Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Stuff I get told about

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
I get told about stuff n I take on board, I tell or notify ppl tht this is bad n this could land them in trouble
Is tht bad? Am I doin the right thing?
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• yanayana Community Champion Posts: 1,294 Wise Owl
    Hey @ellie2000 ! I'd say it's a good thing that you're trying to help people do the right thing, it isn't bad. But sometimes people just don't listen and it can be hard to convince them what to do or what not to do. I'd say try your best to focus on yourself and what you can do :)
    my brain is not braining the way brains are meant to brain
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Completely agree with Xee on this one @ellie2000 <3 Sometimes people say or do bad things, some of the time this will be done in ignorance (i.e., they don't know that they are doing something bad) and other times people do bad things simply because they want to. Figuring out which is which can be immensely challenging, especially if you don't know someone very well yet.

Regardless, it is always useful to tell people what you think about what they are saying or doing. If someone is acting in a way that could hurt somebody else, it can be very scary to open your mouth and let them know that you are not comfortable with this. Nevertheless, it shows extreme bravery and is important to do (so long as it is safe to do so) because then you can help the person to learn and become a kinder/better person. <3

What's got you thinking about this? xx
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Terry8936Terry8936 Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    @ellie2000 I think it's helpful to tell people your thoughts about what they are saying or doing. Clear communication will help each other!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.