Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

I’m back!

pandalover200pandalover200 Deactivated Posts: 349 The Mix Regular
Hey all 
I had some time away from mix and wanted to make sure you know I am having a fresh start.  Some things I said before I think upset some of you  and I’m going to be more truthful from now on. I understand that’s important On a community like this.
I also said some things to get support more quickly and understand this maybe caused upset with the community I’m sorry for this and will be more truthful this time

Comments

• pandalover200pandalover200 Deactivated Posts: 349 The Mix Regular
    Aidan said:
    Welcome back!

Glad to hear you're looking at being more honest, this is good for the community but also good for you as it will help you get better support :) Do you mind me asking what so far that you've told us is truthful?
    Kind of difficult to answer but sure so I’m aged 13  suffer from anxiety and depression and feeling lonely. 
    Get bullied in school 
    maybe @TheMix can help me write the rest 
  • ZenZen Posts: 1,989 Extreme Poster
    Welcome @pandalover200 <3 
    Alis propriis volat 
    Eleanor said:
    Welcome @pandalover200 <3 
    Thanks 
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Hiya @pandalover200 welcome back! It’s great that you’ve reflected on your time here and decided to be more honest, it’s really difficult to open up about problems sometimes but when you do in a place like this, honesty is so important :) 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • AnneFrypanAnneFrypan Posts: 335 The Mix Regular
    Welcome back @pandalover200
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Welcome back daisy
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Hiya @pandalover200 welcome back! It’s great that you’ve reflected on your time here and decided to be more honest, it’s really difficult to open up about problems sometimes but when you do in a place like this, honesty is so important :) 
    Yes thanks so much 
    Shaunie said:
    Welcome back daisy
    Thanks felt so lonely and low without the community so glad to be back 
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    It's really appreciated that you've decided to apologise and start again. I didn't realise how young you were, just out of curiosity have you ever tried childline? They have a similar message board accept it's more tailored towards younger people. 
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Welcome back <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    It's really appreciated that you've decided to apologise and start again. I didn't realise how young you were, just out of curiosity have you ever tried childline? They have a similar message board accept it's more tailored towards younger people. 
    Thanks nope I haven’t 
    Azziman said:
    Welcome back <3
    Thanks 
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    edited August 2020
    Oh sorry yeah. Agree with Aidan Could you make a post on what is the truth about situation. Cause j just called you daisy but i don’t know if that’s true cause your dog was called daisy. Sorry not trying to be rude just would be helpful. As might accidentally say another thing from the past It’s okay to lie about your name if you want to for privacy though. I did that on childline chats. Or yeah I’ll just try to totally forget what was said before
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Shaunie said:
    Oh sorry yeah. Agree with Aidan Could you make a post on what is the truth about situation. Cause j just called you daisy but i don’t know if that’s true cause your dog was called daisy. Sorry not trying to be rude just would be helpful. As might accidentally say another thing from the past It’s okay to lie about your name if you want to for privacy though. I did that on childline chats. Or yeah I’ll just try to totally forget what was said before
    Sorry it’s difficult I’m daisy and  aged 13 and suffer from anxiety and depression maybe @TheMix can help with rest? 
    @pandalover200

https://www.childline.org.uk/

Check em out, they're fantastic when it comes to supporting young ones and the best part is that they work just like the mix  ;)

@pandalover200

https://www.childline.org.uk/

Check em out, they're fantastic when it comes to supporting young ones and the best part is that they work just like the mix  ;)

Ok will do thanks the mix is great too
    @pandalover200, I hope you don't mind me asking but since we're on the topic, what the situation with you parents?
    @pandalover200, I hope you don't mind me asking but since we're on the topic, what the situation with you parents?
    Ok I will tell you the truth  I am caring for them with help from careers and due to them have dematia can’t spell it they can be aubsive 
    thanks I am making. Anew fresh start here and it’s brave for me to open up 
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,083 Wise Owl
    Hey @pandalover200

Welcome back :heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Ok I will tell you the truth  I am caring for them with help from careers and due to them have dematia can’t spell it they can be aubsive 

Hey I'm a little confused, do they both have dementia or just one parent? Do you have siblings?
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    Hey :) 

Its good to have you back , I work with adults with dementia so know how scary and frustrating it can get when there “Violent” . I have found it’s normally because there frustrated about something and that speaking to them in a calm tone or distracting them with something that makes them smile or happy , even a cup of tea can help diffuse the situation <3
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Stephanie said:
    Hey @pandalover200

Welcome back :heart:
    Thanks

Hey I'm a little confused, do they both have dementia or just one parent? Do you have siblings?
    They both have it nope no siblings 
    Hey :) 

Its good to have you back , I work with adults with dementia so know how scary and frustrating it can get when there “Violent” . I have found it’s normally because there frustrated about something and that speaking to them in a calm tone or distracting them with something that makes them smile or happy , even a cup of tea can help diffuse the situation <3
    Thanks maybe you can offer me support I’m glad to be back 
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,143 Part of The Furniture
    edited September 2020
    I’m still Fairly new in the role so I don’t know too much but am happy to help where I can 💜 if you don’t mind me asking do you know what type of dementia they have ? I work with all different types and sometimes the way you calm them down can be different depending on there Outburst / type of dementia 
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Sorry to hear about your parents. 
    What type of dementia do they have?
    edited September 2020
    I’m still Fairly new in the role so I don’t know too much but am happy to help where I can 💜 if you don’t mind me asking do you know what type of dementia they have ? I work with all different types and sometimes the way you calm them down can be different depending on there Outburst / type don’t know lAter one 
    edited September 2020
    GreenTea said:
    What type of dementia do they have?later one 
  • GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    GreenTea said:
    Early onset 

Aggression and violence don't present in early onset.. it shows a lot later on..
    GreenTea said:
    GreenTea said:
    Early onset 

Aggression and violence don't present in early onset.. it shows a lot later on..
    Sorry got it wrong I don’t know what type but it’s a late one