Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hair dyeing

Past UserPast User Recovering🥀LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Honestly, it can take quite a while for bleached hair to recover!

A hairdresser would be able to give you a more precise estimation :)

My hair took years to recover after being bleached but that was hairdresser style bleach <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
  • Options
    That sounds like a great plan @zaynab_5 :)

I'm sure she'll have some useful knowledge! :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
    Hey @Zay as someone who has dyed their hair alot (not always successfully :D ) the best thing I recommend for bleached hair is a lot of love and conditioning treatments. Try not to use heat on it too often, and if possible do a hair mask/ deep conditioning maybe one a week/ fortnight until you get it done again.

Sounds super exciting and what a lovely idea for your 18th!
  • Options
  • Options
    I always knew someone would have really insightful advice to share! Thanks @Emma_ for sharing all your wonderful top tips with @Zay. Really great to see. I hope it helps you too @Zay :3
  • Options
    Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
    edited January 2022
    Hey @Zay if I'm honest I normally buy what is on sale :p but I really love the brand Aussie, they have some great products including a deep conditioner (it's in a tub) that you can either use a normal conditioner or leave it on for 20 minutes and it acts as a hair mask - smells amazing too!
  • Options
    Yess, like we bargains with anything and everything! Thanks @Emma_. Hope @Emma_'s post helps you @Zay. I know I would have found this information super useful when I had my hair bleached! :3
  • Options
  • Options
    Yay! It sounds like we have both learnt something new today about hair products. I hope it helps @Zay. Thanks @Emma_ :3
  • Options
    maryam852maryam852 Posts: 187 Helping Hand
    @Zay I'm thinking about dyeing my hair that exact same colour! I'm so excited!
  • Options