven't got my actual provisional license and stuff yet. But when I do I might get a mini cooper or a ford as they are nice cars. My family though do own a picasso car which we have had for a while now. So I think we might be looking for another one at some point which is exciting too.

    Cool
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,160 Part of The Furniture
    I’ve got a Fiat punto , used to have a Fiat 500 but the gearbox went on it so we had to get a new one .

    I learnt automatic. I tried a few lessons on manual and it was stressing me out so I stopped .Then a few months later I picked up lessons again with a different instructor and automatic… mind you took me like 4 attempts to pass my theory 😂
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    jess63jess63 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    I’ve got a little ford KA, not the best car in the world but I like it, and it’s my first car so I love her 😂
    The steps you take don't have to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.
  • Options
    FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,450 Wise Owl
    Millie2787 wrote: »
    I’ve got a Fiat punto , used to have a Fiat 500 but the gearbox went on it so we had to get a new one .

    I learnt automatic. I tried a few lessons on manual and it was stressing me out so I stopped .Then a few months later I picked up lessons again with a different instructor and automatic… mind you took me like 4 attempts to pass my theory 😂

    Nice
  • Options
    FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,450 Wise Owl
    jess63 wrote: »
    I’ve got a little ford KA, not the best car in the world but I like it, and it’s my first car so I love her 😂

    @jess63 yh they are bad cars especially as a new driver. What year is it?
  • Options
    FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,450 Wise Owl
    Morgyn007 wrote: »
    @ebyrne556 and @FordRanger im not learning as im 16 and I need to learn my left and right haha

    @Morgyn007 will you learn when you're old enough? I think that won't be much of an issue
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,159 Community Veteran
    I really like the new Tesla cars tho they are so pricey too at the moment because they are electric cars. However I think the price should come down for them as like I know they are urging more people to buy electric cars cuz of the environment
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,450 Wise Owl
    Amy22 wrote: »
    I really like the new Tesla cars tho they are so pricey too at the moment because they are electric cars. However I think the price should come down for them as like I know they are urging more people to buy electric cars cuz of the environment

    Yh they are pretty nice
  • Options
    yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,294 Wise Owl
    this is so random but i rlly want a pink car one day. tbh i don't like pink that much i think it's overused a lot but ig it depends on the shade. but basically when i was little i seemed to love cars, especially pink ones. my dad used to go away loads on trips abroad for work and he'd ask me what i wanted and i'd always say 'PINK CAR' and one day he came back with this huge adorable pink toy car like i mean HUGE and it's still in my room i love it so much for some reason idk it just makes me feel so nostalgic i loved that thing so yeah i feel like it'll be cool to get a pink car one day
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • Options
    FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,450 Wise Owl
    Xee wrote: »
    this is so random but i rlly want a pink car one day. tbh i don't like pink that much i think it's overused a lot but ig it depends on the shade. but basically when i was little i seemed to love cars, especially pink ones. my dad used to go away loads on trips abroad for work and he'd ask me what i wanted and i'd always say 'PINK CAR' and one day he came back with this huge adorable pink toy car like i mean HUGE and it's still in my room i love it so much for some reason idk it just makes me feel so nostalgic i loved that thing so yeah i feel like it'll be cool to get a pink car one day

    Cool, I wouldn't have a pink car lol but nice. Do you know which particular pink car you'd have?
  • Options
    spacedogspacedog Posts: 984 Part of The Mix Family
    I wish I had a car but I have epilepsy lol - I mean I get a free bus pass for the rest of my life lmao, although the buses where I live are always like 50 minutes late
  • Options
    FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,450 Wise Owl
    I wish I had a car but I have epilepsy lol - I mean I get a free bus pass for the rest of my life lmao, although the buses where I live are always like 50 minutes late

    Maybe self driving cars will come at some point and you could get one of them
  • Options
    yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,294 Wise Owl
    @FordRanger in an ideal world i'd have a cute little pink porsche but i doubt that will ever happen lol
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • Options
    FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,450 Wise Owl
    Xee wrote: »
    @FordRanger in an ideal world i'd have a cute little pink porsche but i doubt that will ever happen lol

    I think I've never seen a pink Porsche
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,956 Extreme Poster
    Porsche are definitely my favourite! I never seen a pink one but I feel like it would look super cool
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,159 Community Veteran
    I think a pink porsche would be awesome next to a custom one with a flame design kind of similar to the thrasher style hoodie. I also found out recently self driving might be becoming a thing real soon. They tested it out somewhere and it worked. I know places such as Japan have started to use self driving buses and trams.

    Oo it reminds me of this video from an airport, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnbTcE4Xdoo

    its a self driving shuttle which drives you to the airport and I think from the runaway too. It's supposed to be a faster way of accessing the airport and the terminals.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    FordRangerFordRanger Posts: 1,450 Wise Owl
    Amy22 wrote: »
    I think a pink porsche would be awesome next to a custom one with a flame design kind of similar to the thrasher style hoodie. I also found out recently self driving might be becoming a thing real soon. They tested it out somewhere and it worked. I know places such as Japan have started to use self driving buses and trams.

    Oo it reminds me of this video from an airport, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnbTcE4Xdoo

    its a self driving shuttle which drives you to the airport and I think from the runaway too. It's supposed to be a faster way of accessing the airport and the terminals.

    Woah, that's cool
  • Options
    leyla26leyla26 Moderator Posts: 3,701 Community Veteran
    Sorry for this being soooo late to reply to, been a busy week

    You know about the Peugeot, but at the moment I'm also driving my dad's i10 because he's unwell and don't want it to just sit there so I swap between them because I';m insured to drive both. It's way nicer to drive than mine because the clutch isnt stupidly high, apparently french cars tend to have high clutches but I dont know how true that is! Only thing is it's white so it gets absolutely filthy

    Actually can't even drive my Peugeot atm because realised it has a massivecrack in the windscreen and theres too many potholes on the way to work to risk it, so gotta wait for that to get fixed!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
Sign In or Register to comment.