Home Politics and Debate
Exciting news! Join our watch club and get free access to NOW for 1 month

What big thing have you changed your mind on, and why?

MikeMike 🖥️🎧LandaanPosts: 3,330 Community Manager
I've been thinking a lot about political discourse recently, and people are often criticised for changing their minds about things. There are obviously times where hypocrisy or 'flip flopping' on an issue is a problem, particularly when so many politicians seem to be doing it. Generally though, I personally think changing your mind is a good thing because it shows you've opened your mind to new ideas and new perspectives.

So what significant thing have you changed your mind on, and what convinced you?
All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
Jade09

Comments

• MikeMike 🖥️🎧 LandaanPosts: 3,330 Community Manager
    The big one for me is probably vegetarian/veganism.

I spent a long time thinking it was ridiculous, without actually taking the time to break down the logic behind it. Eventually, I found there were some truths that were undeniable - the environmental impact of eating meat, the inefficiency, the (somewhat more subjective) cruelty of animal agriculture, and the list went on. I found myself in a position where it just made sense.

It seems pretty clear to me now that meat and dairy farming will either disappear completely in the future or at least it won't be the norm. Maybe cheese and meats will be available at premium prices or something, and become more a luxury than a dietary staple.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Jade09