Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Friday night Support thread (19/8)

2»

Comments

• leyla26leyla26 Moderator Posts: 4,156 Community Veteran
    Chloe234 wrote: »
    Havent even had dinner yet lol, was at the pub however tmmr we are going out to the pub and going out for lunch but the pub is in the evening and im gonna wear my bridesmaid dress 💔🥺

Wearing your bridesmaid dress sounds like a lovely tribute to her, she'll get to look down and see it <3

I'm also happy to stick around for a bit longer if that's what you need Chloe!!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 3,166 Boards Guru
    Thanls @leyla26 but ill have to have dinner
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
    Enjoy your nights ill be fine alone x
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,874 Legendary Poster
    Havent even had dinner yet lol, was at the pub however tmmr we are going out to the pub and going out for lunch but the pub is in the evening and im gonna wear my bridesmaid dress 💔🥺

That breaks my heart. It sounds so lonely. @Chloe234
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Enjoy your nights ill be fine alone x

As long as you're sure Chloe :( I'll be thinking of you and your family tomorrow, especially your step mum <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Remember the helpline is open until 11 @Chloe234 and there are services such as Shout or the Samaritans that are available 24/7. We are all here for you, do keep reaching out, you deserve a space to work through this all <3 Just dropping in some support options so you have the details:
    Crisis Messenger (24/7) | text THEMIX to 85258
    Samartians (24/7) | call 116 123 | email jo@samaritans.org
    Papyrus (2pm-midnight) | call 0800 068 41 41 | text 07786 209 697 | email pat@payrus-uk.org
    Supportline (hours vary) | call 01708 765 200
    Childline | call 0800 11 11
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,500 The Mix Elder
    If you need anyone to talk to Chloe I'm always here if you need anything
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
    I cant force any of you to stay back, its my struggles and yeah im shaking alot holding in a complete brekdown trying my best but ill be fine thankyou @leyla26 @Ed_ @independent_ and @Amy22 and @Ed_ i cant talk to helplines i struggle too much sorry
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
    I cant force any of you to stay back, its my struggles and yeah im shaking alot holding in a complete brekdown trying my best but ill be fine thankyou @leyla26 @Ed_ @independent_ and @Amy22 and @Ed_ i cant talk to helplines i struggle too much sorry

Not forcing us Chloe, it's our choice after all, it's what we're here for :) But I do understand it might make you feel guilty or pressured, so the choice is yours of course. And totally get not being able to use helplines, it's amazing that you reach out at all, it can be hard to reach out to lots of different places especially ones that are spoken out loud on the phone
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,874 Legendary Poster
    @Chloe234 I work on a helpline, I wouldn't stay if I didn't want to support you, I promise you that. Please, please don't struggle alone, even if you want to write things out in a post to get them out, then at least it's off your chest. We're all here !
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Thankyou @leyla26 and @independent_ but i have to eat now and i cant expect you to do that❤️but really thankyou❤️
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
    No need to apologise @Chloe234, it can be hard to reach out for support at times like this, so I am glad you have found us here on the community. With the helplines, there are some that have text based options if that makes it any easier? It can be hard to open up, but equally, the people who work/volunteer on helplines know this and are trained to support people to feel comfortable and ready to share, some such as the Samaritans will just listen, whatever you want to talk about, which may just be to distract from everything going on. Do keep reaching out in ways that you feel comfortable, I am sure there will be lots of people here who will be willing to listen and talk things through :3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Thankyou @leyla26 and @independent_ but i have to eat now and i cant expect you to do that❤️but really thankyou❤️

Enjoy your dinner @Chloe234 , and take @independent_'s advice if you feel you want to make a post or talk more about it on posts you've made before. Biggest hugs Chloe <3
    Thanks @leyla26 ❤️i couldnt eat it, ive just come upstairs to sit alone in my room, im really not ok😓 enjoy your night tho x ive already made a thread abt it i cant make another
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
    Thanks @Ed_ but i cant even do that 😞ill be ok
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
    Hey everyone, we are just about to wrap up for tonight, however do know that the boards are still here to chat if you want to :3 As a way of closing up, I'd encourage you to find a few things that can help you take a step away and unwind from some of the stuff we have been talking about tonight.

Here are a couple of suggestions from us:
    Try a yoga breathing session
    Watch this exceptional live puppy stream that @leyla26 has found!
    See if you can get to level 100 on tetris or find a different retro game such as pacman

As always, do reach out for support, there are plenty of people that care and want to help :3 dropping some options that are available throughout the night.
    Crisis Messenger (24/7) | text THEMIX to 85258
    Samartians (24/7) | call 116 123 | email jo@samaritans.org
    Papyrus (2pm-midnight) | call 0800 068 41 41 | text 07786 209 697 | email pat@payrus-uk.org
    Supportline (hours vary) | call 01708 765 200
    Childline | call 0800 11 11

Srry for making this thread all abt me tonight. Im really struggling and just ginna sit here for the rest of the night alone, its too hard to reach out to helplines
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
    You don't have to apologise Chloe. It's understandable with everything you have gone through. Please don't feel like you are alone, we are here for you anytime <3
    Thankyou @Amy22 ❤️ unsure if ill be on group tmmr btw
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
    @Chloe234 That's okay no worries :+1: