Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Family death

lucyking200lucyking200 Deactivated Posts: 130 The Mix Convert
Hey 
my name is Lucy I’m new here aged 16 and live alone in a house due to  parents being dead 4 days ago of drugs overdose and sister of virus I’m looking for support here and someone to ask me questions that’s the way I work?

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,630 Legendary Poster
    Hi @lucyking200,

As I said on your other thread, I’’m so sorry to hear about the loss you’ve been through. To lose all your family in such a short space of time must be absolutely heartbreaking and I’m glad you’ve reached out for support here.

Sending you lots of hugs :heart: 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    Hey Lucy, first of all i'm so sorry for your loss.
    Do you have a good support network around you to help you through this tough time? We're always here if you want  a chat, but face to face support is always helpful. Have you managed to speak to anyone about how you're feeling? <3
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • Options
    Hi @lucyking200,

As I said on your other thread, I’’m so sorry to hear about the loss you’ve been through. To lose all your family in such a short space of time must be absolutely heartbreaking and I’m glad you’ve reached out for support here.

Sending you lots of hugs :heart: 
    Thanks  nope and  yes money I wanted to reach out here for support as keep crying and crying 
  • Options
    Hey Lucy, first of all i'm so sorry for your loss.
    Do you have a good support network around you to help you through this tough time? We're always here if you want  a chat, but face to face support is always helpful. Have you managed to speak to anyone about how you're feeling? <3
    Have no one else 
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,799 Master Poster
    Oh no @lucyking200 it is really upsetting to hear about what has happened. I am so sorry to hear that your family have died. It is a really hard time for everyone at the moment but it gets harder when you lose someone you love.

It sounds worrying that you have been left alone for 4 days because your family died.  Is there anyone you could go to for support or money? Remember that you are never alone on here.

Sending hugs <3 
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,505 Skive's The Limit
    I am so sorry to hear this. That must feel so awful.  Do you know how youre going to manage if you have no support? 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,630 Legendary Poster
    It’s always ok to reach out for support here, we are all here for you :heart: 
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Kasa2103 said:
    Oh no @lucyking200 it is really upsetting to hear about what has happened. I am so sorry to hear that your family have died. It is a really hard time for everyone at the moment but it gets harder when you lose someone you love.

It sounds worrying that you have been left alone for 4 days because your family died.  Is there anyone you could go to for support or money? Remember that you are never alone on here.

Sending hugs <3 
    College are paying bills but have no one else 
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    I am so sorry to hear this. That must feel so awful.  Do you know how youre going to manage if you have no support? 
    I think I will be ok  I will keep reaching out here 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Shaunie said:
    Im glad but  What about food and the bills you will need to pay
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    Shaunie said:
    Im glad but  What about food and the bills you will need to pay
    College are doing bills and food I am managing 
  • Options
    Oh how can college afford it? Glad they support you. Sorry to ask but did both of your parents overdose? Must be a shock
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    Oh how can college afford it? Glad they support you. Sorry to ask but did both of your parents overdose? Must be a shock
    They have loads of money so can they have been great.  And yes both died of overdose and sister died of virus 
  • Options
    Hello,

hope you are well. I am just feeling a little confused about your posts because some of it doesn’t seem to make sense. Colleges do not pay people’s bills and if they were aware you were living in a house alone because your parents and sister all died then they would have had to make a safeguarding referral. One way or another, there would have been social services involved? I am just struggling to see how this is all possible but perhaps you can offer some clarity? 

Just as a side note; it is a lot easier to get support if you are completely honest with us. We don’t judge. 
    Ok well I was scared to say on here but yes I have a social worker who helps 
    thanks 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Hello,

hope you are well. I am just feeling a little confused about your posts because some of it doesn’t seem to make sense. Colleges do not pay people’s bills and if they were aware you were living in a house alone because your parents and sister all died then they would have had to make a safeguarding referral. One way or another, there would have been social services involved? I am just struggling to see how this is all possible but perhaps you can offer some clarity? 

Just as a side note; it is a lot easier to get support if you are completely honest with us. We don’t judge. 
    thanks 
    Sorry I'm confused.  What do you mean
    Post edited by Siena on
  • Options
    JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,878 Extreme Poster
    So where are you actually living? Because no college or social services will pay your bills or leave you in a house alone. 
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Has your social worker arranged foster care for you?
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    Hello,

thanks 
    Sorry I'm confused.  What do you mean
    I didn’t want people to bite my head off on here so was scared to say 
  • Options
    So where are you actually living? Because no college or social services will pay your bills or leave you in a house alone. 
    In   Foster home 
  • Options
    Has your social worker arranged foster care for you?
    Yes foster home 
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Do you like your foster family lucy? :)
  • Options
    Liam said:
    Nope 
  • Options
    Perhaps it might be helpful to write a post here explaining the situation truthfully, because this whole thing is a bit confusing 
    Well I have now sorry 
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Posts: 1,997 Extreme Poster
    Liam said:
    Nope 

That must be really difficult :( I'm wondering why you don't like them? have you been able to tell your SW that you don't like your foster family?
  • Options
    Shaunie said:
    Why would you lie about that tho?
    I was scared 
  • Options
    Liam said:
    Liam said:
    Nope 

That must be really difficult :( I'm wondering why you don't like them? have you been able to tell your SW that you don't like your foster family?
    They are mean no I have to stay with  them now 
  • Options
    I just mean that it is quite confusing. I don’t know whether your parents and sister have died, and whether it was 4 days ago? And if they haven’t died what would you genuinely like support with? You don’t live alone you live with a foster family? It is hard to understand what the situation is and the more things that you lie about the harder it is to believe anything you write. 
    Yes they did die 4 days ago.  I want support with grief emotional issues and being anxious and worried all the time and about princes trust and the foster family are mean 
  • Options
    Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    edited June 2020
    @lucyking200

Are you with a foster family or a foster home?
    Post edited by TheMix on
  • Options
    @Lucy307

Foster family 
  • Options
    @Lucy307

Foster family 
    Within 4 days?