Home Anything Goes
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Hair dyeing

ZayZay Recovering🥀LondonCommunity Champion Posts: 3,182 Boards Guru
So I got my hair coloured for the first time back in July this year with this:
vlnmjb20fym1.png
My natural hair colour is black, and half of my hair is with this colour (I've done an ombre style). I don't want the colour to ever touch my roots. My hair had to get bleached first so that the exact colour would show up on my hair.

I want to get my hair redyed with this colour (this time with a balayage style):
bjk08s551h7w.png
I want this done before my 18th birthday, which is in three months, so there is a lot of time. And I'll have to get it bleached again.

But right now I want to focus on my hair's health. I am going to get a haircut soon so that some damage is gone and so that my hair can get rid of the split ends and so that it can grow.
I am just worried about getting my hair bleached again, because I already bleached it five months ago. How long does it take for bleached hair to recover? Is it okay if I bleach it again in three months? How often can you bleach your hair?
"You don't have to struggle in silence."

Comments

• Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 2,984 Boards Guru
    Honestly, it can take quite a while for bleached hair to recover!

A hairdresser would be able to give you a more precise estimation :)

My hair took years to recover after being bleached but that was hairdresser style bleach <3
    I'm a community moderator. I represent The Mix on the discussion boards and I'm here to help guide discussions, make sure everything is within guidelines, and take care of the housekeeping. I can't send or receive private messages, but you can message @TheMix or email [email protected] with any questions or concerns and the team will get back to you.

Community Guidelines | How to use the boards | How to report a post | How to report spam
  • ZayZay Recovering🥀 LondonCommunity Champion Posts: 3,182 Boards Guru
    Yh I'll prolly ask my best friend's mum (she's the one who dyed my hair), I'm sure she would know as she studied hair and beauty in her college.
    That sounds like a great plan @zaynab_5 :)

I'm sure she'll have some useful knowledge! :)
    I'm a community moderator. I represent The Mix on the discussion boards and I'm here to help guide discussions, make sure everything is within guidelines, and take care of the housekeeping. I can't send or receive private messages, but you can message @TheMix or email [email protected] with any questions or concerns and the team will get back to you.

Community Guidelines | How to use the boards | How to report a post | How to report spam
  • Emma_Emma_ 🥦🌻🌿 Vibing with plants and vegan food Community Manager Posts: 412 Listening Ear
    Hey @Zay as someone who has dyed their hair alot (not always successfully :D ) the best thing I recommend for bleached hair is a lot of love and conditioning treatments. Try not to use heat on it too often, and if possible do a hair mask/ deep conditioning maybe one a week/ fortnight until you get it done again.

Sounds super exciting and what a lovely idea for your 18th!
    @Emma_ thank you for the recommendation :)
    Do you mind giving out what hair mask should I use?
    I always knew someone would have really insightful advice to share! Thanks @Emma_ for sharing all your wonderful top tips with @Zay. Really great to see. I hope it helps you too @Zay :3

• Emma_Emma_ 🥦🌻🌿 Vibing with plants and vegan food Community Manager Posts: 412 Listening Ear
    edited January 20
    Hey @Zay if I'm honest I normally buy what is on sale :p but I really love the brand Aussie, they have some great products including a deep conditioner (it's in a tub) that you can either use a normal conditioner or leave it on for 20 minutes and it acts as a hair mask - smells amazing too!
    Laura_tigger82
    Yess, like we bargains with anything and everything! Thanks @Emma_. Hope @Emma_'s post helps you @Zay. I know I would have found this information super useful when I had my hair bleached! :3

@Emma_ Ahh Aussie I used to use the mega shampoo and conditioner, but never really used the deep conditioner, thank you Emma!
    Laura_tigger82
    Yay! It sounds like we have both learnt something new today about hair products. I hope it helps @Zay. Thanks @Emma_ :3

• maryam852maryam852 Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    @Zay I'm thinking about dyeing my hair that exact same colour! I'm so excited!
    maryam852 wrote: »
    @Zay I'm thinking about dyeing my hair that exact same colour! I'm so excited!
    Honestly I can say the same, I'm losing my patience ngl :joy::bawling: