Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General chit chat

Comments

• Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Hey, been a while, how is everyone?
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,515 Skive's The Limit
    Dandelion wrote: »
    Heyy! Struggling. How are you?
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    GreenTeaGreenTea Posts: 12,938 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix

Hey! How are you?
  • Options
    Royal mail are taking forever to deliver to my house.
  • Options
    Shaunie wrote: »
    Heyy! Struggling. How are you?

Sorry to hear that, I’m alright thanks
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction. 
  • Options
    GreenTea wrote: »

Hey! How are you?

I’m pretty good, drowning in coursework at the minute.
  • Options

Hey! How are you?

I’m pretty good, drowning in coursework at the minute.

Ah no. That sucks! Make sure you take breaks!
  • Options
    My hair is not getting any lighter 😠
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Are you meant to get a real test for covid if you have cold if the one you do at home says negative
  • Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Got a last minute call to be at work at 6pm today.
    The place's an hour and half away from where I live.

Aaaaye. 🙃🙃🙃

How's everyone's doing?
  • Options
    lovemimoonlovemimoon Posts: 2,318 Boards Champion
    Are you meant to get a real test for covid if you have cold if the one you do at home says negative

Don't think so, no.
    If you're worried about possibly having COVID then I believe there are certain services for that? However, if it tested negative then chances are you don't have COVID. Keep an eye out in case anything gets worse.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. 🙌🙌
  • Options
    lovemimoon wrote: »

Don't think so, no.
    If you're worried about possibly having COVID then I believe there are certain services for that? However, if it tested negative then chances are you don't have COVID. Keep an eye out in case anything gets worse.

You are supposed to go for a PCR if you show symptoms. Cold symptoms are symptoms of Delta veriant so should really be doing a PCR tbh
    Plus lateral flows aren't correct. My friend tested 4 times in one day and only one of the tests came back positive.
  • Options

Don't think so, no.

Don't think so, no.

Thank you. Yeah jusy symptoms of cold not covid
  • Options
    And this is why covid cases are increasing so much. People aren't going for PCR tests and just spreading the virus
  • Options
    Omggg just brought another bleach dye box and it’s clearly not what is meant to be the box. Just four of the same thing and not even instructions ugh
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    I personally think some people jusy can’t catch it. So many households have it and don’t social distant and some just don’t get it. Have kids and let them sneeze all over them when they have covid but they don’t catch it. Or other way round. And tbh it’s been like 2 years now. I think if you haven’t caught it yet - you can’t catch it
  • Options
    Anyone can catch it. Just because you haven't doesn't mean you won't.
    Research shows 1 in 3 colds...are covid
  • Options
    It's a pretty dangerous mindset to think you are invisible to covid. Literally anyone can get it at any time. I know people who are testing positive for second time and I know people who are testing positive for the first time. Just because you haven't caught it yet doesn't mean it won't happen.
  • Options
    kvyntposdzhz.png
  • Options
    Should still be responsible and get a PCR.
  • Options
    This is what I think of covid. Load of shit tbh

gkr6hljqk4v9.jpeg
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Recovering🥀 LondonPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    zaynab_5 wrote: »
    Covid just fucks up everyone's mental health and relationships. I think about it all the time. Apparently it's never going to go away urgh.

Nah it will be like flu.. around forever now. I guess some people just aren't willing to do their part to protect others. Ive had covid. Been really poorly with it etc so I know what it's like so I guess I'm more willing to protect people. Literally young people are dying of covid now. 2 school boys died within days of each other. I do PCR test when I get unwell and do lateral flows daily because I don't want to spread an illness that can kill someone
  • Options
    Just baffles me how willing people are to spread an illness and just don't care about it.
  • Options
    Country will be in lockdown again before we know it. With how fast it's spreading because people arent testing and isolating
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    zaynab_5 wrote: »
    Having to think about, ‘do I have my face mask? Have I sanitized my hands?' that's overwhelming and people get exhausted by it.

I think people want to get back to normal, whether it be to get back to school and go out with their family or just to go and enjoy time with their friends, they want that. So they look for things to confirm that and they are biased at what they’re looking at. They look at people that are out at restaurants and doing things like normal and that confirms what they believe to be true

This is the new normal now. We won't ever go back to a time like before
  • Options
    Just baffles me how willing people are to spread an illness and just don't care about it.

I don’t have it. Says I’m negative. Colds are common atm. If everyone went and got tested for a cold and claim they have covid symptoms we’d be in a nother lock down and won’t be able to give test to everyone
  • Options