Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Family death

Comments

• lucyking200lucyking200 Deactivated Posts: 130 The Mix Convert
    Shaunie said:
    @Lucy307

Are you with a foster family or a foster home?
    Foster family 
    Within 4 days?
    Yes they got it sorted quick 
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,493 Skive's The Limit
    edited June 2020
    Really but It takes awhile for someone to get fosted and older kids take even longer. But yeah i dont know much about it
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    It's not unusual to be offered a foster family within 4 days Shaunie, you can actually be offered a foster family within the hour if it's an emergency. I'd recommend telling your SW that you dislike your foster family Lucy. You have been through an awful lot, the last thing you need is to be stuck with a family you're unhappy with <3
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,874 Extreme Poster
    So your mum and dad and sister all died 4 days ago? 
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
    Shaunie said:
    Really but It takes awhile for someone to get fosted and older kids take even longer. But yeah i dont know much about it
    Yes I have got it done  quick 
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    If it’s emergency foster family which is the likely case with it being so soon you shouldn’t be with them for too long Lucy x hopefully your get moved to a short/long term foster home soon 💜
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    Liam said:
    It's not unusual to be offered a foster family within 4 days Shaunie, you can actually be offered a foster family within the hour if it's an emergency. I'd recommend telling your SW that you dislike your foster family Lucy. You have been through an awful lot, the last thing you need is to be stuck with a family you're unhappy with <3
    I will stick it out awhile longer 
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    I agree with Millie, if its emergency foster care you should be moved on pretty soon however, you shouldnt have to stay with a family who are mean, especially given that you have been through so much over the past week.
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,146 Part of The Furniture
    Hopefully you should only be in your emergency placment for up to 30 days but most only last a few weeks . SW really do work hard to try and find a family That suit your needs and likes  when they move you from emergency foster 💜
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    edited June 2020
    @lucyking200   You can definitely move if you're not happy, I suggest speaking to your social worker ASAP . Somone I know works in the services and they've had young people come and go.

whats this thing with princess trust you're worried about and how comes you don't like your foster family?
    Post edited by TheMix on
    Can you clarify? Are you saying that your mum and dad and sister all died 4 days ago?
    Yes 
    @Lucy307 You can definitely move if you're not happy, I suggest speaking to your social worker ASAP . Somone I know works in the services and they've had young people come and go.

whats this thing with princess trust you're worried about and how comes you don't like your foster family?
    I  guess wirh princes trust it’s the unknown and fact it’s online and foster family are a little mean 
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,874 Extreme Poster
    They died of different things but all 3 of them on the same day? 
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
    They died of different things but all 3 of them on the same day? 
    Patents died same day 
    sister day before 
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,614 Legendary Poster
    Lucy, you don't have to lie on here. If there's something you need support with we're here for you and it's much better if you're up front with us so that we can support you in the best way possible and get a good picture of your situation. I understand it's scary posting on here, but honestly we don't judge and it's better to tell the truth.

There's nothing wrong with, for example, having a social worker or being in a foster home. Please do talk to your social worker if you don't like your foster family. It's very important that you ask them whether you're in emergency, short-term or long-term foster care, so that you know roughly how long you'll have to stay there. How are they mean? Mean is a very vague word with a few different possible meanings. 

I don't remember you posting on here before, so I'm now taking this at face value and assuming in good faith that it is true. I assume either way, there's something you really do need support with and it's ok to talk about whatever that is. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Have you used the mix before (in the past) by any chance, I feel like I remember someone coming to the mix with a similar topic? 
    Nope I’m new 
    Lucy, you don't have to lie on here. If there's something you need support with we're here for you and it's much better if you're up front with us so that we can support you in the best way possible and get a good picture of your situation. I understand it's scary posting on here, but honestly we don't judge and it's better to tell the truth.

There's nothing wrong with, for example, having a social worker or being in a foster home. Please do talk to your social worker if you don't like your foster family. It's very important that you ask them whether you're in emergency, short-term or long-term foster care, so that you know roughly how long you'll have to stay there. How are they mean? Mean is a very vague word with a few different possible meanings. 

I don't remember you posting on here before, so I'm now taking this at face value and assuming in good faith that it is true. I assume either way, there's something you really do need support with and it's ok to talk about whatever that is. 
    Thanks yes they call me names I need support with loads of things 
  • StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Hey everyone, 

Just to let you know I've deleted quite a few comments on this thread- just to keep it on track for @lucyking200 to get support. 

@lucyking200 we hope you are okay and we are here for you, sorry to hear about everything you have been through, it sounds very difficult. :heart:

We are here for you, and care about you :smile::heart:
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Stephanie said:
    Hey everyone, 

Just to let you know I've deleted quite a few comments on this thread- just to keep it on track for @lucyking200 to get support. 

@lucyking200 we hope you are okay and we are here for you, sorry to hear about everything you have been through, it sounds very difficult. :heart:

We are here for you, and care about you :smile::heart:
    Thanks I was going to leave the mix as feel like I can’t  get the support I need? 
    If it’s ok to ask, what sorts of things do they call you? Just so I can get a better picture of how they are mean to you.

The most important thing for the moment is that you are in a safe home and that you’re being looked after properly, but if it’s more than emergency care, it’s also important that you’re comfortable and you’re able to feel relaxed in your environment. It must be really hard suddenly being moved into care at 16, so it’s important that you commuunicate with your social worker because at your age, they should take your wishes into account at least somewhat. 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    If it’s ok to ask, what sorts of things do they call you? Just so I can get a better picture of how they are mean to you.

The most important thing for the moment is that you are in a safe home and that you’re being looked after properly, but if it’s more than emergency care, it’s also important that you’re comfortable and you’re able to feel relaxed in your environment. It must be really hard suddenly being moved into care at 16, so it’s important that you commuunicate with your social worker because at your age, they should take your wishes into account at least somewhat. 
     Not too bad they just call me lazy 
    Are they being supportive of the fact that you’re grieving at the moment?
    Are they being supportive of the fact that you’re grieving at the moment?
    Yes 
    That’s good to hear Lucy. Hopefully you can sort that situation out with your social workers very soon.

How are you feeling today?
    That’s good to hear Lucy. Hopefully you can sort that situation out with your social workers very soon.

How are you feeling today?
    Better 
    I’m crying and low mood today 
  • StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    Hope your alright, it sounds like your going through a very tough time, but you will get through this I promise you, no matter how long it takes <3
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster

What's making you cry? 

What's making you cry? 
    Everything 
  • StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    Is there anything you can do as a distraction? Like read a book, listen to music or watch something? 
    Where all here for you if you want to talk about anything that’s on your mind, but if you don’t that’s absolutely fine, take your time. Like everything, things can take take time especially after experiencing such things you’ve already talked about, But we’re here to hold your hand and get you through it all <3
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *