Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

23rd april

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
Wats this about a air raid siren on mobile phones on tht date
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,465 Wise Owl
    Basically it’s a test for a government alert on our phones so that they can inform people of emergencies in the future (for things like extreme weather, flooding etc). A message may pop up on your phone if you have one as well as your phone making a siren noise. Some other countries have it like the USA and I guess now us too. On April 23rd they are checking it works by sending out a test message to us

Hope that helps a bit
    Sending hugs
    Sinead :3
  • JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 2,021 Boards Champion
    edited September 18
    Past User wrote: »
    They better not do it during school lol

Don't worry, 23rd of April is a Sunday ;)
    Post edited by patrickDev on
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 2,021 Boards Champion
    edited September 18
    Past User wrote: »
    @JJLemon18 few haha. Love ur signature haha
    You didn't see it before? I literally put it there when I replied to your post asking what the signature settings are. I left it because its funny :lol:
    Post edited by patrickDev on
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
    @sinead276 @JJLemon18 ppl mite think it's a hack? 4 those who have vulnerable minds
    Crazy mad insane
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
    Should we worry
    Crazy mad insane
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    I think you make a very fair point about vulnerable people @ellie2000 , and this can mean people who may have a learning disability or mental health needs or someone who is less familiar with technology.

I actually had a colleague ask me yesterday about it because she was so concerned after seeing fear-mongering WhatsApp stories being shared about it. She thought that people would lose access to their phones if they didn't respond to the alert on the Sunday. After doing some googling together we were able to feel more reassured.

Equally, not everyone knows how to do a quick google and can be left feeling pretty panic-stricken, which is why we should definitely all look out for each other <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.