Home Health & Wellbeing
Ongoing maintenance - the boards are undergoing some ongoing, intermittent maintenance. Pages might load slightly slower than usual and there may be very short periods where the boards are offline.

Interview monday

ShaunieShaunie I’m alive but I’m deadEngland 🏠Posts: 11,260 An Original Mixlorian
edited September 19 in Health & Wellbeing
I have in interview Monday for a peer support worker. But it’s not in my area and I don’t have a car. Usually preferred to have a car to drive to peers houses ect. But don’t need a car as lot of them go to the recovery college. The job is in a recovery college working 121 with individuals with mental illness as the primary care service in nhs and helping them recieve help early and Help with goal setting it’sa part time job

bit scared for interview 
𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐚𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐝𝐨𝐧’𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐒𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝. 💕💕

Comments

• AzzimanAzziman The Mix convert Posts: 826 Part of The Mix Family
    Best of luck! Keep your cool and give it your best shot :)
    Shaunie
  • DandelionDandelion Posts: 820 Part of The Mix Family
    Good Luck! That sounds like such an amazing job 
    Today is a great day for a great day. 
    Shaunie
  • JordanJordan Posts: 223 Super Moderator
    Sending you good wishes for your interview @Shaunie, hope it goes well!
    Shaunie
  • Emoji246Emoji246 Posts: 366 Listening Ear
  • AidanAidan Clever idiot Posts: 2,620 Boards Champion
    Good luck for your interview, I'm sure it'll go well!
    "Do, or do not, there is no try" <(•.•)>              
    Shaunie
  • ShaunieShaunie I’m alive but I’m dead England 🏠Posts: 11,260 An Original Mixlorian
    edited September 21
    Thank guys. Had the interview!  Bit scared because went quick and should really be longer so not good sign lol 

said will ring tomorrow 
    𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐚𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐝𝐨𝐧’𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐒𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝. 💕💕
  • ShaunieShaunie I’m alive but I’m dead England 🏠Posts: 11,260 An Original Mixlorian
    I think I had the most nervous voice going 😂😂😂 hopefully they thought it was just the microphone 
  • coc0maccoc0mac Posts: 582 Incredible Poster
    Congrats for doing the interview! Don't panic too much about the length of time, short and sweet doesn't always mean a bad thing :heart: That's great that they said they'll be in touch tomorrow, waiting to hear back can feel daunting so a nice quick process sounds good :smile: Best of luck! 

• DandelionDandelion Posts: 820 Part of The Mix Family
    Yay, well done! 
    Today is a great day for a great day. 
    edited September 21
    Thank you!

i think I fucked it up by saying the challenge is I can’t drive lol 

I should know by tomorrow so will post back tomorrow 
    edited September 21
    Also what I don’t get is she asked how long notice I would need from current job to leave. I said about two weeks. But what if I don’t want to leave primark because of the extra money? 
    Like if I want a part time job as a peer supoort worker do I have to leave primark because it’s on the weekend

is it a thing where you don’t mix that different sort of jobs ?
  • LaineLaine Llama Mama Gone for GooPosts: 2,402 Boards Champion
    This has lots of info :) 
    https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/pay-and-tax-when-working-in-more-than-one-job

I think it's independent to their contract so you want to see your primark contract and get a copy of theirs to find out if they have any rules 

Commonly not working jobs that conflict etc 

But you should be able to work both many do but just note it's hard work and I think with roles like peer support it's important to monitor that you don't get burnt out so you can still perform your best :) 

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"What's gonna be left of the world if you're not in it?" ~ Bastille

"Here's to the ones that we got
    Cheers to the wish you were here, but you're not" ~ Maroon 5
    Thanks @Laine
    I also think I said “um” about 200 times
  • StephanieStephanie Posts: 742 Super Moderator
    Hey Shaunie,

Just wanted to pop on to say well done for going to your interview as you said you was scared. Interviews can be quite daunting, so it's super positive that you went to it :heart:

:smile:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" 

- Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

Missed the phone call ahh. Sent voicemail saying they will ring back
    It’s gone past five and they haven’t rang back. Ugh I thought my phone was on loud. 

I will take that as I haven’t got it lol
  • Lucy307Lucy307 UKPosts: 810 Part of The Mix Family
    Well done for the interview Shaunie. I’ve got everything crossed for you that it’s positive news you hear from them, hopefully tomorrow morning!! 🤞
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
    edited September 23
    Thanks

But I didn’t get it
    Apperenetly did really well, I guess they would say that tho and would of loved me to work for them. I scored the same number as someone else But it was a matter of they could drive and I can’t & would be difficult to get to people’s houses as it’s quiet rural 
  • chubbydumplingchubbydumpling DurhamPosts: 460 Moderator
    I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get it @Shaunie but well done for going through the interview process - it sounds like you really impressed them! Fingers crossed you'll be able to find something else, maybe even closer to home =)
  • JordanJordan Posts: 223 Super Moderator
    Well done for going through the interview process @Shaunie, even though you didn't get it is still a valuable learning experience. It sucks that it came down to who could drive and who could not, but at least that means you were incredibly talented and skilled! :)

Hope the job search goes well, and I am sure you will find something similar  to this role if that's what you want
  • _John_John Posts: 68 Boards Initiate
    edited September 23
    Personally I don't know if there's a peer support worker position in care homes and if there is one, you might want to consider. The job you've applied for is something to do with agency and it requires a lot of travelling from each individual's house to house which puts a lot of stress compared to working just inside like a care home where you don't even need a car depending on where you live. This is from my personal experience when I tried to apply one so if you feel bad about I what I said, please take my word for it. <3

I wish you best of luck on your next move @Shaunie I hope my advice will be useful to you.

"Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak."  - Sun Tzu
    Thanks all

@_John it’s not agency work tho 
  • AzzimanAzziman The Mix convert Posts: 826 Part of The Mix Family
    Well done @Shaunie - you still came away with experience of doing an interview, so it will help for the next time! x