Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    edited June 2020
    🙃
  • Options
    Cut up so many potato. These people better eat them
  • Options
    EGMEGM Posts: 282 The Mix Regular
    @GreenTea I'm alright. Seeing my friends was nice but also strange. I have enjoyed my distance recently in some ways so it was weird
  • Options
    Has anyone had the nando's Extra got sauce?
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    What you cooking for them?
    I remember you saying actually. Takeaway Nandos
  • Options
    Chicken and salad burgers with nando's sauce of their choice,
    Sweet potato and normal potato homemade fries.
    Halloumi with sweet chilli dip.
    Broccoli and green beans 3 minutes in hot water

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,525 Skive's The Limit
    EGM said:
    @GreenTea I'm alright. Seeing my friends was nice but also strange. I have enjoyed my distance recently in some ways so it was weird
    Ohh it was your first time seeing them since covid? That must of been a really nice catch up then. I get what you mean with you enjjoyed your distance though. Sometimes have not much social battery so need distance. 
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Oh wow. That does sound wonderful
  • Options
    @Shaunie please don't mention covid in this thread anymore. It's upsetting for some users and I want to allow them to use the thread without getting upset and anxious. I have asked already
  • Options
    @EGM

Yep. I like cooking for everyone around me! Just not myself
  • Options
    @Shaunie Yeah it was our first face to face meet. We've been doing cards against humanities over zoom in the past few weeks but haven't been able to fully talk. 
  • Options
    Sorry hard not to
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    EGM said:
    @Shaunie Yeah it was our first face to face meet. We've been doing cards against humanities over zoom in the past few weeks but haven't been able to fully talk. 
     We can play cards against humanity here! If you want to and if anyone else does!
  • Options
    Whats cards against humainity @EGM ? I want to play games with people over facecall ha sounds fun
  • Options
    I hadn't played it before. It's an interesting game. We've been using this website: https://pyx-1.pretendyoure.xyz/zy/game.jsp
  • Options
    @GreenTea I would be happy to play at some point. Not usually my kind of game but can be funny
  • Options

• Options
    EGM said:
    I hadn't played it before. It's an interesting game. We've been using this website: https://pyx-1.pretendyoure.xyz/zy/game.jsp

There's an app which is a lot better for it?
  • Options
    Delicious. Give me some 😂
  • Options
    @EGM
    I'll post you a plate 😂
    I love cooking for everyone
  • Options
    GreenTea said:
    I'll have a look at the app 
  • Options
    EGM said:
    GreenTea said:
    EGM said:
    GreenTea said:

It's called evil apple!
  • Options
    StarlightStarlight Posts: 1,436 Wise Owl
    Eyepatch said:
    @Starlight is your signature a Hamilton quote? If so I love that song! 
    Yes it is!! Absolutely love Hamilton was waiting to see if anyone noticed aha
    “I got you, moonlight, you're my starlight
    I need you all night, come on, dance with me”

* Shine like the star you are! *
  • Options
    They really like the food 👌
  • Options
    Don't know what to have for my dinner
  • Options
    Does anyone even still want to do the quiz? I've had communication with the mix and I can host one using chat and you  guys involved too.. but I just want to check everyone still wants to do it?
  • Options
    EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    @GreenTea does the quiz have a theme? :) 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
  • Options
    Eyepatch said:
    @GreenTea does the quiz have a theme? :) 

Just gonna be pub quiz like. That's what the plan was but the site i used originally didn't work out so I approached the mix. 
    The rounds will be themed. People can host a round of they want
  • Options
    EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    @GreenTea Sounds like fun! I like quizzes, when would you host it and how do I join? 

I can make a round if needed :) 
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
  • Options
    @Eyepatch

I'll post more in a few days, working with the mix team to organise it!