Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hiya everyone! I'm Jaz <3

jazcharlottejazcharlotte Posts: 64 Boards Initiate
Hi guys,
My name is Jaz :) I hope everyone is doing okay today! But if not that's okay too :)
I've joined TheMix to connect with people who may be in need of a chat to hopefully help uplift feelings of loneliness or low moods etc. You need to get anything of your chest I am happy to listen <3
To break the ice a little...
From a young age I battled with my self image due to bullying which brought me struggles with my mental and physical health, I felt like I was in a constant internal conflict about how I should look and what I should eat.
Then during sixthform, my best friend passed away, this only perpetuated my internal struggle with mental health. It felt like a spiral of misfortunes that followed this - I was sexually assaulted on my way home from sixthform and this was my turning point ... I had to start talking to people about how my struggles, I couldn't fight the battle alone anymore. I found by talking to people around me it began to elevate the pressures I was putting on myself. Yes those things still hurt but they are a lot more manageable now I have taught myself to speak out.
It might not be easy at first, and you might not feel as though your feelings make any sense but that does not matter you still deserve to be listened too :) No matter how big or small you might think the problem is it does not matter to me I will still listen.

THIS NEXT BIT IS VERY IMPORTANT !! I have 5 Chickens, 2 Cats, 2 dogs and 2 fish! (I like to chat to my animals a lot too XD) What animals do you guys have/would like to have?! I would love to see <3

Comments

• Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Hi @jazcharlotte

Welcome to the Mix! <3
    It’s good to have you here! :3

Come say hi to everyone here:
    https://community.themix.org.uk/discussion/3596830/general-chit-chat-op-greentea#latest

Well, luckily for you, there's a pet thread: https://community.themix.org.uk/discussion/3597497/pet-thread/p2
  • Options
    Hi @lovemimoon !!
    Thank you very much I will be sure to say hi to everyone and definitely check out the pets! :)
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Hey @zaynab_5 ,
    Thank you for making me feel so welcome, I thought by sharing my experiences that it would help break the ice to let people know its important they deserve to be listened to as well :)<3
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    @LorryTruck Thankyou <3
  • Options
    _Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
    Hey @jazcharlotte welcome to the mix❤️
  • Options
    @_Tech_Addict_Girl thankyou! ❤️
  • Options
    I’ve recently finished my psychology and criminology degree, ready to start my masters in psychology in September 🥰 I am very passionate about helping people and thought this would be a great place to share what I’ve learned through uni and life experiences in the hopes of helping people
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    Welcome to the mix @jazcharlotte I hope you enjoy being here. You should be very proud of yourself for how you've done at uni and I'm pleased to hear things are going well for you.
  • Options
    Supernova wrote: »
    Welcome to the mix @jazcharlotte I hope you enjoy being here. You should be very proud of yourself for how you've done at uni and I'm pleased to hear things are going well for you.

@Supernova Thank you so much, everyone has been so welcoming!
    Don't get me wrong it has come with its challenges, but I thought coming to the mix would not only help me with continue to cope with those challenges but that I could help and find others who understand <3
    How're you today?
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    That's a good mindset to have @jazcharlotte

Often times helping others is much easier than helping yourself and it has the benefit of usually being a mood lifter. It also affords you the opportunity to learn more about yourself and others at the same time.

As for me I'm okay, had a rough couple of days but I'm not doing too bad tonight. :)
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,851 Extreme Poster
    Welcome! x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.