Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Hobbies you’d like to get back into

SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
I’ve started bike riding everywhere and I love it. I felt awful this morning & called in sick to work. Instead of getting myself into a crisis I went on a 5 hours bike ride. And I am feeling a lot better than before I left the house

What’s something you used to enjoy and want to get back doing?
“And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley

Comments

• DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Ooh that sounds great shaunie I always feel like being out in the fresh air helps. I love to run it helps to clear my head although lately I’ve been injured so not able to run as much. I have got back into reading though and I’m really enjoying it.
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    That's lovely to hear @Shaunie hobbies that you can really dedicate your time to are so important everyone needs a way to unwind when you've got free time. As for me I really want to get back into creative writing, it's something that I used to do a ton when I was younger but dropped off of it over time.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    I used to play the trumpet - I'd love to get back into it, but practicing it is a nightmare without annoying the neighbours! :#
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • spoonspoon Posts: 375 Listening Ear
    I need to start reading again!
    Whats a signatureeeww
  • kaiikaii Posts: 434 Listening Ear
    Thank you so much for this thread @Shaunie

I used to do a lot of creative writing - I particularly enjoyed writing short stories. I even participated in writing competitions. I haven't been able to write nowadays because I'm so busy with studies, so my imagination isn't running as wild as it used to :(

I also used to read a lot too - I have a pile of books that I need to read, and I haven't touched any of those books in ages :disappointed: I really love immersing myself in a good book ^^ now that I'm in uni, I have to read a lot of long research papers which is boring.

Hopefully someday I can get back into these hobbies :smile:
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • OwlOwl Posts: 109 The Mix Convert
    whenever you try a hobby, the door is always open to get back into it whenever you take a break for whatever reason and that's a wonderful thing!!

i'd like to get back into music, i took a break for my studies and cos i was too stressed to hit the right notes, so then i ended up donating my keyboard to my neice. im glad she gets some enjoyment out of it, but id love to get back into music!! a new keyboard (or a piano, one can dream) would be amazing, but its about outside my price range rn, but i do have a harmonica and a ukulele i bought recently and id love to drop something to find some time to learn to play!
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
    Azziman wrote: »
    I used to play the trumpet - I'd love to get back into it, but practicing it is a nightmare without annoying the neighbours! :#
    I really empathise with this @Azziman - I used to play the drums and had the same problem! Also was part of a samba percussion group. But it all sort of dropped off when I had a couple of teachers who sucked the joy out of it. I'd love to get back into that stuff.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    I reckon I should try to get back into my knitting, it gave me a lot of solace during the pandemic and gave me something to focus on when I couldn't work, now maybe I could try to look at it more as a bit of fun like doing some once a week =)
  • ConnorConnor Deactivated Posts: 508 Incredible Poster
    I love the idea of this thread :)

I used to play acoustic guitar but recently it's just something i've never really found time for, so it's just collecting dust now :') I should change that!