Home Care Experienced Zone
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Social worker

Morgan007Morgan007 Posts: 28 Boards Initiate
So i was reported by a site not too long ago(not the mix) and they reported me to social services because apparently I'm not capable to make my own decisions because I'm autistic like why does everything get blamed on my autism and what's the big deal.

Anyway I got given a social worker who came to see me once and then ignored all my crisis emails and she promised that she would come back into school to talk to me but never did.

About 4-6 weeks after she left and didn't let me or my mum know and she never closed my case until last week my mum got a call from a different social worker who has closed the case.

I was promised that they would help mw and get mw support yet I've come out more lonely and feeling more abandoned than I did before.

I hate the site that did it and they've had to deal with me complaining about the social worker and I think they know not to report me again to them

Sorry that this is long
Chloe234

Comments

• Morgan007Morgan007 Posts: 28 Boards Initiate
    Mw= me. Sorry typing error
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 2,976 Boards Guru
    Thanks for reaching out to us @Morgan007. I can hear how frustrating it is for you to have had your choices taken away because you are autistic.

It sounds really disappointing that the social worker was supposed to help you and get you support yet ignored all your crisis emails and left and closed the case before you were aware that this would happen. I can hear that this has meant you have come out more lonely and feeling more abandoned than you did before.

Would you like to talk to us about anything? We are here for you if you would like to share more with us.

If you do ever feel in a crisis, The Mix has a Crisis Messenger that you might find helpful. It is available 24/7 and you can contact the Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.

Please feel free to keep us in the loop with how you are doing, we are all here for you! :)
    I'm a community moderator. I represent The Mix on the discussion boards and I'm here to help guide discussions, make sure everything is within guidelines, and take care of the housekeeping. I can't send or receive private messages, but you can message @TheMix or email [email protected] with any questions or concerns and the team will get back to you.

Community Guidelines | How to use the boards | How to report a post | How to report spam
  • Morgan007Morgan007 Posts: 28 Boards Initiate
    @Laura_tigger82 thanks for replying to me :) honestly @Mike knows everything but thanks though :)
    Laura_tigger82