Home Drink & Drugs
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Limited spaces available! Sign up here
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

ppl, alcohol and addiction

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 1,469 Wise Owl
im safe now coz im in a different now :). my cleaner asks to hav a drink with me after he is done, instead of no alchol beer, he buys a 10.99 bottle of whisky. we hav a few, he makes them doubles, but it looks big without measure, after done he leaves., without locking the door n drives home. could anything hpn. is he a toxic/abusive person? and can tht make u want more?

Comments

• ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 1,469 Wise Owl
    i had support workers do it too
  • Lucy307Lucy307 UKPosts: 944 Part of The Mix Family
    Hi Ellie, have you told your mum about this? It doesn’t sound like this is appropriate behaviour for either cleaners or support workers to me but I feel your mum may be able to help?
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
    yes, will the alcahol come up in my blood test if its a full body 1?
  • AislingDMAislingDM Posts: 264 Moderator
    Heya @ellie2000 just wanted to check in to see how you're doing at the moment, as has already been said, that should not be something that cleaners or support workers are doing and you deserve to feel safe around these people. I hope you've been able to confide in your mum about this as you really do deserve support. <3 In terms of the alcohol showing up in your blood test, I've read online that if they are looking for alcohol it can remain in your blood for up to 28 days here is the link:

https://www.dnalegal.com/blog/how-long-do-drugs-and-alcohol-stay-your-system

We're here for you Ellie <3
    ppl do things which i cant control
  • kaishapb_15kaishapb_15 Posts: 16 Settling in
    Hey @ellie2000 how are you? I agree with the comments above this is inappropriate behaviour from the cleaner, is there anyone at home you can talk to about this to prevent it from happening in the future?

We are all here if you feel unsafe and need someone to turn to <3
  • kimberley1907kimberley1907 Posts: 55 Boards Initiate
    Hi @ellie2000.
    I understand that it's something you can't control, as it's your cleaner's actions, and maybe you feel like you can't say no (correct me if I'm wrong). You said that you'd told your mum about this, which is great! That's such a brave thing for you to do!

Could you maybe speak to your mum about getting a different cleaner? As everyone has already said, it's not appropriate what he's doing at all, and it might be best if he no longer worked for you, to help make you safe.

I hope you're well.
    ppl do my head in