Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

BPD and unmedicated

Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster

This is hard. I want to SH so so bad I've been disociating from the urges. I even went over my DBT folder but it's too intense this time. I spent my days tired, scared and hating myself I just want a peace of mind. I don't want to upset or worry anyone but I keep thinking of ending it all just I can have peace, it's too hard.

I'm safe

Comments

• Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    Always good to see you around, Salix. :) Proud of you for reaching out.

Noticed you posted this quite late - how was your night in the end? Did you get much sleep?

I also want to acknowledge the really considerate way you shared that you were having thoughts of suicide in this post. You did the right thing to get that out, and I know there's never a time where it feels easy to release those thoughts into the world. Have you told anyone else? Either mental health / crisis services or someone close to you personally?

For what it's worth, I really get that thing of wanting peace. Most people who have experience of depression or any of these things can probably relate to how exhausting it is, how loud your brain constantly feels, and how much you just want it to stop - even just for a moment. It's rough and I want to remind you that it's an achievement to stay engaged with it and to keep reaching out. You're doing well, even if it feels like you're trying to walk through treacle.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    Hey @Mike It's nice to hear from you as always and thank you for taking the time out of your day to reply to my thread. I think I ended up getting enough sleep even thought I've completely destroyed my sleep pattern 😅

I always feel guilty for saying that I've been feeling suicidal. I haven't told anyone at all, not even my partner or crisis when I called. It's so hard to talk about because I don't want to upset anyone. I've cried on the phone to my best friends when they've mentioned really endearing things about me in their future unbeknown that I couldn't see myself that far ahead. I couldn't wrap my head around the fact that someone loved me so much that they made me a part of their story.

You're spot on, we all just want a break from the constant noise and for all the pain to stop.

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hey @Salix_alba_2019. Well done and thanks to you for continuing to be so open to us even though you are struggling, that takes strength and courage.

It is really positive to hear you think you ended up getting enough sleep. Though, it sounds frustrating that your sleep pattern has been destroyed.

You have done so well telling us how you are feeling and what you are experiencing! Especially as this is not something you have felt comfortable sharing with other people.

What might help this to feel more manageable for you at the moment? We are all listening to you if you would like to share more with us.

Sending you hugs! As I say, we are all here for you and care about you. Please feel free to keep us updated with how you are doing :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Thank you @Laura_tigger82 for your reply and words of wisdom

I made an informed decision to work a night rota but it's coming to an end as I don't think it's sustainable in the long run. Sleep is one of the biggest factor that often my stability as does does for a lot of people. I feel likenim still trying to adjust my circadian rhythm which is a reall pain, my body keeps trying to revert to day shift.

I try to talk where I can without setting off alarm bells. I haven't been 100% or explicitly told anyone about how suicidal I've been feeling, perhaps I will when I pluck up the courage. Part of me is scared of what will happen and part of me wants to live and the other part has a very ingrained mindset that I'd be better off gone. It's awful I know and I don't want to get into it. It's hard to ask for help when you feel like the right thing to do is commit suicide.

Again thank you for your time
  • Options
    Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    edited July 2022
    Hey Salix :)

I know Mike mentioned about crisis lines , how do you feel about possibly reaching out for them in the future ? I know it can be worrying … I know I’ve certainly had some anxieties around speaking to them before .

You mentioned in the title about being unmediated, was that a decision you made or have you just never been on medication. Do you think medication is something you might Benifit from ?

Ps super proud of you each day 💜
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Options
    Hey @Millie2787

I've been trying to reach out to them a bit more to not make people around me worry so much. My MH appointment is far away so I'll just have to make do in the mean time.

I was on meds for about 3 years and then I decided to come off them as they eventually stopped working and I didn't want not keep going up dose when I knew that I had to work on what was going on inside

• Options
    edited August 2022
    I can hear you have been trying to reach out to them a bit more @Salix_alba_2019. How have you found trying to reach out to them a bit more? We are here for you if you would like to share a little more with us.

It sounds tough that your meds eventually stopped working. Though, I can hear that wanting to work on what was going on inside played a role in this too. Have you managed to talk to anyone else about this, such as your GP?

Please feel free to keep us in the loop with how you are doing, we are all here for you :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Hey @Laura_tigger82

Apologies for the late reply,

I had an appointment on the 10th for my physical health and it turned into a mental health appointment too. When the lady asked about how I'd been feeling, I was honest and she didn't hold back on telling me that I needed to call the MH urgently.

I called the crisis team today to see if I could get my MH health assessment moved forward but I ended up calling out of hours so that failed lol.
  • Options
    Hey @Salix_alba_2019. Please don't apologise for the late reply. The most important thing is that you talk to us when you want to, are able to and feel comfortable.

I can hear that your appointment on the 10th for your physical health turned into a mental health appointment too. How are you feeling about that and being told you needed to call the MH urgently?

It sounds positive that you were honest about how you had been feeling. That shows a lot of courage and strength.

Good luck with getting your MH health assessment moved forward. Do you know when you might be able to call them again to get your MH health assessment moved forward?

Please feel free to let us know how you are doing. We are all here for you :)