Home Work & Volunteering
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Applied to the army

2»

Comments

• Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 2,984 Boards Guru
    @Distraction - Congratulations! I am so happy for you. It is wonderful to see your dreams coming true. A diary sounds like a fabulous idea if you feel comfortable with that :3

@ellie2000 - Thanks for helping @Distraction to weigh up options. However, as you know, everything we do in life comes with negatives as well as positives. I truly believe we were all made for a higher purpose and sometimes that calling comes with negatives! But if it is @Distraction’s true dream, I say go get it! :3

@Anch0r33 - I am wishing you all the best of luck with your appeal. How are you currently feeling about the appeal? Make sure you continue taking it one step at a time as I appreciate it could feel overwhelming. We are here for you whenever you need us! :3
    I'm a community moderator. I represent The Mix on the discussion boards and I'm here to help guide discussions, make sure everything is within guidelines, and take care of the housekeeping. I can't send or receive private messages, but you can message @TheMix or email [email protected] with any questions or concerns and the team will get back to you.

Community Guidelines | How to use the boards | How to report a post | How to report spam
    Anch0r33Distraction
  • Anch0r33Anch0r33 Obnoxiously Large Anchor Somewhere in the sea 🌊Community Champion Posts: 1,188 Wise Owl
    @Anch0r33, sorry to hear this, must have been really hard to get the news.

Are you going to try again after uni and see what they say?

I knew I always wanted to join the army, so I never went to the doctors but at some points I really could have done with it so well done for getting help when you needed it, looking after yourself is no.1 priority in these situations.

I'm not sure yet tbh, I applied for the uni air Squadron so it's totally different to actually serving but I'm really thinking about the reserves.

I'm going through the appeals process and that's an effort but I was the only female intake this year out of a large amount of unis eligible for the air Squadron so I'm just really hopeful
                   (_)
                    |
               ()---|---()
                    |
                    |
             __     |     __
            |\     /^\     /|
              '..-'   '-..'
                `-._ _.-`
                    `
    Distraction
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 2,737 Boards Champion
    the army there r alot of sexual assualt cases
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 2,984 Boards Guru
    @Anch0r33 - I am so proud of you no matter what you go for! You are doing such a fabulous job. Most important of all, you are really determined. Determination is such a key transferrable skill!

@ellie2000 Oh no. That doesn't sound good at all. Thanks for continuing to spread awareness about really important topics. Your contributions are always really valuable!
    I'm a community moderator. I represent The Mix on the discussion boards and I'm here to help guide discussions, make sure everything is within guidelines, and take care of the housekeeping. I can't send or receive private messages, but you can message @TheMix or email [email protected] with any questions or concerns and the team will get back to you.

Community Guidelines | How to use the boards | How to report a post | How to report spam
    Anch0r33
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 969 Part of The Mix Family
    Huge well done to you @Distraction , glad to see things finally working out. Now just to pass the other rigorous parts of the process, but I know you can do it!! <3

Laura_tigger82
  • DistractionDistraction Noob ScotlandPosts: 349 The Mix Regular
    Thank you @AislingDM !!
    Laura_tigger82AislingDM
    edited March 15
    Hi guys!

I PASSED my bleep test!!

At AC I failed with a 5.1, needed a 6.6, today I got a 7.1!

I put the work in and it paid off, so happy

Next steps: chat with the recruiter tomorrow about job roles and basic training dates

It's literally been a year this month since I applied and finally seeing the start of something new, I could be in for the summer!

Will write on here again tomorrow about the phone call
    Just off the phone with the guy, I could start basic in two weeks if I go as driver!

However (girly moment) I'm getting semi permanent eyebrows tattooed in May and I can not go to basic without them lol (trying to get appointment moved forward) if not it'll be about June when I start training!!! (unless I want to wait for dog handler but that's another two years just sitting about doing nothing so really thinking about driver for now anyway)

This is scary now, never thought I'd get this far, living my life, traveling, become a soldier, away from shitty family fights, I can be myself, it's exciting and daunting also terrifying lol but I'm a happy sarcastic fun person and I hope that shines through because I've not been able to be care free for so long, I hope to make good pals and it all works out
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Yay, well done @Distraction thats amazing news, I hope your chat goes well do let us know how it goes!
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.